The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL): Price and Financial Metrics
SMPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$40.05||52-week high||$40.31|
|Prev. close||$39.96||52-week low||$31.06|
|Day high||$40.18||Avg. volume||588,861|
|50-day MA||$36.34||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$36.58||Market Cap||4.00B|
SMPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMPL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SMPL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 77.7% of US stocks.
- SMPL's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SMPL's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 15.57% of US stocks).
SMPL Stock Summary
- SMPL's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 150.87 -- higher than 81.91% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -30.13%, SIMPLY GOOD FOODS CO's debt growth rate surpasses only 10.77% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of SIMPLY GOOD FOODS CO's share price is greater than that of only 6.42% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SIMPLY GOOD FOODS CO are FSS, ESCA, THR, ALG, and ADUS.
- Visit SMPL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SMPL's price/earnings ratio is 45.59% higher, now standing at 28.9.
- SMPL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 5.3 over the prior 78 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMPL.
SMPL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMPL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.19% of graded US stocks.
- SMPL's asset turnover comes in at 0.495 -- ranking 42nd of 58 Food Products stocks.
- LWAY, ZIVO, and CPB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMPL.
The table below shows SMPL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) Company Bio
The Simply Good Foods Company develops, markets, and sells branded nutritional foods and snack products in the United States and internationally. Its products portfolio primarily consists of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks, and confectionery products. The company markets its products under the Atkins, SimplyProtein, Atkins Endulge, and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The company is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
SMPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMPL Latest Social Stream
View Full SMPL Social Stream
Latest SMPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SIMPLY GOOD FOODS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMPL as an investment opportunity.
In this article, we shall discuss the healthiest food in the world and the top 20 countries with the healthiest diets. To skip our detailed analysis of the global food industry in 2023 and the global shift to conscious eating, go directly and see Top 5 Countries with the Healthiest Diets. The global food industry […]
The Simply Good Foods Company (NASDAQ:SMPL) Shares Could Be 22% Below Their Intrinsic Value Estimate
Key Insights Simply Good Foods' estimated fair value is US$49.63 based on 2 Stage Free Cash Flow to Equity Simply Good...
In this article, we discuss billionaire Ray Dalio’s 15 best stock picks. If you want to see more stocks in this selection, check out Billionaire Ray Dalio’s 5 Best Stock Picks. While Ray Dalio gave up active leadership position of his hedge fund Bridgewater Associates to a new generation of fund managers, he still has a […]
The Simply Good Foods Company (NASDAQ:SMPL) Q4 2023 Earnings Call Transcript October 24, 2023 The Simply Good Foods Company beats earnings expectations. Reported EPS is $0.45, expectations were $0.44. Operator: Greetings, and welcome to The Simply Good Foods Company Fiscal Fourth Quarter 2023 Conference Call. At this time, all participants are in a listen-only mode. […]
Q4 2023 Simply Good Foods Co Earnings Call
SMPL Price Returns