The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMPL POWR Grades
- SMPL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 57.59% of US stocks.
- SMPL's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- SMPL's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 19.83% of US stocks).
SMPL Stock Summary
- Simply Good Foods Co's stock had its IPO on July 12, 2017, making it an older stock than just 13.24% of US equities in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, SMPL has reported earnings growth of 124.56%, putting it ahead of 86.81% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMPL's revenue has grown 36.67% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 85.64% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Simply Good Foods Co are JCOM, ELY, GFF, RM, and GO.
- SMPL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Simply Good Foods Co's official web site, go to www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, SMPL's price/sales ratio is 27.59% higher, now standing at 3.7.
- SMPL's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up $4 over the prior 48 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMPL.
SMPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.19||52-week high||$35.61|
|Prev. close||$35.04||52-week low||$16.54|
|Day high||$35.47||Avg. volume||632,001|
|50-day MA||$33.70||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$27.84||Market Cap||3.37B|
The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) Company Bio
The Simply Good Foods Company develops, markets, and sells branded nutritional foods and snack products in the United States and internationally. Its products portfolio primarily consists of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks, and confectionery products. The company markets its products under the Atkins, SimplyProtein, Atkins Endulge, and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The company is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
SMPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMPL Latest Social Stream
View Full SMPL Social Stream
Latest SMPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Simply Good Foods Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMPL as an investment opportunity.
Simply Good Foods shows improving price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating from 71 to 81.
Morgan Stanley moves to an Equal-weight rating on Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) after having it slotted at Overweight. Analyst Pamela Kaufman points to the outperformance in share price over the last six months. "Our prior OW thesis held that the market underappreciated the company's LT growth profile, but now...
The Simply Good Foods Company's (NASDAQ:SMPL) Stock Is Going Strong: Have Financials A Role To Play?
Simply Good Foods' (NASDAQ:SMPL) stock is up by a considerable 20% over the past three months. Given that stock prices...
The Simply Good Foods Company forecasted better-than-expected adjusted earnings and net sales in fiscal 2021 after 2Q (ended Feb. 27) results topped consensus estimates. Strong top-line growth, margin expansion, and cost control were the primary drivers. Shares of the food company increased 1% to close at $31.48 on April 7. Simply Good Foods’ (SMPL) 2Q adjusted earnings rose 8.7% on a year-over-year basis to $0.25 per share and outpaced Street estimates of $0.22 per share. Net sales inched up 1.5% to $230.6 million and surpassed the consensus estimate of $230.1 million, primarily due to strong e-commerce and Quest performance.
Joe Scalzo, President and Chief Executive Officer; and Todd Cunfer, Chief Financial Officer, will provide you with an overview of results, which will then be followed by a Q&A session. The Company issued its earnings release this morning at approximately 7:00 AM Eastern Time. A copy of the release and accompanying presentation are available under the Investors section of the Company's website at www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Price Returns