Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SENEA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SENEA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 79% of US stocks.
- SENEA's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SENEA's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 15.71% of US stocks).
SENEA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SENECA FOODS CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.6% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.34, SENECA FOODS CORP has a higher such ratio than merely 10.83% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 68.7%, SENECA FOODS CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 84.39% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SENECA FOODS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be SEB, PAHC, TGLS, RCKY, and BDL.
- SENEA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SENECA FOODS CORP's official web site, go to www.senecafoods.com.
SENEA Valuation Summary
- SENEA's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 70% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SENEA's price/earnings ratio has moved down 3.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SENEA.
SENEA Growth Metrics
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -17.44%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 84.32%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 4.09%.
The table below shows SENEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SENEA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SENEA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.09% of graded US stocks.
- SENEA's asset turnover comes in at 1.488 -- ranking 12th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, KHC, and LW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SENEA.
The table below shows SENEA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SENEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SENEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$67.24||52-week high||$68.74|
|Prev. close||$66.01||52-week low||$44.19|
|Day high||$68.09||Avg. volume||32,771|
|50-day MA||$60.49||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$55.77||Market Cap||510.08M|
Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA) Company Bio
Seneca Foods Corporation produces, packages, and sells packaged fruits and vegetables in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Marion, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SENEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SENEA Latest Social Stream
View Full SENEA Social Stream
Latest SENEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SENECA FOODS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SENEA as an investment opportunity.
Is Seneca Foods Corporation's (NASDAQ:SENE.A) Recent Stock Performance Influenced By Its Fundamentals In Any Way?
Most readers would already be aware that Seneca Foods' (NASDAQ:SENE.A) stock increased significantly by 14% over the...
Seneca Foods Cl A saw its IBD SmartSelect Composite Rating jump to 96 Friday, up from 83 the day before.
FAIRPORT, N.Y., Nov. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the second quarter and six months ended October 1, 2022. Executive Summary (vs. year-ago, second quarter results): Net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2023 totaled $439.8 million compared to $372.3 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2022. The year-over-year increase of $67.5 million is mostly from higher selling prices/improved sales mix. Gross marg
It may not be March Madness, but this quartet of value stocks still could draw a few interested spectators and speculators.
Seneca Foods' (NASDAQ:SENE.A) investors will be pleased with their notable 70% return over the last three years
By buying an index fund, investors can approximate the average market return. But if you buy good businesses at...
SENEA Price Returns