Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOP POWR Grades
- SHOP scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 25.98% of US stocks.
- SHOP's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- SHOP's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.78% of US stocks).
SHOP Stock Summary
- SHOP has a higher market value than 94.87% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $42,747,977,542.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SHOPIFY INC is higher than 99.02% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SHOP is more volatile than 98.64% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHOPIFY INC, a group of peers worth examining would be ATVI, SQ, NTES, ANSS, and UTHR.
- Visit SHOP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shopify.com.
SHOP Valuation Summary
- SHOP's price/sales ratio is 8; this is 207.69% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- SHOP's price/sales ratio has moved down 10.2 over the prior 89 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOP.
SHOP Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 914.77%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 349.73%.
- Its 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -415.56%.
The table below shows SHOP's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SHOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.26% of graded US stocks.
- SHOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.382 -- ranking 385th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ALRM, ISSC, and TYL are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHOP.
The table below shows SHOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$28.76||52-week high||$176.29|
|Prev. close||$28.57||52-week low||$27.65|
|Day high||$28.91||Avg. volume||34,319,711|
|50-day MA||$34.82||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$60.71||Market Cap||36.21B|
Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP) Company Bio
Shopify Inc. allows Merchants to use its software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOP Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOP Social Stream
Latest SHOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SHOPIFY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOP as an investment opportunity.
An analyst's price target cut affects sentiment on the high-profile e-commerce services provider.
Shopify (SHOP) closed at $30.55 in the latest trading session, marking a -1.29% move from the prior day.
It's clear today that Shopify's (NYSE: SHOP) business is going through more than just a modest growth hangover period following pandemic-related demand surges in 2020 and 2021. The e-commerce platform is shaking up its management team, projecting bigger losses ahead, and posting weaker engagement metrics. Shopify is a much stronger business than it was just a few years ago.
A startup backed by Chamath Palihapitiya begins a service to help Rocket and others sell projects directly to homeowners.
A Wall Street analyst cited growing competition from another e-commerce powerhouse, but his view is short-sighted.
SHOP Price Returns