Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SENEA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SENEA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.56% of US stocks.
- SENEA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- SENEA's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 19.85% of US stocks).
SENEA Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.89, Seneca Foods Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 3.34% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Seneca Foods Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.33, Seneca Foods Corp has a higher such ratio than just 5.31% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Seneca Foods Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be NICK, AKO.B, UFAB, VHI, and GCP.
- SENEA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Seneca Foods Corp's official web site, go to www.senecafoods.com.
SENEA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SENEA's price/earnings ratio is 82.57% lower, now standing at 3.6.
- SENEA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 11.5 over the prior 243 months.
- SENEA's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SENEA.
SENEA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 161.73%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 44.35%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 1.6%.
The table below shows SENEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SENEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SENEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.56||52-week high||$62.37|
|Prev. close||$54.17||52-week low||$34.86|
|Day high||$55.57||Avg. volume||38,692|
|50-day MA||$49.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$46.17||Market Cap||493.77M|
Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA) Company Bio
Seneca Foods Corporation produces, packages, and sells packaged fruits and vegetables in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Marion, New York.
SENEA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Seneca Foods Corp. To summarize, we found that Seneca Foods Corp ranked in the 92th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Seneca Foods Corp, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 24.08 -- which is good for besting 85.61% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Consumer Defensive sector with positive cash flow).
- Seneca Foods Corp's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 7.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
- SENEA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 7.62% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SENEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SENEA Latest Social Stream
View Full SENEA Social Stream
Latest SENEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Seneca Foods Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SENEA as an investment opportunity.
Canned Fruits & Vegetables Market is Thriving According to New Report: Opportunities Rise For Stakeholders by 2025 | The Schwan Food Company, Heinz Kraft Foods Company, Ocean Spray Cranberries, Seneca Foods Corporation, Ruiz Food Products
Global Canned Fruits & Vegetables Market highlights the information about the dominant players industries and market, technologies, and abilities over the trends and the developments of the industries. After deep research and analysis by the experts, they also disclosed the data about the strong contenders contributing in the market growth and expansion and challenging one 
Hedge Fund and Insider Trading News: Daniel Loeb, Warren Buffett, Brevan Howard Asset Management, White Square Capital, Bronte Capital, Seneca Foods Corp (SENEA), Artis Real Estate Investment Trust Unit (ARESF), and More
No summary available.
Edison, NJ -- ( SBWIRE ) -- 06/25/2021 -- The Latest survey report on COVID-19 Outbreak-Global Ready to Eat Rice Market sheds lights on changing dynamics in Food & Beverages Sector and elaborates market size and growth pattern of each of COVID-19 Outbreak- Ready to Eat Rice segments. As the shift to value continues, the producers are tackling challenges to personalized nutrition and match taste profiles. A wide list of manufactuerers were considered in the survey; to include mix bag of leaders and emerging manufacturers for company profiling that includes Seneca Foods Corp., Minute Rice, Vala Thai Food Co., Shanghai Meilin, VegaFoods, Tastic, Tasty Bite, Yamie, Marbour, Mars Inc & Gu Da Sao. Unlock new opportunities in COVID-19 Outbreak- Ready to Eat Rice Market; the latest release from...
By buying an index fund, investors can approximate the average market return. But if you choose individual stocks with...
Seneca Foods Corporation today announced financial results for the fourth quarter and twelve months ended March 31, 2021. Highlights (vs. year-ago, year-to-date results): Net sales for 2021 totaled $1,467.6 million compared to $1,335.8 million for the prior year, an increase of $131.8 million. The overall
SENEA Price Returns