Sotera Health (SHC): Price and Financial Metrics
SHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$15.25||52-week high||$19.40|
|Prev. close||$15.06||52-week low||$5.78|
|Day high||$15.27||Avg. volume||1,362,523|
|50-day MA||$16.52||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$15.93||Market Cap||4.31B|
SHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHC POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SHC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.7% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHC is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SHC ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
SHC Stock Summary
- SHC's went public 2.85 years ago, making it older than only 11.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SOTERA HEALTH CO is higher than it is for about 88.35% of US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SOTERA HEALTH CO is reporting a growth rate of -172.12%; that's higher than just 8.25% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CF, AHCO, KOP, GLDD, and HRI.
- To dig deeper into the stock's financial statements, go to SHC's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001822479.
SHC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, SHC's price/earnings ratio is 160.67% lower, now standing at -16.2.
- SHC's price/earnings ratio has moved up 317.7 over the prior 35 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHC.
SHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.42% of graded US stocks.
- SHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.306 -- ranking 66th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Sotera Health (SHC) Company Bio
Sotera Health Co. provides sterilization and lab testing and advisory services to the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. It provides sterilization as well as microbiological and analytical lab testing and advisory services to help ensure that medical, pharmaceutical and food products are safe for healthcare practitioners, patients and consumers. The company was founded in November 2017 and is headquartered in Broadview Heights, OH.
SHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHC Latest Social Stream
View Full SHC Social Stream
Latest SHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOTERA HEALTH CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHC as an investment opportunity.
Sotera Health Company (NASDAQ:SHC) Q2 2023 Earnings Call Transcript August 6, 2023 Operator: Good morning, and welcome to the Sotera Health Second Quarter 2023 Conference Call. All participants will be in listen-only mode. [Operator Instructions]. Please note, this event is being recorded. I would now like to turn the conference over to Vice President and […]
On the call with me today are Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Michael Petras and Chief Financial Officer Jon Lyons. Please note that during the discussion today, the company will present both GAAP and non-GAAP financial measures, including adjusted net income, adjusted EBITDA, adjusted EPS, net debt, adjusted EBITDA margin, segment income margin, and net leverage ratio, in addition to constant-currency comparisons.
Although the revenue and EPS for Sotera Health Company (SHC) give a sense of how its business performed in the quarter ended June 2023, it might be worth considering how some key metrics compare with Wall Street estimates and the year-ago numbers.
Sotera Health Company (SHC) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 16.67% and 2.21%, respectively, for the quarter ended June 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Q2 2023 net revenues of $255 million decreased 4%, compared to Q2 2022, primarily driven by expected Nordion Cobalt-60 harvest schedule timingQ2 2023 net income of $24 million or $0.08 per diluted share, compared to net income of $30 million or $0.11 per diluted share in Q2 2022Q2 2023 Adjusted EBITDA of $128 million decreased 6%, compared to Q2 2022, driven by expected Nordion Cobalt-60 harvest schedule timingQ2 2023 Adjusted EPS of $0.21 decreased $0.06 per diluted share, compared to Q2 2022 T
SHC Price Returns