The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMPL POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SMPL ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 68.76% of US stocks.
- SMPL's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- SMPL ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 20th percentile.
SMPL Stock Summary
- Simply Good Foods Co's stock had its IPO on July 12, 2017, making it an older stock than merely 14.49% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 51.85, Simply Good Foods Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about 82.95% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SMPL is currently 27.09, higher than 79.94% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Simply Good Foods Co are ENS, IBP, ACCO, UVV, and ATGE.
- Visit SMPL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Valuation Summary
- SMPL's price/earnings ratio is 51.6; this is 127.81% higher than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- SMPL's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.5 over the prior 50 months.
- Over the past 50 months, SMPL's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMPL.
SMPL's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMPL has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 43.74% of graded US stocks.
- SMPL's asset turnover comes in at 0.479 -- ranking 44th of 57 Food Products stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SMPL's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$35.01||52-week high||$38.50|
|Prev. close||$35.73||52-week low||$18.62|
|Day high||$35.73||Avg. volume||550,340|
|50-day MA||$35.80||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$32.85||Market Cap||3.35B|
The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) Company Bio
The Simply Good Foods Company develops, markets, and sells branded nutritional foods and snack products in the United States and internationally. Its products portfolio primarily consists of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks, and confectionery products. The company markets its products under the Atkins, SimplyProtein, Atkins Endulge, and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The company is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMPL Latest Social Stream
View Full SMPL Social Stream
Latest SMPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Simply Good Foods Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMPL as an investment opportunity.
Simply Good Foods (SMPL) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
How far off is The Simply Good Foods Company ( NASDAQ:SMPL ) from its intrinsic value? Using the most recent financial...
IPO Edge and the Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association hosted a fireside chat with the CEO and CFO of AeroFarms on Thursday, Aug. 12 at 2pm EDT to discuss the company’s underlying business fundamentals, recent strategic partnerships, the ongoing expansion of the company’s vertically integrated supply chain from farm to retail, and the pending business combination with […]
IPO Edge and the Palm Beach Hedge Fund Association will host a fireside chat with the CEO and CFO of AeroFarms on Thursday, Aug. 12 at 2pm EDT to discuss the company’s underlying business fundamentals, recent strategic partnerships, the ongoing expansion of the company’s vertically integrated supply chain from farm to retail, and the pending business […]
The 800+ hedge funds and famous money managers tracked by Insider Monkey have already compiled and submitted their 13F filings for the first quarter, which unveil their equity positions as of March 31st. We went through these filings, fixed typos and other more significant errors and identified the changes in hedge fund portfolios. Our extensive […]
SMPL Price Returns