Shake Shack, Inc. (SHAK): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHAK POWR Grades
- SHAK scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 48.57% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHAK is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SHAK's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 8.77% of US stocks).
SHAK Stock Summary
- SHAK's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 520.98 -- higher than 94.5% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SHAK is currently 50.46, higher than 89.73% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 79.02%, Shake Shack Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 87.57% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Shake Shack Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be MLVF, THS, MODV, CNDT, and VRS.
- SHAK's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shake Shack Inc's official web site, go to www.shakeshack.com.
SHAK Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SHAK's price/sales ratio is 90.32% higher, now standing at 5.9.
- Over the past 80 months, SHAK's price/sales ratio has gone down 13.9.
- SHAK's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 435 over the prior 80 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHAK.
SHAK Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 79.85%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 192.38%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -50.32%.
The table below shows SHAK's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHAK's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHAK has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 23.88% of graded US stocks.
- SHAK's asset turnover comes in at 0.492 -- ranking 43rd of 79 Restaraunts Hotels Motels stocks.
- CBRL, NATH, and HGV are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHAK.
The table below shows SHAK's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHAK Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHAK Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$46.49||52-week high||$111.49|
|Prev. close||$43.80||52-week low||$40.34|
|Day high||$47.03||Avg. volume||965,182|
|50-day MA||$58.54||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$71.38||Market Cap||1.96B|
Shake Shack, Inc. (SHAK) Company Bio
Shake Shack owns, operates, and licenses Shake Shack restaurants in the United States, the District of Columbia, North America, Europe, and Asia. The company offers hamburgers, hot dogs, crinkle-cut fries, shakes, frozen custard, beer, and wine. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHAK Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHAK Latest Social Stream
View Full SHAK Social Stream
Latest SHAK News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shake Shack Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHAK as an investment opportunity.
Shake Shack (NYSE: SHAK) recently served up mixed fourth-quarter earnings results for investors. Revenue has finally eclipsed pre-pandemic levels as comparable-store sales rose 2% compared to 2019. Shake Shack got help from rising prices and popular sandwich and drink launches.
We last reviewed the charts of Shake Shack on January 11 and told Real Money readers that "I am not convinced that I should chase SHAK here, but I will consider buying a pullback." The share price of SHAK weakened into late January and then bounced only to suffer a more recent pullback. In this updated daily bar chart of SHAK, below, we can see that the rally into February stopped short of the declining 200-day moving average line.
Shake Shack offered a weaker-than-expected sales outlook for the current quarter, citing volatility from the Omicron variant.
Inflation-based price hikes to reach nearly 7%
The following slide deck was published by Shake Shack Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
SHAK Price Returns