SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP (SI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SI POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SI is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- SI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 1.51% of US stocks).
SI Stock Summary
- Silvergate Capital Corp's stock had its IPO on November 7, 2019, making it an older stock than merely 2.99% of US equities in our set.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.07 for Silvergate Capital Corp; that's greater than it is for 95.59% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -95.83%, Silvergate Capital Corp's debt growth rate surpasses just 1.98% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Silvergate Capital Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be ALRS, CBNK, SFBC, CPF, and CFBK.
- SI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Silvergate Capital Corp's official web site, go to www.silvergatebank.com.
SI Valuation Summary
- SI's EV/EBIT ratio is -35.5; this is 512.79% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 22 months, SI's price/sales ratio has gone up 18.7.
- SI's price/sales ratio has moved up 18.7 over the prior 22 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SI.
SI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SI has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.99% of graded US stocks.
- SI's asset turnover comes in at 0.017 -- ranking 431st of 437 Banking stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.57||52-week high||$187.86|
|Prev. close||$103.73||52-week low||$13.88|
|Day high||$111.47||Avg. volume||1,143,871|
|50-day MA||$108.06||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$108.69||Market Cap||2.93B|
SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP (SI) Company Bio
Silvergate Capital Corp. is a holding company, which engages in the provision of banking and loan services. It focuses on the financial infrastructure solutions and services for participants in the nascent and digital currency industry. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in La Jolla, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SI Latest Social Stream
View Full SI Social Stream
Latest SI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Silvergate Capital Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SI as an investment opportunity.
Several stocks are taking a beating on Monday as news of the China Evergrande Group debt fiasco continues to unfold today.
Back in 2013, Silvergate Capital (NYSE: SI) became interested in the rise of cryptocurrencies and sought to acquire the major trading exchanges as banking clients. The bank created the Silvergate Exchange Network to allow the crypto exchanges and their institutional clients to move dollars 24/7. It has 93 crypto exchanges as banking clients, along with 771 institutional investors.
Dennis Frank, Insider Director at Silvergate Capital (NYSE:SI), made a large insider sell on September 9, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Thursday showed that Frank sold 25,000 shares of Silvergate Capital at a price of $115.32 per share. The total transaction amounted to $2,899,173. Following the transaction, Frank still owns 100,000 shares of Silvergate Capital worth $10,919,000. Silvergate Capital shares are tra
These seven blockchain stocks could appeal to long-term investors who can tolerate some short-term swings in return for potential lucrative gains
LA JOLLA, Calif., September 07, 2021--Silvergate Capital Corporation ("Silvergate" or the "Company") (NYSE: SI), the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions to the digital currency industry, today announced that Chief Executive Officer Alan Lane, Chief Financial Officer Tony Martino, and Chief Strategy Officer Ben Reynolds will participate in a fireside chat at Barclays Global Financial Services Conference at 3:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, September 14, 2021.
SI Price Returns