SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP (SI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SI POWR Grades
- SI scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 92.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SI is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- SI ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
SI Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 10.7 for SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP; that's greater than it is for 92.43% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 5,051.23%, SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP's debt growth rate surpasses 99.44% of about US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SI's revenue has grown 97.6% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 90.56% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GMBL, HNNA, AGFY, MIGI, and UPST.
- SI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP's official web site, go to www.silvergatebank.com.
SI Valuation Summary
- SI's EV/EBIT ratio is 11.5; this is 15% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 25.3 over the prior 35 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SI.
SI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SI has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.46% of graded US stocks.
- SI's asset turnover comes in at 0.017 -- ranking 422nd of 428 Banking stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$73.98||52-week high||$239.26|
|Prev. close||$75.67||52-week low||$50.65|
|Day high||$74.07||Avg. volume||1,003,981|
|50-day MA||$90.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$105.23||Market Cap||2.34B|
SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP (SI) Company Bio
Silvergate Capital Corp. is a holding company, which engages in the provision of banking and loan services. It focuses on the financial infrastructure solutions and services for participants in the nascent and digital currency industry. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in La Jolla, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SI Latest Social Stream
View Full SI Social Stream
Latest SI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SI as an investment opportunity.
LA JOLLA, Calif., September 19, 2022--Silvergate Capital Corporation (the "Company" or "Silvergate") (NYSE:SI), the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions to the digital currency industry, today announced the appointment of Mary-Margaret Henke to the board of directors of both the Company and its subsidiary bank, Silvergate Bank.
Now investors look to the Federal Reserve, which has been aggressively fighting inflation with its primary tool: interest rate increases. When the Fed raised rates by 75 basis points in June, it was its largest rate hike in 28 years. The Fed raised rates another 75 basis points in July, and investors expect a similar increase during its meeting next week.
Wealth-building investments don't have to start at the bottom of a bear market. These two stocks are almost always fabulous buys.
Headline inflation was 0.1% month over month in August, but core inflation (which excludes energy) was up 0.6%. Three of the big movers in crypto today are Coinbase Global (NASDAQ: COIN), which fell as much as 9.3% and is down 6.6% as of 2:30 p.m. ET; Silvergate Capital (NYSE: SI), which fell 7.4% and is now down 6.4%; and cryptocurrency Solana (CRYPTO: SOL), which is down 7.2% today. Higher inflation likely means the Federal Reserve will increase interest rates for longer than investors were hoping.
The technology transformation taking place within financial services makes these three names great fintech stocks to buy.
SI Price Returns