Sotera Health (SHC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHC POWR Grades
- SHC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 88.66% of US stocks.
- SHC's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SHC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 13.3% of US stocks).
SHC Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.85, SOTERA HEALTH CO is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than just 5.47% of US stocks.
- SHC's went public 1.85 years ago, making it older than merely 7.22% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SOTERA HEALTH CO is higher than it is for about 86.21% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SOTERA HEALTH CO, a group of peers worth examining would be OUT, SP, TGNA, TROX, and KOP.
- To check out SOTERA HEALTH CO's SEC filings, go to the company's page on browse-edgar?action=getcompany&CIK=0001822479.
SHC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, SHC's EV/EBIT ratio is 87.5% higher, now standing at 15.
- Over the past 22 months, SHC's price/sales ratio has gone down 6.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHC.
SHC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHC has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 67.42% of graded US stocks.
- SHC's asset turnover comes in at 0.306 -- ranking 66th of 81 Healthcare stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SHC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$7.34||52-week high||$27.38|
|Prev. close||$7.41||52-week low||$7.08|
|Day high||$7.40||Avg. volume||1,090,975|
|50-day MA||$17.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$20.13||Market Cap||2.08B|
Sotera Health (SHC) Company Bio
Sotera Health Co. provides sterilization and lab testing and advisory services to the medical device and pharmaceutical industries. It provides sterilization as well as microbiological and analytical lab testing and advisory services to help ensure that medical, pharmaceutical and food products are safe for healthcare practitioners, patients and consumers. The company was founded in November 2017 and is headquartered in Broadview Heights, OH.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHC Latest Social Stream
View Full SHC Social Stream
Latest SHC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOTERA HEALTH CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHC as an investment opportunity.
The hits keep coming for Sotera Health (NASDAQ: SHC), the beleaguered company that just suffered a stinging legal defeat. This was due to yet another analyst lowering his recommendation on the shares. JPMorgan Chase prognosticator Tycho Peterson weighed in with a new take on Sotera stock before market hours.
In this article, we will take a look at the 10 biggest losers today. If you want to see some other stocks losing value on Wednesday, go directly to 5 Biggest Losers Today. Wall Street’s key indices opened marginally higher this morning. However, they turned red in mid-day trading Wednesday after the Federal Reserve lifted […]
For the second straight day, beleaguered Sotera Health (NASDAQ: SHC) took a wallop on the stock exchange Tuesday. Tuesday morning, Goldman Sachs analyst Amit Hazan lowered his Sotera recommendation to neutral from the previous buy. A clutch of plaintiffs have filed similar lawsuits against Sotera and its peers, alleging that one of those companies -- Sotera subsidiary Sterigenics -- produced highly carcinogenic emissions from its factory near Chicago.
Shares of Sotera Health (NASDAQ:SHC) cratered on Monday by almost 30% after a jury awarded $363 million in a lawsuit. A woman had sued the company's Sterigenics unit claiming that she had developed breast cancer as a result of its plant's emissions. However, it's possible that the final award might be smaller in the range of $150 million to $200 million, according to Barclays.
As a result, Sotera's stock price plummeted by more than 33% on the day. Kamuda claimed that ethylene oxide emissions from a Sterigenics factory in the state caused her breast cancer and the non-Hodgkin's lymphona suffered by her son.
SHC Price Returns