The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL): Price and Financial Metrics
SMPL Stock Summary
- Simply Good Foods Co's stock had its IPO on July 12, 2017, making it an older stock than merely 12.11% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Simply Good Foods Co is reporting a growth rate of 128.57%; that's higher than 89.68% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SMPL's revenue has grown 61.49% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 91.75% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Simply Good Foods Co, a group of peers worth examining would be GFF, RILY, TREC, TWNK, and OPY.
- Visit SMPL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMPL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.33||52-week high||$32.03|
|Prev. close||$28.94||52-week low||$14.08|
|Day high||$30.43||Avg. volume||632,507|
|50-day MA||$29.12||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$23.67||Market Cap||2.90B|
The Simply Good Foods Company (SMPL) Company Bio
The Simply Good Foods Company develops, markets, and sells branded nutritional foods and snack products in the United States and internationally. Its products portfolio primarily consists of nutrition bars, ready-to-drink shakes, snacks, and confectionery products. The company markets its products under the Atkins, SimplyProtein, Atkins Endulge, and Atkins Harvest Trail brand names. The company is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
SMPL Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Simply Good Foods Co. To summarize, we found that Simply Good Foods Co ranked in the 47th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 18.67%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SMPL, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 3.75 years comes in at 0.32%; that's greater than 70.27% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Simply Good Foods Co's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 16 -- greater than 61.63% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than 59.33% of stocks in its sector (Consumer Defensive).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMPL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMPL Latest Social Stream
View Full SMPL Social Stream
Latest SMPL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Simply Good Foods Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMPL as an investment opportunity.
Simply Foods broke out over a trend line Monday, but volume was light.
It's only natural that many investors, especially those who are new to the game, prefer to buy shares in 'sexy' stocks...
The more things change, the more they stay the same. That could be the mantra for investors in the early days of 2021. Long-term investments may look a little shaky. Which could make now an ideal time to look for short-term stocks to buy. As I write this, the market is in a sell-off that could be happening for several reasons. Some investors are settling positions. The recent runoff election in Georgia will also have a significant impact on the monetary and tax policy of the United States. However, you can’t ignore the novel coronavirus, which continues to vex society. The world was already dealing with a post-holiday surge in cases attributed to recent holiday travel. Now there’s news of a mutated, more contagious strain that is ensuring we all will be dealing with the pandemic longer ...
Simply Good Foods said revenue spiked 51.9% in its fiscal first quarter to $231.2 million year-over-year, boosted by strong sales at Quest Nutrition. Simply Good’s (SMPL) 1Q sales also surpassed analysts’ expectations of $208.9 million. The food company announced that Quest Nutrition’s net sales increased by $78.7 million to $95.8 million and contributed nearly 51.7% to the company’s total 1Q revenue growth. Meanwhile, Simply Good’s adjusted EPS increased by 31.8% to $0.29 year-on-year and beat the Street's estimates of $0.20. Buoyed by stronger-than-expected 1Q results, the company raised its first-half fiscal 2021 revenue and adjusted EBITDA outlook.
Jos Scalzo, President and Chief Executive Officer and Todd Cunfer, Chief Financial Officer will provide you with an overview of results, which will then be followed by a Q&A session. The Company issued its earnings release this morning at approximately 7:00 AM Eastern. A copy of the release and the accompanying presentation are available under the Investors section of the Company's website at www.thesimplygoodfoodscompany.com.
SMPL Price Returns
Continue Researching SMPLWant to see what other sources are saying about Simply Good Foods Co's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!