SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SM POWR Grades
- SM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SM is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
SM Stock Summary
- SM's current price/earnings ratio is 138.01, which is higher than 95.53% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SM Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 4.3% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that SM's revenue has grown 132.8% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 93.91% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SM Energy Co are NBR, MTDR, AA, EQT, and IBEX.
- SM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SM Energy Co's official web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Valuation Summary
- SM's price/earnings ratio is -3.2; this is 115.92% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SM's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 12.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SM's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SM.
SM Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at -86.05%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at -24.31%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -70.59%.
The table below shows SM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.52% of graded US stocks.
- SM's asset turnover comes in at 0.415 -- ranking 65th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- FANG, ESTE, and TGA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SM.
The table below shows SM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.54||52-week high||$54.97|
|Prev. close||$35.85||52-week low||$14.79|
|Day high||$37.08||Avg. volume||2,542,965|
|50-day MA||$41.08||Dividend yield||0.06%|
|200-day MA||$34.87||Market Cap||4.33B|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
SM Energy (NYSE:SM) reported Q4 results after the close, handily beating earnings, but guiding production lower, capex higher, and allocating cash flow to the balance sheet: Earnings - SM reported Q4 adjusted earnings per share of $1.14, versus Street expectations for 76c, the Company generated $260m of free cash flow...
SM Energy Company (the "Company") (NYSE: SM) today announced certain fourth quarter and full year 2021 operating and financial results, year-end 2021 estimated proved reserves and its 2022 operating plan. Highlights include:
Growth stocks are going cheap now that the market has tanked.
Higher oil price is likely to have aided SM Energy's (SM) Q4 earnings.
SM Energy and Insperity highlighted as Zacks Bull and Bear of the Day.
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|