SVB Financial Group (SIVB): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SIVB POWR Grades
- SIVB scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 79.4% of US stocks.
- SIVB's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SIVB's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 3.81% of US stocks).
SIVB Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 13.5 for SVB FINANCIAL GROUP; that's greater than it is for 95.8% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 619.28%, SVB FINANCIAL GROUP's debt growth rate surpasses 96.94% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SIVB comes in at -75.74% -- higher than that of merely 6.75% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SVB FINANCIAL GROUP are FITB, KEY, EWBC, WBS, and TCBI.
- Visit SIVB's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.svb.com.
SIVB Valuation Summary
- SIVB's EV/EBIT ratio is 8.8; this is 20.72% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- SIVB's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SIVB.
SIVB Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at -3.77%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 107.15%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 7.47%.
The table below shows SIVB's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SIVB's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SIVB has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.41% of graded US stocks.
- SIVB's asset turnover comes in at 0.04 -- ranking 173rd of 428 Banking stocks.
- LC, BPOP, and PEBK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SIVB.
The table below shows SIVB's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SIVB Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SIVB Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$323.21||52-week high||$658.47|
|Prev. close||$333.50||52-week low||$198.10|
|Day high||$335.08||Avg. volume||1,092,852|
|50-day MA||$244.87||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$353.47||Market Cap||19.10B|
SVB Financial Group (SIVB) Company Bio
Silicon Valley Bank, a subsidiary of SVB Financial Group, is a U.S.-based high-tech commercial bank. The bank has helped fund more than 30,000 start-ups. SVB is on the list of largest banks in the United States, and is the biggest bank in Silicon Valley based on local deposits. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SIVB Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SIVB Latest Social Stream
View Full SIVB Social Stream
Latest SIVB News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SVB FINANCIAL GROUP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SIVB as an investment opportunity.
It's been a treacherous year for the innovation economy as many start-ups saw their valuations take a shellacking. SVB Financial (NASDAQ: SIVB), the parent company to Silicon Valley Bank, saw its shares take a hit in a big way in 2022 as falling tech stock valuations and tepid venture capital markets weigh on the business. SVB Financial's stock is down about 56% from its November 2021 peak and trades near its lowest valuation in a decade.
Things were looking up for banker to the Silicon Valley tech stars SVB Financial Group (NASDAQ: SIVB) this week. Across that stretch, the veteran financier's stock rose by just under 7%, data compiled by S&P Global Market Intelligence reveal. Friday morning before market open, Raymond James' David Long made a heavy lift to his SVB price target.
The tech and startup industry's banker says valuations, deal making and venture fundraising will all fall farther in 2023.
SVB, the financial partner of the innovation economy, today announced that it has been named a member of the Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI) for a fifth year running. The Bloomberg GEI is a modified market capitalization-weighted index developed to gauge the performance of public companies dedicated to transparency in gender-data reporting. This reference index measures gender equality across five pillars: female leadership & talent pipeline, equal pay & gender pay parity, inclusive cultur
SVB Financial Group's (NASDAQ:SIVB) earnings trajectory could turn positive as the stock increases 3.8% this past week
SVB Financial Group ( NASDAQ:SIVB ) shareholders will doubtless be very grateful to see the share price up 31% in the...
SIVB Price Returns