SM Energy Company (SM): Price and Financial Metrics
SM Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SM Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 3.44% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, SM has reported earnings growth of 1,002.02%, putting it ahead of 98.47% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of SM Energy Co's share price is greater than that of 95.51% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SM Energy Co, a group of peers worth examining would be GNK, CNNE, CLNY, FTI, and MCF.
- SM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SM Energy Co's official web site, go to www.sm-energy.com.
SM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.68||52-week high||$14.93|
|Prev. close||$13.82||52-week low||$0.90|
|Day high||$14.21||Avg. volume||5,200,356|
|50-day MA||$9.22||Dividend yield||0.14%|
|200-day MA||$4.63||Market Cap||1.57B|
SM Energy Company (SM) Company Bio
SM Energy is an independent energy company engaged in the acquisition, exploration, development, and production of crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids in onshore North America. The company was founded in 1908 and is based in Denver, Colorado.
SM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for SM Energy Co. To summarize, we found that SM Energy Co ranked in the 87th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of SM Energy Co, consider:
- 42% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 13% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- SM Energy Co's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -4.84. This coverage rate is greater than that of only 12.4% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- The weighted average cost of capital for the company is 15. This value is greater than 82.43% stocks in the Energy sector that generate free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SM Latest Social Stream
View Full SM Social Stream
Latest SM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SM Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SM as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by SM Energy Company in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
Siebert Williams Shank & Co Stick to Their Buy Rating for Sm Energy Company
SM Energy (NYSE:SM) released its quarterly earnings results on Tuesday. The energy company reported $0.02 EPS for the quarter, missing analysts’ consensus estimates of $0.07 by ($0.05), MarketWatch Earnings reports. SM Energy had a negative return on equity of 1.40% and a negative net margin of 55.76%. Shares of NYSE:SM traded down $1.97 during trading […]
SM earnings call for the period ending December 31, 2020.
Investors weren't pleased with the company's earnings. Here's a quick review of what it reported for the quarter.
SM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SMWant to do more research on SM Energy Co's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!