Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOP POWR Grades
- SHOP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 25.58% of US stocks.
- SHOP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SHOP ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
SHOP Stock Summary
- SHOP has a higher market value than 94.14% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $35,675,933,990.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SHOPIFY INC is higher than 99.05% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- The volatility of SHOPIFY INC's share price is greater than that of 98.82% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHOPIFY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SQ, ATVI, UTHR, NTES, and BHVN.
- Visit SHOP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shopify.com.
SHOP Valuation Summary
- SHOP's price/sales ratio is 8; this is 207.69% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- SHOP's price/sales ratio has moved down 10.2 over the prior 89 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOP.
SHOP Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 914.77%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 349.73%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -415.56%.
The table below shows SHOP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.26% of graded US stocks.
- SHOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.382 -- ranking 385th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ALRM, ISSC, and TYL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHOP.
The table below shows SHOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.00||52-week high||$176.29|
|Prev. close||$27.85||52-week low||$27.65|
|Day high||$28.00||Avg. volume||34,028,145|
|50-day MA||$34.54||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$58.90||Market Cap||35.25B|
Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP) Company Bio
Shopify Inc. allows Merchants to use its software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOP Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOP Social Stream
Latest SHOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHOPIFY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOP as an investment opportunity.
After years of rapid expansion, the jury is now out on Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) stock. The last I wrote about Shopify following the second-quarter report, I discussed what accounted for the company's massive $2.68 billion net loss (using GAAP, or generally accepted accounting principles) through the first half of 2022. GAAP net income or net loss doesn't really tell the true profitability of Shopify's actual operations.
Growth stocks have seen better days. Rising inflation and the Federal Reserve's response have caused investors to shun these investments. However, that could be an opportunity for long-term investors to scoop up excellent stocks like Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) at lower prices.
Shopify Inc. stock is trending on the Yahoo Finance Platform. Here is a visualization of $SHOP performance over time, how that performance compares to the wider industry, and analyst projections for the current quarter.Check out the ticker page here.
The market sell-off in 2022 has been brutal, but the longer you invest, the more you recognize that market corrections are opportunities. If you have more than 10 years until retirement, buying shares of strong companies while their stock prices are down has historically been a smart way to build wealth. If you invest just $500 a month at the historical average annual return of the stock market of 10%, you would have $1.1 million after 30 years.
Here's the stock-split stock that dividend investors should love the most. Brookfield Infrastructure (NYSE: BIP) (NYSE: BIPC) conducted a 3-for-2 stock split in June. The company doesn't enjoy the level of attention garnered by Alphabet, Amazon, Shopify, and Tesla.
SHOP Price Returns