Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SHOP POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where SHOP ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SHOP is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- SHOP's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 7.74% of US stocks).
SHOP Stock Summary
- SHOP has a market capitalization of $186,411,490,222 -- more than approximately 98.82% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SHOP is currently 340.9, higher than 98.81% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Shopify Inc is reporting a growth rate of 2,190.91%; that's higher than 98.77% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SHOP, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are INTU, TXN, CSCO, ISRG, and SQ.
- SHOP's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shopify Inc's official web site, go to www.shopify.com.
SHOP Valuation Summary
- SHOP's EV/EBIT ratio is 73.3; this is 127.29% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 76 months, SHOP's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 157.1.
- Over the past 76 months, SHOP's price/earnings ratio has gone up 163.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SHOP.
SHOP's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SHOP has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.9% of graded US stocks.
- SHOP's asset turnover comes in at 0.406 -- ranking 368th of 560 Business Services stocks.
- ISSC, TYL, and ALRM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SHOP.
The table below shows SHOP's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SHOP Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SHOP Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1,428.78||52-week high||$1,650.00|
|Prev. close||$1,425.85||52-week low||$875.00|
|Day high||$1,439.00||Avg. volume||1,239,492|
|50-day MA||$1,453.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1,327.07||Market Cap||178.26B|
Shopify Inc. Cl A (SHOP) Company Bio
Shopify Inc. allows Merchants to use its software to design, set up and manage their stores across multiple sales channels, including web, mobile, social media, brick-and-mortar locations, and pop-up shops. The company was founded in 2004 and is based in Ottawa, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SHOP Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SHOP Latest Social Stream
View Full SHOP Social Stream
Latest SHOP News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shopify Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SHOP as an investment opportunity.
Shares of online retail stocks were taking a beating in Friday trading, with Shopify (NYSE: SHOP) stock falling by 5.2% through 2:37 p.m. EDT, MercadoLibre (NASDAQ: MELI) down by 4.5%, and e-commerce leader Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) off by 2.3%. As it reported Friday morning, analyst Stephen Ju at Swiss mega-bank Credit Suisse cut his price target on Amazon shares by more than 10% to $4,200, based on his estimate that Amazon will earn only $70.98 per share this year and $79.83 per share next year. Credit Suisse's new earnings projections reflect a reduction of 12% this year, and a staggering 33% reduction in expectations for 2022.
With its results due out before the markets open on Thursday, October 28, now might not be a bad time to consider buying a resurgent Shopify stock...
Shopify Inc. ( NYSE:SHOP ) saw a double-digit share price rise of over 10% in the past couple of months on the NYSE. As...
Pinterest's (NYSE: PINS) stock soared nearly 13% on Oct. 20 after a Bloomberg report declared that PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) was interested in buying the social media company for about $70 per share. The report, which cited anonymous sources, claimed the deal would value Pinterest at approximately $45 billion and represent PayPal's largest acquisition ever. A subsequent Reuters report claimed PayPal would fund most of the deal with its own stock instead of cash or debt.
Digital payments are here to stay, as a result of growing internet penetration, a higher adoption rate of smartphones, rising e-commerce sales, and increasing government initiatives to digitize payments. However, the presence of independent digital payments companies like PayPal at checkout on online marketplaces is also being threatened by e-commerce companies who are looking at developing their own payments platforms, either organically or through acquisitions. Using the TipRanks stock comparison tool, we will compare the two companies, PayPal, and Shopify, and examine how Wall Street analysts feel about these stocks.
SHOP Price Returns