SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.66||52-week high||$48.55|
|Prev. close||$38.74||52-week low||$24.66|
|Day high||$40.97||Avg. volume||1,780,182|
|50-day MA||$39.00||Dividend yield||1.61%|
|200-day MA||$32.38||Market Cap||4.83B|
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM POWR Grades
- SM scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 86.31% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SM is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SM ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 3rd percentile.
SM Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.06, SM ENERGY CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.3% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SM is currently 2.91, higher than only 10.7% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of SM ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.93% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SM, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MMAT, KOS, MRO, IRWD, and TDOC.
- SM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SM ENERGY CO's official web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SM's price/sales ratio is 28.57% higher, now standing at 1.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SM's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 3.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SM.
SM Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 99.75%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 105.8%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 140.72%.
The table below shows SM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SM's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SM has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 76.52% of graded US stocks.
- SM's asset turnover comes in at 0.415 -- ranking 65th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- FANG, ESTE, and TGA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SM.
The table below shows SM's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
Key Insights SM Energy's estimated fair value is US$48.37 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity SM Energy's...
Smart Beta ETF report for XOP
An in-depth analysis of SM Energy Co's valuation, financial strength, profitability, and growth
For beginners, it can seem like a good idea (and an exciting prospect) to buy a company that tells a good story to...
For the second week in a row, South Texas drillers have dogpiled on the Eagle Ford's southernmost county.
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|