SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP (SI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 89.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SI is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SI's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 0.95% of US stocks).
SI Stock Summary
- Silvergate Capital Corp's stock had its IPO on November 7, 2019, making it an older stock than merely 6.38% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/sales ratio of 29.09, Silvergate Capital Corp has a higher such ratio than 94.51% of stocks in our set.
- SI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 94.19% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Silvergate Capital Corp, a group of peers worth examining would be CATY, SYBT, DCOM, SSB, and AUB.
- Visit SI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.silvergatebank.com.
SI Valuation Summary
- SI's EV/EBIT ratio is -35.5; this is 512.79% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 22 months, SI's price/sales ratio has gone up 18.7.
- SI's price/sales ratio has moved up 18.7 over the prior 22 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SI.
SI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SI has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 15.46% of graded US stocks.
- SI's asset turnover comes in at 0.017 -- ranking 422nd of 428 Banking stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$74.72||52-week high||$239.26|
|Prev. close||$71.27||52-week low||$56.15|
|Day high||$76.25||Avg. volume||1,054,024|
|50-day MA||$116.85||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$133.28||Market Cap||2.36B|
SILVERGATE CAPITAL CORP (SI) Company Bio
Silvergate Capital Corp. is a holding company, which engages in the provision of banking and loan services. It focuses on the financial infrastructure solutions and services for participants in the nascent and digital currency industry. The company was founded in 1988 and is headquartered in La Jolla, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SI Latest Social Stream
View Full SI Social Stream
Latest SI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Silvergate Capital Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SI as an investment opportunity.
LA JOLLA, Calif., February 24, 2022--Silvergate Capital Corporation ("Silvergate" or the "Company") (NYSE: SI), the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions to the digital currency industry, today announced that Chief Executive Officer Alan Lane and Chief Strategy Officer Ben Reynolds will participate in a fireside chat at the KBW Fintech Payments Conference at 10:15 a.m. ET on Thursday, March 3, 2022.
Silvergate Capital (NYSE: SI), a top bank providing crucial behind-the-scenes services to cryptocurrency investors, recently acquired the crypto project Diem from Meta Systems (NASDAQ: FB), formerly Facebook. Facebook's attempted foray into crypto was announced back in 2019 under the moniker Libra, but that met with stiff opposition from government regulators around the world. Silvergate has now acquired the assets, paying Meta $50 million in cash and issuing just over 1.22 million shares to the social-media company, for a total price tag of $182 million as of the deal's announcement on Jan. 31.
Ashley Cassell brings important tech insights without any sugarcoating.
Cryptocurrencies seemed to be enjoying a nice bump like the rest of the stock market, as tensions between Russia and Ukraine ease, at least for the time being. Shares of the large cryptocurrency exchange Coinbase Global (NASDAQ: COIN) traded 5.6% higher as of 11:28 a.m. ET today, shares of the crypto bank Silvergate Capital (NYSE: SI) traded nearly 7% higher, and shares of the Bitcoin-mining company CleanSpark (NASDAQ: CLSK) traded nearly 14% higher. Like tech stocks, cryptocurrencies seem to be taking some relief from the news.
LA JOLLA, Calif., February 15, 2022--Silvergate Capital Corporation ("Silvergate" or the "Company") (NYSE: SI), the leading provider of innovative financial infrastructure solutions to the digital currency industry, today announced Euro SEN – an expansion of the Silvergate Exchange Network ("SEN") – to enable customers to transfer euros in near real-time, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
SI Price Returns