Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SLGN POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SLGN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SLGN is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SLGN ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
SLGN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SLGN is 3.78 -- better than 86.78% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SILGAN HOLDINGS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 82.97% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SLGN, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 90.88% of US equities we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SILGAN HOLDINGS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be PTVE, HRI, PBH, TPC, and TSE.
- SLGN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SILGAN HOLDINGS INC's official web site, go to www.silganholdings.com.
SLGN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SLGN's price/sales ratio is 59.09% lower, now standing at 0.9.
- Over the past 239 months, SLGN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 5.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SLGN.
SLGN Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -6.75%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 55.57%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 23.93%.
The table below shows SLGN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SLGN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SLGN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 40.05% of graded US stocks.
- SLGN's asset turnover comes in at 0.803 -- ranking 6th of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- DSS, SON, and PKG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SLGN.
The table below shows SLGN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SLGN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SLGN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$54.40||52-week high||$55.41|
|Prev. close||$54.89||52-week low||$38.59|
|Day high||$54.62||Avg. volume||443,744|
|50-day MA||$52.65||Dividend yield||1.17%|
|200-day MA||$46.51||Market Cap||5.99B|
Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN) Company Bio
Silgan Holdings is a leading supplier of metal containers in North America and Europe and a leading worldwide supplier of metal, composite and plastic closures for food and beverage products. In addition, Silgan is a leading supplier of plastic containers for shelf-stable food and personal care products in North America. The company was founded in 1987 and is based in Stamford, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SLGN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SLGN Latest Social Stream
View Full SLGN Social Stream
Latest SLGN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SILGAN HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SLGN as an investment opportunity.
Silgan Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ:SLGN) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript January 25, 2023 Operator: Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Welcome to the Silgan Holdings Fourth Quarter 2022 Earnings Conference Call. And please be advised that this call is being recorded. And now at this time, I’ll turn things over to Ms. Kim Ulmer, Senior Vice President, […]
Silgan Announces Strong Growth in 2022; Anticipates Increased Revenue, Segment Income and Free Cash Flow In 2023
STAMFORD, Conn., January 24, 2023--Silgan Holdings Inc. (NYSE:SLGN), a leading supplier of sustainable rigid packaging solutions for the world's essential consumer goods products, today reported record full year net sales of $6.41 billion, a 12.9 percent increase over prior year net sales of $5.68 billion, and full year 2022 net income of $340.8 million, or $3.07 per diluted share, as compared to full year 2021 net income of $359.1 million, or $3.23 per diluted share.
Silgan (SLGN) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
Silgan Holdings Inc. (NYSE:SLGN), a leading supplier of sustainable rigid packaging solutions for the world’s essential consumer goods products, will release its fourth quarter and full year 2022 earnings results on Tuesday, January 24, 2023, after the U.S. markets close. At 11:00 A.M. eastern time on Wednesday, January 25, 2023, Silgan will hold a conference call to discuss the Company’s results
STAMFORD, Conn., November 28, 2022--Silgan Holdings Inc. (NYSE:SLGN), a leading supplier of sustainable rigid packaging for the world’s essential consumer goods products, announced today that it entered into a new amended and restated stockholders agreement with its co-founders, D. Greg Horrigan and R. Philip Silver, which amends the existing stockholders agreement to remove the contractual right of the co-founders of the Company to nominate for election all Directors of the Company so long as t
SLGN Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|