Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SENEA POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SENEA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.92% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SENEA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SENEA's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 16.3% of US stocks).
SENEA Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SENECA FOODS CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 97.67% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.31, SENECA FOODS CORP has a higher such ratio than just 8.87% of stocks in our set.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 68.7%, SENECA FOODS CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 84.69% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SENECA FOODS CORP, a group of peers worth examining would be SEB, TGLS, PAHC, RCKY, and SIF.
- Visit SENEA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.senecafoods.com.
SENEA Valuation Summary
- SENEA's price/sales ratio is 0.3; this is 84.21% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SENEA's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SENEA.
SENEA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -1.24%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -83.54%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 314.93%.
The table below shows SENEA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SENEA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SENEA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.09% of graded US stocks.
- SENEA's asset turnover comes in at 1.488 -- ranking 12th of 59 Food Products stocks.
- JJSF, KHC, and LW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SENEA.
The table below shows SENEA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SENEA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SENEA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$61.04||52-week high||$68.74|
|Prev. close||$61.91||52-week low||$44.19|
|Day high||$62.56||Avg. volume||55,465|
|50-day MA||$62.74||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$57.56||Market Cap||463.05M|
Seneca Foods Corp. - (SENEA) Company Bio
Seneca Foods Corporation produces, packages, and sells packaged fruits and vegetables in the United States and internationally. The company was founded in 1949 and is based in Marion, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SENEA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SENEA Latest Social Stream
View Full SENEA Social Stream
Latest SENEA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SENECA FOODS CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SENEA as an investment opportunity.
Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ:SENE.A) is largely controlled by institutional shareholders who own 60% of the company
Every investor in Seneca Foods Corporation ( NASDAQ:SENE.A ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
Seneca Foods seems to be undervalued compared to peers based on multiple comparisons. Click here to read more of our analysis of SENEA stock.
Is Seneca Foods Corporation's (NASDAQ:SENE.A) Recent Stock Performance Influenced By Its Fundamentals In Any Way?
Most readers would already be aware that Seneca Foods' (NASDAQ:SENE.A) stock increased significantly by 14% over the...
Seneca Foods Cl A saw its IBD SmartSelect Composite Rating jump to 96 Friday, up from 83 the day before.
FAIRPORT, N.Y., Nov. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Seneca Foods Corporation (NASDAQ: SENEA, SENEB) today announced financial results for the second quarter and six months ended October 1, 2022. Executive Summary (vs. year-ago, second quarter results): Net sales for the second quarter of fiscal 2023 totaled $439.8 million compared to $372.3 million for the second quarter of fiscal 2022. The year-over-year increase of $67.5 million is mostly from higher selling prices/improved sales mix. Gross marg
SENEA Price Returns