Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (SIGI): Price and Financial Metrics
SIGI Stock Summary
- SIGI's went public 30.96 years ago, making it older than 84.15% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Selective Insurance Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.76% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Selective Insurance Group Inc's share price is greater than that of just 24.48% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SIGI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are PSN, ARGO, MSM, GLRE, and GTS.
- SIGI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Selective Insurance Group Inc's official web site, go to www.selective.com.
SIGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SIGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.64||52-week high||$70.74|
|Prev. close||$70.13||52-week low||$37.05|
|Day high||$70.48||Avg. volume||238,365|
|50-day MA||$67.34||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$58.69||Market Cap||4.11B|
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (SIGI) Company Bio
Selective Insurance Group provides insurance products and services in the United States. It operates in four segments: Standard Commercial Lines, Standard Personal Lines, excess and surplus (E&S) Lines, and Investments. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Branchville, New Jersey.
SIGI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SIGI, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Selective Insurance Group Inc ranked in the 67th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SIGI, they are:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 88. Its equity weight surpasses that of 73.72% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- Selective Insurance Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 10.82. This coverage rate is greater than that of 75.99% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SIGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SIGI Latest Social Stream
View Full SIGI Social Stream
Latest SIGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Selective Insurance Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SIGI as an investment opportunity.
Maintaining quality customer data is essential for businesses to deliver targeted products to the right customers or develop marketing strategies aimed at the specific consumer segments they seek to reach. Companies that do not have access to quality data risk losing not only customers frustrated by receiving the wrong or duplicate materials but also significant […]
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:SIGI) Passed Our Checks, And It's About To Pay A US$0.25 Dividend
Some investors rely on dividends for growing their wealth, and if you're one of those dividend sleuths, you might be...
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIGI) announced today that John J. Marchioni, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Mark Wilcox, Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, will speak at the Bank of America Securities 2021 Insurance Conference on Thursday, February 11, 2021 at 9:00 a.m. (ET). Selective's discussion will be broadcast live on the Internet. Investors are invited to listen by visiting the Investors page of www.selective.com. A replay of the broadcast will be available on the website until May 11, 2021. For more information about Selective or the upcoming conference, please visit www.selective.com.
Selective's College Competition kicks off this week across eight colleges throughout the country and will run through February. The annual contest provides the opportunity for teams of students to gain valuable insurance career-building experience and networking opportunities with the guidance and mentorship of industry experts from Selective and independent insurance agencies.
Selective Insurance (SIGI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 67.27% and 4.24%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2020. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SIGI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SIGIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Selective Insurance Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Selective Insurance Group Inc (SIGI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Selective Insurance Group Inc (SIGI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Selective Insurance Group Inc (SIGI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!