South Jersey Industries, Inc. (SJI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SJI POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SJI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 88.94% of US stocks.
- SJI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SJI ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
SJI Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SOUTH JERSEY INDUSTRIES INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 0.48% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SOUTH JERSEY INDUSTRIES INC is higher than it is for about 97.38% of US stocks.
- The volatility of SOUTH JERSEY INDUSTRIES INC's share price is greater than that of just 0.07% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SOUTH JERSEY INDUSTRIES INC are WTRG, BKH, GSL, ARTNA, and MTN.
- Visit SJI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sjindustries.com.
SJI Valuation Summary
- SJI's price/earnings ratio is 28.3; this is 29.82% higher than that of the median Utilities stock.
- SJI's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SJI.
SJI Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -51.96%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 35.08%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at -28.32%.
The table below shows SJI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SJI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SJI has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 3.97% of graded US stocks.
- SJI's asset turnover comes in at 0.261 -- ranking 34th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- NWE, RGCO, and WEC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SJI.
The table below shows SJI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SJI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SJI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$36.11||52-week high||$36.13|
|Prev. close||$36.11||52-week low||$23.14|
|Day high||$36.13||Avg. volume||5,146,083|
|50-day MA||$35.29||Dividend yield||3.43%|
|200-day MA||$34.42||Market Cap||4.42B|
South Jersey Industries, Inc. (SJI) Company Bio
South Jersey Industries provides energy related products and services for customers in Southern New Jersey. It engages in the purchase, transmission, and sale of natural gas. The company also sells natural gas and pipeline transportation capacity on a wholesale basis to residential, commercial, and industrial customers on the interstate pipeline system, as well as transports natural gas purchased directly from producers or suppliers to their customers. The company was founded in 1910 and is based in Folsom, New Jersey.
Most Popular Stories View All
SJI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SJI Latest Social Stream
View Full SJI Social Stream
Latest SJI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTH JERSEY INDUSTRIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SJI as an investment opportunity.
South Jersey Industries (SJI) ticked up 0.5% on report that parties are said to be close to agreeing to a settlement with the New Jersey utilities regulator that needs to approve…
South Jersey Industries (SJI) rose 1% as investors continue to wait for state regulatory approval for the company''s sale to Infrastructure Investments Fund.There is said to have been…
FOLSOM, NJ, Dec. 14, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Media Contact: Dominick DiRocco (732) 239-4462 [email protected] Investor Contact: Dan Fidell(609) 561-9000 ext. [email protected] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE NJ Publication Names SJI REV’s President and COO Executive of the Year FOLSOM, NJ, December 14, 2022 – SJI (NYSE:SJI) is proud to announce that NJBIZ, one of New Jersey’s leading business journals, has recognized Donna Schempp, president and chief operating officer, SJI Renewable E
South Jersey Industries (SJI) ticked down 0.4% as a schedule with a New Jersey utilities regulator was pushed out a month to give additional time for settlement talks over the…
FOLSOM, NJ, Nov. 23, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Media Contact: Dominick DiRocco (732)-239-4462 [email protected] Investor Contact: Dan Fidell(609) 561-9000 ext. [email protected] FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE SJI Announces Regular Quarterly Dividend FOLSOM, NJ, November 23, 2022 – SJI (NYSE: SJI) announced today that its board of directors approved the distribution of the company’s regular quarterly dividend at $0.3100 per share for the fourth quarter of 2022. The dividend is payable De
SJI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SJIHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on South Jersey Industries Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
South Jersey Industries Inc (SJI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
South Jersey Industries Inc (SJI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
South Jersey Industries Inc (SJI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch