Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SIG POWR Grades
- SIG scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 89.92% of US stocks.
- SIG's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- SIG's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 4.65% of US stocks).
SIG Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SIG is 5.81 -- better than 93.15% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.34, SIGNET JEWELERS LTD has a higher such ratio than only 9.66% of stocks in our set.
- SIGNET JEWELERS LTD's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 23.85%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.01% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SIGNET JEWELERS LTD, a group of peers worth examining would be GLRE, GES, SPLP, DCGO, and LAZY.
- Visit SIG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.signetjewelers.com.
SIG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SIG's price/earnings ratio is 45.05% lower, now standing at 6.1.
- Over the past 243 months, SIG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SIG.
SIG Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -38.13%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 79.29%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 548.47%.
The table below shows SIG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SIG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SIG has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.74% of graded US stocks.
- SIG's asset turnover comes in at 1.105 -- ranking 129th of 165 Retail stocks.
- SPH, TCS, and HBI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SIG.
The table below shows SIG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SIG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SIG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$53.62||52-week high||$111.92|
|Prev. close||$53.44||52-week low||$48.31|
|Day high||$53.78||Avg. volume||1,157,609|
|50-day MA||$61.78||Dividend yield||1.49%|
|200-day MA||$70.04||Market Cap||2.48B|
Signet Jewelers Limited (SIG) Company Bio
Signet Jewelers is the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry. Signet operates approximately 3,600 stores primarily under the name brands of Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared The Galleria Of Jewelry, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples and Piercing Pagoda. The company was founded in 1950 and is based in Hamilton, Bermuda.
Most Popular Stories View All
SIG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SIG Latest Social Stream
View Full SIG Social Stream
Latest SIG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SIGNET JEWELERS LTD that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SIG as an investment opportunity.
There comes a point when investors need to recognize the realities of the equities sector, which is the central theme undergirding the stocks to sell in a bear market below. It’s not about hating on particular companies. Indeed, many of these players offer intriguing business models. Unfortunately, though, the ground underneath us has changed, necessitating a shift in strategies. Most notably, the impact of inflation has rippled throughout the entire economy. As the purchasing power of the U.S.
Great Place to Work® and Fortune magazine have honored Signet Jewelers, the world's largest retailer of diamond jewelry, as one of the 2022 Best Workplaces in Retail™. This is Signet's first time being named to this prestigious list.
David Iben put it well when he said, 'Volatility is not a risk we care about. What we care about is avoiding the...
Signet (SIG) delivers better-than-estimated second-quarter fiscal 2023 results. However, sales fall from the year-ago fiscal quarter's level due to weak same-store sales.
Shares of Signet Jewelers (NYSE: SIG) fell 12% on Thursday after the diamond retailer warned investors that inflation was driving some consumers to pare back their spending on jewelry. The owner of brands like Zales, Jared, and Kay Jewelers saw its sales decrease by 1.9% year over year to $1.8 billion in its fiscal 2023 second quarter, which ended on July 30. Signet's same-store sales sank 8.2%.
SIG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|