Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOP POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where SHOP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHOP is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- SHOP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 6.33% of US stocks).
SHOP Stock Summary
- Shopify Inc's market capitalization of $191,554,056,538 is ahead of 98.86% of US-listed equities.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Shopify Inc is higher than 98.86% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Over the past twelve months, SHOP has reported earnings growth of 2,190.91%, putting it ahead of 99.07% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHOP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CRM, ACN, AVGO, TXN, and INTC.
- Visit SHOP's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shopify.com.
SHOP Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SHOP's price/sales ratio is 921.15% higher, now standing at 53.1.
- SHOP's price/sales ratio has moved up 34.9 over the prior 75 months.
- SHOP's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 191.7 over the prior 75 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOP.
SHOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,522.56||52-week high||$1,650.00|
|Prev. close||$1,538.67||52-week low||$839.40|
|Day high||$1,559.75||Avg. volume||1,407,759|
|50-day MA||$1,418.37||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,207.93||Market Cap||189.30B|
Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP) Company Bio
Shopify Inc. allows Merchants to use its software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
SHOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOP Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOP Social Stream
Latest SHOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shopify Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOP as an investment opportunity.
The COVID-19 pandemic accelerated a shift toward ecommerce for consumers and merchants alike. Regarding big cap tech stocks, few benefitted as much as Shopify Inc. (SHOP), which saw massive gross merchandise volume (GMV) year-over-year growth from the end of 2019 to 2020, amounting to 119%. While the surge toward online buying and selling of goods has pulled back just a smidge as economies begin to reopen, many analysts believe the general trend is here to stay.
But shares promptly regained that lost ground on Monday after Square announced the purchase of Affirm peer Afterpay.
Former short seller Andrew Left and his Citron Research see shares of cloud-computing firm DigitalOcean soaring on a "mega trend."
Shares of DigitalOcean Holdings (NYSE: DOCN), a cloud computing platform company, spiked today after the company received a bullish report from Citron Research. Citron's report makes some comparisons between DigitalOcean and Shopify and Square, saying the cloud computing company has similar opportunities with small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) that the other two companies have had. "We've seen this movie before and just like how Shopify and Square saw that SMBs were not far behind large enterprises in adopting e-commerce and digital payments, DigitalOcean is in the leading position to capitalize on this mega trend," the Citron report said.
Market participants seem to be comfortable that the economy will be able to find ways to overcome any challenges from rising COVID-19 case counts. The S&P 500 (SNPINDEX: ^GSPC) gained 18 points to 4,414, and the Nasdaq Composite (NASDAQINDEX: ^IXIC) picked up 93 points to 14,765. Below, we'll look at why Wall Street seems to think this competitor could be the next acquisition target.
SHOP Price Returns