The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL): Price and Financial Metrics
SMPL Stock Summary
- Simply Good Foods Co's stock had its IPO on July 12, 2017, making it an older stock than only 7.5% of US equities in our set.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SMPL is currently 44.13, higher than 92.21% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 236.09%, Simply Good Foods Co's debt growth rate surpasses 92.56% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Simply Good Foods Co, a group of peers worth examining would be KWR, SHAK, SFIX, BHLB, and BCML.
- Visit SMPL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Stock Price Chart More Charts
SMPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$23.99||52-week high||$31.34|
|Prev. close||$24.51||52-week low||$19.13|
|Day high||$24.71||Avg. volume||1,530,877|
|50-day MA||$25.77||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$25.93||Market Cap||2.29B|
The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) Company Bio
The Simply Good Foods Company develops, markets, and sells branded nutritional foods and snack products in the United States and internationally. Its products portfolio primarily consists of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks, and confectionery products. The company markets its products under the Atkins, SimplyProtein, Atkins Endulge, and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The company is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
SMPL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Simply Good Foods Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Simply Good Foods Co ranked in the 40st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 43.67%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Simply Good Foods Co ended up being:
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 2.75 years, is 0.24% -- higher than 69.02% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- Simply Good Foods Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 16 -- greater than 64.54% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 60.54% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|