Smith Micro Software, Inc. (SMSI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMSI POWR Grades
- SMSI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.95% of US stocks.
- SMSI's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- SMSI ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 1st percentile.
SMSI Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 231.06, Smith Micro Software Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 86.21% of US stocks.
- SMSI's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of just 13.04% of US stocks.
- Smith Micro Software Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -22.59%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 11.48% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smith Micro Software Inc are INGN, OOMA, PRTS, LNTH, and JAMF.
- Visit SMSI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.smithmicro.com.
SMSI Valuation Summary
- SMSI's price/sales ratio is 5.8; this is 13.73% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SMSI's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down $206.
- SMSI's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down $206 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMSI.
SMSI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMSI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.44||52-week high||$8.05|
|Prev. close||$5.27||52-week low||$3.50|
|Day high||$5.53||Avg. volume||552,423|
|50-day MA||$5.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.40||Market Cap||289.41M|
SMSI Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Smith Micro Software Inc. To summarize, we found that Smith Micro Software Inc ranked in the 78th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 226% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Smith Micro Software Inc ended up being:
- Smith Micro Software Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 0% of stocks in its sector (Technology).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMSI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMSI Latest Social Stream
View Full SMSI Social Stream
Latest SMSI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith Micro Software Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMSI as an investment opportunity.
Does the June share price for Smith Micro Software, Inc. ( NASDAQ:SMSI ) reflect what it's really worth? Today, we will...
Smith Micro commissioned this research study to learn more about the opinions of American parents regarding the safety of their teen drivers.
If you do not have a copy and would like one, please visit the Investor Relations section of our website at www.smithmicro.com.On today's call, we have Bill Smith, chairman of the board, president, and chief executive officer of Smith Micro; and Tim Huffmyer, our chief financial officer. Please note that some of the information you'll hear during our discussion today consist of forward-looking statements, including, without limitations, those regarding the company's future revenue and profitability, new product development, new market opportunities, operating expenses, company cash reserves, the recently completed acquisition of the Family Safety Mobile Business from Avast and how the acquisition may impact Smith Micro's business strategy, operations and the financial position going fo...
Smith Micro Software, Inc. (SMSI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 100.00% and 4.03%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Smith Micro Software (NASDAQ:SMSI) Reports Q1 2021 Financial Results.
SMSI Price Returns
Continue Researching SMSIWant to do more research on Smith Micro Software Inc's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Smith Micro Software Inc (SMSI) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Smith Micro Software Inc (SMSI) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Smith Micro Software Inc (SMSI) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch