Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN): Price and Financial Metrics
SLGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.51||52-week high||$55.41|
|Prev. close||$41.01||52-week low||$38.11|
|Day high||$41.67||Avg. volume||513,290|
|50-day MA||$41.58||Dividend yield||1.71%|
|200-day MA||$46.56||Market Cap||4.56B|
SLGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLGN POWR Grades
- SLGN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 84.56% of US stocks.
- SLGN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SLGN ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 14th percentile.
SLGN Stock Summary
- SILGAN HOLDINGS INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 84.79% of US listed stocks.
- For SLGN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 90.79% of US equities we're observing.
- SLGN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 75.86% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SILGAN HOLDINGS INC are OLN, HRI, PTVE, GPK, and AMBC.
- SLGN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SILGAN HOLDINGS INC's official web site, go to www.silganholdings.com.
SLGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SLGN's price/sales ratio is 0% higher, now standing at 0.7.
- SLGN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SLGN.
SLGN Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 14.64%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 31.75%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 9.3%.
The table below shows SLGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SLGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SLGN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.05% of graded US stocks.
- SLGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.803 -- ranking 6th of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- DSS, SON, and PKG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SLGN.
The table below shows SLGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN) Company Bio
Silgan Holdings is a leading supplier of metal containers in North America and Europe and a leading worldwide supplier of metal, composite and plastic closures for food and beverage products. In addition, Silgan is a leading supplier of plastic containers for shelf-stable food and personal care products in North America. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
SLGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLGN Latest Social Stream
View Full SLGN Social Stream
Latest SLGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SILGAN HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLGN as an investment opportunity.
More on Silgan Holdings
STAMFORD, Conn., October 31, 2023--Silgan Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SLGN), a leading supplier of sustainable rigid packaging solutions for the world's essential consumer goods products, announced today that its Board of Directors declared a quarterly cash dividend on its common stock. The Board of Directors approved an $0.18 per share quarterly cash dividend payable on December 15, 2023 to the holders of record of common stock of the Company on December 1, 2023. With this dividend payment, the Compan
STAMFORD, Conn., October 25, 2023--SILGAN ANNOUNCES THIRD QUARTER 2023 RESULTS
STAMFORD, Conn., October 06, 2023--Silgan Holdings Inc. (NYSE: SLGN), a leading supplier of sustainable rigid packaging solutions for the world's essential consumer goods products, will release its third quarter 2023 earnings results on Wednesday, October 25, 2023, before the U.S. markets open. At 11:00 a.m. eastern time on that day, Silgan will hold a conference call to discuss the Company’s results and performance for this period.
STAMFORD, Conn., September 01, 2023--Silgan Holdings Inc. (NYSE:SLGN), a leading supplier of sustainable rigid packaging solutions for the world’s essential consumer goods products, announced that it will participate in the Jefferies Industrials Conference on September 6, 2023. Robert Lewis, Executive Vice President, Corporate Development and Administration, and Alexander Hutter, Vice President, Investor Relations, are scheduled to speak at the conference starting at 11:00 a.m. eastern time, whi
SLGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|