SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SM POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SM ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SM is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SM ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 17th percentile.
SM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SM ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, SM has reported earnings growth of -281.45%, putting it ahead of just 6.06% of US stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for SM ENERGY CO comes in at 115.48%, a number that bests 92.33% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SM ENERGY CO are AA, EGO, MRO, MGY, and TDOC.
- SM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SM ENERGY CO's official web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SM's EV/EBIT ratio is 57.98% lower, now standing at 5.
- Over the past 243 months, SM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 20.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SM.
SM Growth Metrics
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 89.35%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 2402.32%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 140.72%.
The table below shows SM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.52% of graded US stocks.
- SM's asset turnover comes in at 0.415 -- ranking 65th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- FANG, ESTE, and TGA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SM.
The table below shows SM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$37.19||52-week high||$54.97|
|Prev. close||$34.16||52-week low||$24.80|
|Day high||$37.38||Avg. volume||2,255,927|
|50-day MA||$41.01||Dividend yield||0.05%|
|200-day MA||$38.03||Market Cap||4.56B|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
Most Popular Stories View All
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
These are the best small-cap stocks to buy now.
Apart from Halliburton (HAL) and Eni (E), Liberty Energy (LBRT), SM Energy (SM) and Cheniere Energy (LNG) hogged the limelight during the week.
Most readers would already be aware that SM Energy's (NYSE:SM) stock increased significantly by 8.9% over the past...
SM Energy (SM) announces a share repurchase program of up to $500 million, which represents 9.6% of its current market capitalization.
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|