Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SENEA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SENEA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.58% of US stocks.
- SENEA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- SENEA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
SENEA Stock Summary
- SENEA's current price/earnings ratio is 3.31, which is higher than only 2.63% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Seneca Foods Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.57% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.3, Seneca Foods Corp has a higher such ratio than only 4.99% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Seneca Foods Corp are SIF, ZKIN, NEWA, CODI, and AKO.B.
- Visit SENEA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.senecafoods.com.
SENEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SENEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$47.26||52-week high||$62.37|
|Prev. close||$48.47||52-week low||$30.17|
|Day high||$48.55||Avg. volume||40,346|
|50-day MA||$50.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$44.15||Market Cap||428.55M|
Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA) Company Bio
Seneca Foods Corporation produces, packages, and sells packaged fruits and vegetables in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Marion, New York.
SENEA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Seneca Foods Corp. To summarize, we found that Seneca Foods Corp ranked in the 93th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 1672% on a DCF basis. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Seneca Foods Corp, consider:
- Interest coverage, a measure of earnings relative to interest payments, is 24.08 -- which is good for besting 85.4% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Seneca Foods Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 5.83% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SENEA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than merely 5.83% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SENEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SENEA Latest Social Stream
View Full SENEA Social Stream
Latest SENEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Seneca Foods Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SENEA as an investment opportunity.
Time to turn over more rocks to look for potential value -- not an easy task these days. To do so I've once again turned to my triple-net screen, which identifies stocks trading between 2x and 3x net current asset value, or NCAV. NCAV is calculated by subtracting total liabilities from current assets.
It's only natural that many investors, especially those who are new to the game, prefer to buy shares in 'sexy' stocks...
Freshpet shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 79 to 82.
Seneca Foods Corp. on Wednesday posted a nearly 300 percent increase in third-quarter earnings and a 23 percent improvement in sales. For the quarter ended Dec. 26, 2020, the Wayne County manufactu…
MARION, N.Y., Feb. 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended December 26, 2020. Highlights (vs. year-ago, third quarter results): Net sales increased 23.3% to 484.4 million.Gross margin percentage increased from 13.3% to 16.0% as compared to the prior year three months due to higher selling prices and higher sales volume in the third quarter of 2021. “Our results for the quarter reflect the gain on sale of our prepared foods business as well as continued strong sales in our core business. I remain humbled by the dedication of all of our loyal employees during the pandemic as we continue to help do our part in meeting customer needs with our products,” stated Paul Palmby, Pres...
SENEA Price Returns