Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (SIGI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SIGI POWR Grades
- SIGI scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 91.23% of US stocks.
- SIGI's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SIGI ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
SIGI Stock Summary
- SIGI's went public 31.23 years ago, making it older than 84.33% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Selective Insurance Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.02% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -35.38%, Selective Insurance Group Inc's debt growth rate surpasses only 13.79% of about US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SIGI, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CRI, UFPI, AIT, FLO, and BIG.
- Visit SIGI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.selective.com.
SIGI Valuation Summary
SIGI's price/sales ratio is 1.5; this is 58.33% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SIGI.
SIGI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SIGI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.11||52-week high||$78.99|
|Prev. close||$75.53||52-week low||$48.04|
|Day high||$77.12||Avg. volume||228,604|
|50-day MA||$76.00||Dividend yield||1.3%|
|200-day MA||$66.24||Market Cap||4.63B|
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (SIGI) Company Bio
Selective Insurance Group provides insurance products and services in the United States. It operates in four segments: Standard Commercial Lines, Standard Personal Lines, excess and surplus (E&S) Lines, and Investments. The company was founded in 1925 and is based in Branchville, New Jersey.
SIGI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Selective Insurance Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Selective Insurance Group Inc ranked in the 66th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 68.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SIGI, they are:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 89% of its capital from equity, and 11% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of 74.08% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Financial Services sector.
- SIGI's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 34.94% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Selective Insurance Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 14.81. This coverage rate is greater than that of 77.51% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SIGI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SIGI Latest Social Stream
View Full SIGI Social Stream
Latest SIGI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Selective Insurance Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SIGI as an investment opportunity.
SIGI vs. WRB: Which Stock Is the Better Value Option?
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Does Selective Insurance (SIGI) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
Selective Insurance (SIGI) had declared $0.25/share quarterly dividend, in line with previous.Payable June 1; for shareholders of record May 14; ex-div May 13.See SIGI Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. Schedules Earnings Release and Conference Call to Announce 1st Quarter 2021 Results
Selective Insurance Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: SIGI) announced it will release its first quarter 2021 financial results after market close on Wednesday, April 28, 2021. The company will hold a conference call on Thursday, April 29, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. (ET) to discuss the results.
SIGI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SIGIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Selective Insurance Group Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Selective Insurance Group Inc (SIGI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Selective Insurance Group Inc (SIGI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Selective Insurance Group Inc (SIGI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch