Shaw Communications Inc. (SJR): Price and Financial Metrics
SJR Stock Summary
- Shaw Communications Inc's market capitalization of $10,350,739,555 is ahead of 84.57% of US-listed equities.
- Of note is the ratio of Shaw Communications Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 0.35% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SJR is more volatile than only 0.9% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Shaw Communications Inc are CNA, CLR, ATH, CEA, and PNW.
- SJR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Shaw Communications Inc's official web site, go to www.shaw.ca.
SJR Stock Price Chart More Charts
SJR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.49||52-week high||$21.08|
|Prev. close||$19.50||52-week low||$18.69|
|Day high||$19.56||Avg. volume||494,445|
|50-day MA||$20.03||Dividend yield||4.62%|
|200-day MA||$20.01||Market Cap||9.63B|
Shaw Communications Inc. (SJR) Company Bio
Shaw Communications provides broadband cable television, Internet, digital phone, telecommunication, direct-to-home satellite, satellite distribution, and programming content services to residential and business customers in Canada and the United States. The company was founded in 1966 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
SJR Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SJR, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Shaw Communications Inc ranked in the 24st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 73%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SJR, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 4.99 years comes in at -0.08%; that's greater than only 18.54% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Shaw Communications Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 14.65% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than merely 15.74% of stocks in its sector (Communication Services).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|