SJW Group (DE) (SJW): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SJW POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SJW ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.04% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SJW is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 178 days.
- SJW's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 34.15% of US stocks).
SJW Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 777.01, SJW GROUP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.64% of US stocks.
- SJW GROUP's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.44% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for SJW GROUP is higher than it is for about 90.75% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SJW GROUP, a group of peers worth examining would be YORW, AROC, JOE, POR, and GATX.
- Visit SJW's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sjwgroup.com.
SJW Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Utilities stock, SJW's price/earnings ratio is 81.86% higher, now standing at 39.1.
- SJW's price/sales ratio has moved up 2.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SJW.
SJW Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -95.69%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -62.25%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 34.99%.
The table below shows SJW's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SJW's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SJW has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 16.03% of graded US stocks.
- SJW's asset turnover comes in at 0.168 -- ranking 79th of 105 Utilities stocks.
- MSEX, AVA, and AQN are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SJW.
The table below shows SJW's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SJW Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SJW Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.58||52-week high||$80.11|
|Prev. close||$74.39||52-week low||$55.74|
|Day high||$80.11||Avg. volume||123,944|
|50-day MA||$67.23||Dividend yield||1.94%|
|200-day MA||$64.81||Market Cap||2.41B|
SJW Group (DE) (SJW) Company Bio
SJW Corporation engages in the production, purchase, storage, purification, distribution, wholesale, and retail sale of water. The company was founded in 1866 and is based in San Jose, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SJW Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SJW Latest Social Stream
View Full SJW Social Stream
Latest SJW News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SJW GROUP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SJW as an investment opportunity.
California Water Service's (CWT) subsidiary, Washington Water Service, acquired Driftwood Valley Association's water assets, further expanding its operations.
Good things could be on the horizon when a stock experiences a golden cross event. How should investors react?
Craig J. Patla Named to Serve as President of Connecticut Water Service and Connecticut Water Company Following Retirement of Maureen P. Westbrook
CLINTON, Conn., November 11, 2022--Connecticut Water Service, Inc. (CTWS), a wholly owned subsidiary of SJW Group (NYSE: SJW), announced today that Maureen P. Westbrook, president of CTWS and the Connecticut Water Company (CWC), plans to retire on Dec. 31, 2022, and Craig J. Patla, vice president of service delivery, is expected to succeed her as president of CTWS and CWC, effective on Jan. 1, 2023.
SAN JOSE, Calif., November 03, 2022--SJW Group (NYSE: SJW) announced today that Marisa Joss has joined the company as Deputy General Counsel and Assistant Corporate Secretary. In this role and as a member of the Senior Leadership Team, Marisa will be responsible for providing advice and support to both SJW and its subsidiaries, along with their boards of directors in the areas of legal and risk management, corporate governance, and securities laws.
SJW (SJW) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 23.88% and 2.24%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
SJW Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|