SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SM is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 47 weeks.
- SM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.46% of US stocks).
SM Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SM is currently 2.92, higher than just 8.64% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of SM Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.34% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of SM Energy Co's share price is greater than that of 92.45% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SM Energy Co are MUR, CNX, MRO, NBR, and EQT.
- Visit SM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Valuation Summary
- SM's price/earnings ratio is -3.2; this is 115.92% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 12.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SM's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SM.
SM Growth Metrics
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -13.99%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -26.51%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -86.05%.
The table below shows SM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SM has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.36% of graded US stocks.
- SM's asset turnover comes in at 0.319 -- ranking 78th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- ESTE, FANG, and XEC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SM.
The table below shows SM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.02||52-week high||$26.86|
|Prev. close||$20.26||52-week low||$1.34|
|Day high||$23.18||Avg. volume||3,789,367|
|50-day MA||$19.10||Dividend yield||0.09%|
|200-day MA||$15.78||Market Cap||2.79B|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
Thesis SM Energy Company (SM), is an independent exploration and development energy company focused on the oil and gas sectors. Having cleaned-up its near term debt maturities and chosen to roll-off most of its hedges the company is strategically set up to take advantage of higher oil and gas prices....
SMTC, SM, GEF, and ARCB made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) momentum stocks list on September 8, 2021.
TC Energy (TRP) becomes the second Canada-based pipeline firm to receive permission to withhold the names of its insurance providers.
SM Energy (SM) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
SM Energy's (SM) increasing focus on crude, specifically in the Permian Basin and Eagle Ford areas, to enable it to boost oil-weighted activity in the coming days.
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|