SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SM POWR Grades
- SM scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- SM's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SM's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.02% of US stocks).
SM Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for SM Energy Co is higher than just 12.53% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of SM Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 4.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SM is more volatile than 98.22% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SM Energy Co, a group of peers worth examining would be NMM, LAUR, AGO, CPG, and EQT.
- Visit SM's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Valuation Summary
SM's price/sales ratio is 2.3; this is 35.29% higher than that of the median Energy stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SM.
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$22.31||52-week high||$24.78|
|Prev. close||$22.66||52-week low||$1.34|
|Day high||$23.05||Avg. volume||4,350,086|
|50-day MA||$18.57||Dividend yield||0.09%|
|200-day MA||$10.11||Market Cap||2.69B|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for SM Energy Co. To summarize, we found that SM Energy Co ranked in the 65th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 62%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for SM Energy Co ended up being:
- 47% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than just 13.93% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- SM Energy Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -3.3. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 12.44% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 15. This value is greater than 82.36% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
SM Energy, an oil and gas explorer and producer, is the IBD Stock of the Day. After breaking out from a base, SM stock is pulling back and setting up.
SM Energy (SM) announces its intention to raise $350 million from the offering of a series of senior unsecured notes, which are scheduled to get matured by 2028.
SM Energy Company Announces Cash Tender Offer For Any And All Of Its 6.125% Senior Notes Due 2022 And Up To $130.0 million Aggregate Principal Amount Of Its 5.000% Senior Notes Due 2024 And Related Solicitation Of Consent
DENVER , June 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SM Energy Company ("SM Energy") (NYSE: SM ) today announced that it has commenced cash tender offers to purchase (the "Offers") (i) any and all of its outstanding 6.125% Senior Notes due 2022 (CUSIP No. 78454L AK6) (the "2022 Notes"), and (ii) up to an aggregate principal amount not to exceed $130,000,000 (as it may be modified by SM Energy, the "Tender Cap"), of its outstanding 5.000% Senior Notes due 2024 (CUSIP No. 78454L AH3) (the "2024 Notes" and, together with the 2022 Notes, the "Notes"), subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the Offer to Purchase and Consent Solicitation Statement dated June 9, 2021 (as it may be amended or supplemented from time to time, the "Offer to Purchase"), and related solicitation of consents (the "Consent...
DENVER, June 9, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- SM Energy Company ("SM Energy") (NYSE: SM) announced today that it has priced an offering of $400 million in aggregate principal amount of its 6.500% senior unsecured notes due 2028 (the "Notes"). The aggregate principal amount of the offering was
Rating Action: Moody''s upgrades SM Energy''s CFR to B2; stable outlook Read the full article at Moody''s
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|