Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SENEA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SENEA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SENEA is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SENEA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
SENEA Stock Summary
- SENEA's current price/earnings ratio is 7.41, which is higher than only 14.78% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.32, Seneca Foods Corp has a higher such ratio than merely 5.99% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SENEA's revenue has grown -7.69% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 11.79% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SENEA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SIF, VHI, BVH, NTZ, and ELA.
- Visit SENEA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.senecafoods.com.
SENEA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SENEA's price/sales ratio is 88.89% lower, now standing at 0.3.
- Over the past 243 months, SENEA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.2.
- SENEA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 16.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SENEA.
SENEA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 9.87%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 33.46%.
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -3.9%.
The table below shows SENEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SENEA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SENEA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.09% of graded US stocks.
- SENEA's asset turnover comes in at 1.488 -- ranking 12th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, KHC, and LW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SENEA.
The table below shows SENEA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SENEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SENEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.82||52-week high||$62.28|
|Prev. close||$61.25||52-week low||$41.54|
|Day high||$61.25||Avg. volume||29,130|
|50-day MA||$56.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$51.65||Market Cap||497.39M|
Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA) Company Bio
Seneca Foods Corporation produces, packages, and sells packaged fruits and vegetables in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Marion, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SENEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SENEA Latest Social Stream
View Full SENEA Social Stream
Latest SENEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Seneca Foods Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SENEA as an investment opportunity.
Finding a business that has the potential to grow substantially is not easy, but it is possible if we look at a few key...
Seneca Foods press release (SENEB): Q3 GAAP EPS of $2.14.Revenue of $445.6M.
MARION, N.Y., Feb. 10, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the third quarter and nine months ended January 1, 2022. Executive Summary (vs. year-ago, third quarter results): Net sales for the third quarter of fiscal 2022 totaled $445.6 million compared to $484.4 million in the third quarter of fiscal 2021.Gross margin as a percentage of net sales for the third quarter is 10.1% in 2022 as compared to 16.0% in 2021. Paul Pal
If you want to know who really controls Seneca Foods Corporation ( NASDAQ:SENE.A ), then you'll have to look at the...
Comerica Bank lowered its holdings in shares of Seneca Foods Co. (NASDAQ:SENEA) by 7.0% during the second quarter, according to its most recent filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The institutional investor owned 6,303 shares of the companys stock after selling 478 shares during the quarter. Comerica Bank owned about 0.07% of Seneca Foods 
SENEA Price Returns