Summit Therapeutics plc (SMMT): Price and Financial Metrics
SMMT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.82||52-week high||$5.78|
|Prev. close||$1.88||52-week low||$0.66|
|Day high||$1.94||Avg. volume||2,345,239|
|50-day MA||$1.67||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.98||Market Cap||1.27B|
SMMT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMMT POWR Grades
- Sentiment is the dimension where SMMT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 85.1% of US stocks.
- SMMT's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SMMT's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 16.03% of US stocks).
SMMT Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of SUMMIT THERAPEUTICS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 2.47% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a price/sales ratio of 2,637.4, SUMMIT THERAPEUTICS INC has a higher such ratio than 99.72% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMMT's revenue has grown -75.63% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 2.51% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SUMMIT THERAPEUTICS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be AEMD, ETWO, SM, RIOT, and TDOC.
- Visit SMMT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.summitplc.com.
SMMT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, SMMT's EV/EBIT ratio is 116.67% lower, now standing at -2.
- SMMT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 6.4 over the prior 100 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMMT.
SMMT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMMT has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 7.27% of graded US stocks.
- SMMT's asset turnover comes in at 0.006 -- ranking 406th of 682 Pharmaceutical Products stocks.
- EDIT, SAGE, and SVRA are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMMT.
The table below shows SMMT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMMT Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SMMT, see our SMMT price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$4.50||Average Broker Recommendation||1.5 (Moderate Buy)|
Summit Therapeutics plc (SMMT) Company Bio
Summit Therapeutics plc operates as a biopharmaceutical company primarily in the United Kingdom and the Unites States. It focuses on the discovery, development, and commercialization of novel medicines to treat the Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD), a fatal muscle wasting disease; and infections caused by Clostridium difficile bacteria (CDI). The company was founded in 2003 and is based in Abingdon, England.
SMMT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMMT Latest Social Stream
View Full SMMT Social Stream
Latest SMMT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SUMMIT THERAPEUTICS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMMT as an investment opportunity.
Promising Data for Investigational Innovative Bispecific Ivonescimab Featured at ASCO 2023
MENLO PARK, Calif., June 04, 2023--Promising Data Supporting Summit's Phase III Clinical Trials for Ivonescimab Featured at ASCO 2023.
Ivonescimab Updated Data to be Featured at ASCO 2023
MENLO PARK, Calif., June 01, 2023--Summit Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ: SMMT) ("Summit," "we," or the "Company") today announced that data for its novel, potential first-in-class investigational bispecific antibody, ivonescimab, will be presented at the 2023 American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Annual Meeting in Chicago, IL. The poster with updated clinical data from Phase II clinical trials will be displayed on Sunday June 4 from 8:00 to 11:00am Central Time during the Lung Cancer – Non-Sm
11 Stocks with Heavy Insider Buying in 2023
In this article, we will take a look at the 11 stocks with heavy insider buying in 2023. To see more such companies, go directly to 5 Stocks with Heavy Insider Buying in 2023. Insider trading activity has always invited interest and controversy from investors and authorities. Recent history has proven time and again that […]
After buying recently, Summit Therapeutics Inc. (NASDAQ:SMMT) insiders must be dismayed to see the company's market cap drop to US$1.2b
Key Insights Significant insider control over Summit Therapeutics implies vested interests in company growth The...
Why Shares of Summit Therapeutics Slumped on Tuesday
Summit spent big on its collaboration and licensing agreement with Akeso to market ivonescimab, a bispecific antibody being tested in two phase 3 trials to treat non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC). In its quarterly report, Summit said it lost $542.4 million, compared to a loss of $21.4 million in the same period a year ago, citing $520.9 million of expenses of in-licensing ivonescimab from Akeso. Summit gained the rights to market the therapy, which it calls SMT-112, in the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Japan while Akeso retains the marketing rights for the therapy elsewhere, including in China.
SMMT Price Returns
Continue Researching SMMTHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Summit Therapeutics plc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Summit Therapeutics plc (SMMT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Summit Therapeutics plc (SMMT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Summit Therapeutics plc (SMMT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...