Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- The stock's free cash flow/dividend ratio, potentially useful for understanding its ability to make dividend payments, comes in at -6.82 -- higher than just 17.4% of other dividend issuers in the US.
- If price volatilty is something you're paying attention to when building your dividend portfolio, know that SLGN has less fluctuation in its price than 82.64% of stocks we're observing.
- If you want to include this stock in your dividend portfolio, here are some dividend stocks that are NOT correlated with SLGN that may be suitable potential portfolio mates: BY, ARMK, APA, BANC and HY.
SLGN Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
A technique commonly used by dividend investors to value dividend-issuing stocks is the Dividend Discount Model (DDM), which seeks to determine a fair share price based on the dividend provided by the company relative to a number of other company-specific factors. As for SLGN, the dividend discount model StockNews created for the company implies a positive return of 23.77%. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Silgan Holdings Inc are:
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector, the expected return of 23.77%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 87.16% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, Silgan Holdings Inc bears a discount rate, according to our calculations, lower than 87.16% of them (lower discount rates are generally perceived as positive, and a sign of lower risk).
- Amongst its dividend-issuing peers in the mid-sized market cap category, SLGN's beta -- a measure of volatility relative to the market at large -- is lower than 97.47% of them.
SLGN Dividend Chart
SLGN Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
SLGN Dividends vs. Peers
|2||MERC||Mercer International Inc.||4.41%|
|4||MINI||Mobile Mini, Inc.||4.10%|
|5||ARD||Ardagh Group S.A. Common Shares||3.67%|
|6||SON||Sonoco Products Company||3.52%|
|7||PKG||Packaging Corporation of America||2.82%|
|8||GPK||Graphic Packaging Holding Company||2.26%|
|9||BMS||Bemis Company, Inc.||2.24%|
|11||SEE||Sealed Air Corporation||1.56%|
|12||SLGN||Silgan Holdings Inc.||1.38%|
|17||BERY||Berry Global Group, Inc.||0.00%|
|18||UFPT||UFP Technologies, Inc.||0.00%|
|19||PTVE||Pactiv Evergreen Inc.||0.00%|
|20||MPSX||Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited||0.00%|
|21||CCK||Crown Holdings, Inc.||0.00%|