Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN): Price and Financial Metrics
SLGN Stock Summary
- Silgan Holdings Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 89.29% of US listed stocks.
- For SLGN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 88.97% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of Silgan Holdings Inc's share price is greater than that of just 6.47% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Silgan Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be HRI, CMP, BG, CINR, and TPC.
- SLGN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Silgan Holdings Inc's official web site, go to www.silganholdings.com.
SLGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.63||52-week high||$43.71|
|Prev. close||$42.25||52-week low||$30.68|
|Day high||$42.65||Avg. volume||412,383|
|50-day MA||$40.60||Dividend yield||1.33%|
|200-day MA||$37.44||Market Cap||4.69B|
Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN) Company Bio
Silgan Holdings is a leading supplier of metal containers in North America and Europe and a leading worldwide supplier of metal, composite and plastic closures for food and beverage products. In addition, Silgan is a leading supplier of plastic containers for shelf-stable food and personal care products in North America. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
SLGN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Silgan Holdings Inc. To summarize, we found that Silgan Holdings Inc ranked in the 61th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SLGN, they are:
- 59% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 23.68% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Silgan Holdings Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 3.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Silgan Holdings Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 69.22% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SLGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLGN Latest Social Stream
View Full SLGN Social Stream
Latest SLGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Silgan Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLGN as an investment opportunity.
Silgan Holdings (SLGN) is gaining on higher demand for food, beverage and consumer health and personal care products amid the coronavirus pandemic. Acquisitions will also drive growth.
KeyBanc Stick to Their Buy Rating for Silgan Holdings
Silgan to Release First Quarter 2021 Earnings Results on April 28, 2021
Worldwide Cosmetic Packaging Industry to 2026 - North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Share - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Cosmetic Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The cosmetic packaging market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period (2021-2026). Companies Mentioned Albea SA HCP Packaging Co. Ltd RPC Group PLC (Berry Global Group) Silgan Holdings Inc. DS Smith PLC Graham Packaging LP Libo Cosmetics Company Ltd AptarGroup Inc. Amcor PLC Cosmopak Ltd Quadpac
Worldwide Agricultural Packaging Industry to 2026 - Plastic Packaging to Hold a Significant Market Share - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The "Agricultural Packaging Market - Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 - 2026)" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering. The agricultural packaging market is expected to reach a CAGR of 5.5% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). Companies Mentioned LC Packaging International Grief Inc Mondi Group NNZ Group Packaging Corporation of America Sonoco Products Company Epac Holdings LLC Silgan Holdings Bemis Company Inc BAG Corporation
SLGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SLGNWant to see what other sources are saying about Silgan Holdings Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!