Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA): Price and Financial Metrics
SENEA Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.73, Seneca Foods Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 2.43% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Seneca Foods Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.75% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Seneca Foods Corp is reporting a growth rate of 317.7%; that's higher than 95.09% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SENEA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SHI, SIF, NSYS, DXYN, and GCP.
- SENEA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Seneca Foods Corp's official web site, go to www.senecafoods.com.
SENEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SENEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$57.29||52-week high||$59.00|
|Prev. close||$54.48||52-week low||$25.04|
|Day high||$58.18||Avg. volume||40,030|
|50-day MA||$44.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$40.44||Market Cap||519.51M|
Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA) Company Bio
Seneca Foods Corporation produces, packages, and sells packaged fruits and vegetables in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Marion, New York.
SENEA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SENEA, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Seneca Foods Corp ranked in the 91th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 1514.33%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Seneca Foods Corp ended up being:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 24.08 -- which is good for besting 86.77% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Seneca Foods Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 9.19% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SENEA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 9.19% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SENEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SENEA Latest Social Stream
View Full SENEA Social Stream
Latest SENEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Seneca Foods Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SENEA as an investment opportunity.
Seneca Foods Commences Cash Tender Offer to Purchase Up to $75 Million in Value of its Class A Common Stock
MARION, N.Y., Feb. 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) (“Seneca” or the “Company”), one of North America's leading providers of packaged fruits and vegetables with facilities located throughout the United States, today announced the commencement of a tender offer (the “Offer”) to purchase up to $75 million in value of its Class A common stock, par value $0.25 per share (the “Class A Shares”), at a price not greater than $46.00 nor less than $40.00 per Class A Share to the seller in cash, less any applicable withholding taxes and without interest. The Company is conducting the Offer by means of a procedure commonly called a “modified Dutch auction”, which allows stockholders to indicate how much stock and at what price within the specified offer r...
Seneca Foods Corp. on Wednesday posted a nearly 300 percent increase in third-quarter earnings and a 23 percent improvement in sales. For the quarter ended Dec. 26, 2020, the Wayne County manufactu…
MARION, N.Y., Feb. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended December 26, 2020. Highlights (vs. year-ago, third quarter results): Net sales increased 23.3% to 484.4 million.Gross margin percentage increased from 13.3% to 16.0% as compared to the prior year three months due to higher selling prices and higher sales volume in the third quarter of 2021. “Our results for the quarter reflect the gain on sale of our prepared foods business as well as continued strong sales in our core business. I remain humbled by the dedication of all of our loyal employees during the pandemic as we continue to help do our part in meeting customer needs with our products,” stated Paul Palmby, Pres...
Out of thousands of stocks that are currently traded on the market, it is difficult to identify those that will really generate strong returns. Hedge funds and institutional investors spend millions of dollars on analysts with MBAs and PhDs, who are industry experts and well connected to other industry and media insiders on top of that. Individual investors can piggyback […]
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Canned Fruits Market - Growth, Trends, and Forecasts (2020 - 2025)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The canned fruits market is projected to record a CAGR of 5.13% during the forecast period (2020-2025). Companies Mentioned Dole Food Company The Kraft Heinz Company Del Monte Food Inc. Rhodes Food Group SunOpta Seneca Foods Gulong Food Kangfa Foods CHB Group Key Market Trends Juice-dipped Fruits are Revolutionising the Market of Canned Fr
SENEA Price Returns
Continue Researching SENEAHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Seneca Foods Corp's stock as an investment opportunity:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!