The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMPL POWR Grades
- SMPL scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 91.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMPL is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SMPL ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
SMPL Stock Summary
- SMPL's current price/earnings ratio is 194.09, which is higher than 96.85% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SMPL is currently 33.8, higher than 83.65% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- The volatility of Simply Good Foods Co's share price is greater than that of only 12.02% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SMPL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ECOL, MWA, CECE, OSK, and COTY.
- SMPL's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Simply Good Foods Co's official web site, go to www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Valuation Summary
- SMPL's price/earnings ratio is 51.6; this is 127.81% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SMPL's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 50 months.
- Over the past 50 months, SMPL's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMPL.
SMPL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMPL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 54.19% of graded US stocks.
- SMPL's asset turnover comes in at 0.495 -- ranking 42nd of 58 Food Products stocks.
- LWAY, ZIVO, and CPB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMPL.
The table below shows SMPL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$39.74||52-week high||$45.77|
|Prev. close||$39.06||52-week low||$32.94|
|Day high||$39.96||Avg. volume||648,952|
|50-day MA||$39.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$37.77||Market Cap||3.99B|
The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) Company Bio
The Simply Good Foods Company develops, markets, and sells branded nutritional foods and snack products in the United States and internationally. Its products portfolio primarily consists of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks, and confectionery products. The company markets its products under the Atkins, SimplyProtein, Atkins Endulge, and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The company is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMPL Latest Social Stream
View Full SMPL Social Stream
Latest SMPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Simply Good Foods Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMPL as an investment opportunity.
On Wednesday, Simply Good Foods got an upgrade for its IBD SmartSelect Composite Rating from 94 to 96.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of The Simply Good Foods Company ( NASDAQ:SMPL ) by taking...
Carillon Tower Advisers, an investment management firm, published its “Carillon Eagle Small Cap Growth Fund” fourth quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. Small-cap stocks overall posted minor gains in the final quarter of 2021. In what has become a common theme, the Russell 2000® Growth Index (up 0.02%) […]
No summary available.
Investment company Cooper (Current Portfolio) buys Welbilt Inc, iShares Global REIT ETF, iShares National Muni Bond ETF, UnitedHealth Group Inc, iShares Short-Term National Muni Bond ETF, sells iShares Core S&P 500 ETF, Broadstone Net Lease Inc, Vanguard Total International Bond ETF, Schwab U.S.
SMPL Price Returns