SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.63% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SM is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SM's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 5.47% of US stocks).
SM Stock Summary
- SM's current price/earnings ratio is 3.09, which is higher than merely 3.94% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SM ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 5.37% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SM ENERGY CO is reporting a growth rate of -485.65%; that's higher than just 3.48% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EGO, USAS, TALO, MESA, and IAG.
- SM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SM ENERGY CO's official web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SM's price/sales ratio is 38.89% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- Over the past 243 months, SM's price/earnings ratio has gone down 28.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SM.
SM Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 124.87%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -100%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 150.15%.
The table below shows SM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.52% of graded US stocks.
- SM's asset turnover comes in at 0.415 -- ranking 65th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- FANG, ESTE, and TGA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SM.
The table below shows SM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$32.13||52-week high||$54.97|
|Prev. close||$32.15||52-week low||$29.27|
|Day high||$33.20||Avg. volume||1,599,661|
|50-day MA||$35.17||Dividend yield||0.93%|
|200-day MA||$39.58||Market Cap||3.95B|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we will be taking a look at the 25 biggest Colorado companies and stocks. To skip our detailed analysis, you can go directly to see the 5 Biggest Colorado Companies and Stocks. If all U.S. states were countries, Colorado would be the 46th largest country in the world with a GDP of […]
These undervalued renewable energy stocks are trading at a substantial discount and are needle-movers in the burgeoning green energy space.
The total return for SM Energy (NYSE:SM) investors has risen faster than earnings growth over the last three years
It hasn't been the best quarter for SM Energy Company ( NYSE:SM ) shareholders, since the share price has fallen 30% in...
SM Energy Company (the "Company") (NYSE: SM) today announced the retirement of Executive Vice President and General Counsel David Copeland.
SM Energy Company (NYSE: SM) today announces that its Board of Directors approved a quarterly cash dividend of $0.15 per share of common stock outstanding. The dividend will be paid on February 6, 2023, to stockholders of record as of the close of business on January 20, 2023. The Company currently has approximately 121.9 million shares of common stock outstanding, which reflects a reduction of approximately 900,000 shares from the previously reported quarter that were repurchased by the Company
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|