Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SLGN POWR Grades
- SLGN scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 77.45% of US stocks.
- SLGN's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SLGN ranks lowest in Quality; there it ranks in the 58th percentile.
SLGN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SLGN is 3.63 -- better than 87.31% of US stocks.
- For SLGN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 90.29% of US equities we're observing.
- The volatility of Silgan Holdings Inc's share price is greater than that of only 5.13% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Silgan Holdings Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be TSE, CACC, POST, DIN, and GBX.
- Visit SLGN's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.silganholdings.com.
SLGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SLGN's price/sales ratio is 70.97% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- SLGN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 8.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SLGN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SLGN.
SLGN Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 33.25%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 24.19%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 19.35%.
The table below shows SLGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SLGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SLGN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.05% of graded US stocks.
- SLGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.803 -- ranking 6th of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- DSS, SON, and PKG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SLGN.
The table below shows SLGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SLGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.46||52-week high||$46.98|
|Prev. close||$43.35||52-week low||$37.10|
|Day high||$43.25||Avg. volume||484,909|
|50-day MA||$44.98||Dividend yield||1.44%|
|200-day MA||$42.46||Market Cap||4.70B|
Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN) Company Bio
Silgan Holdings is a leading supplier of metal containers in North America and Europe and a leading worldwide supplier of metal, composite and plastic closures for food and beverage products. In addition, Silgan is a leading supplier of plastic containers for shelf-stable food and personal care products in North America. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SLGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLGN Latest Social Stream
View Full SLGN Social Stream
Latest SLGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Silgan Holdings Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLGN as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we discuss 10 companies that just increased their dividends by over 10%. If you want to skip our detailed analysis of these stocks, go directly to These 5 Companies Just Increased Their Dividends By Over 10%. The S&P 500 is heading into correction territory as the Russian attack on Ukraine has severely […]
STAMFORD, Conn., February 24, 2022--SILGAN ANNOUNCES REDEMPTION OF ALL OUTSTANDING 4¾% SENIOR NOTES
Silgan (SLGN) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Silgan Holdings (NASDAQ:SLGN) declares $0.16/share quarterly dividend, 14.3% increase from prior dividend of $0.14. Forward yield 1.53% Payable March 31; for shareholders of record March 17; ex-div March 16. See SLGN Dividend Scorecard, Yield Chart, & Dividend Growth....
Silgan Increases Dividend by 14.3 Percent and Declares Quarterly Dividend; Dividend Increased for 18th Consecutive Year Since Initiation
STAMFORD, Conn., February 23, 2022--SILGAN INCREASES DIVIDEND BY 14.3 PERCENT AND DECLARES QUARTERLY DIVIDEND; DIVIDEND INCREASED FOR 18TH CONSECUTIVE YEAR SINCE INITIATION
SLGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|