Semtech Corporation (SMTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTC POWR Grades
- SMTC scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 95.77% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMTC is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SMTC's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 58.96% of US stocks).
SMTC Stock Summary
- SMTC's went public 30.05 years ago, making it older than 80.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 37.18, Semtech Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 78.44% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Semtech Corp is reporting a growth rate of 113.02%; that's higher than 82.42% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Semtech Corp are NVCN, BLI, GBT, CERS, and QUIK.
- Visit SMTC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.semtech.com.
SMTC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SMTC's price/sales ratio is 24.77% higher, now standing at 6.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 16.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTC.
SMTC Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 161.48%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 53.46%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 10.84%.
The table below shows SMTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMTC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.96% of graded US stocks.
- SMTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.627 -- ranking 120th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- KVHI, CLFD, and NXPI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMTC.
The table below shows SMTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.54||52-week high||$94.92|
|Prev. close||$59.51||52-week low||$56.00|
|Day high||$62.84||Avg. volume||425,716|
|50-day MA||$63.32||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$74.21||Market Cap||4.01B|
Semtech Corporation (SMTC) Company Bio
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications and industrial equipment. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Camarillo, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTC Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTC Social Stream
Latest SMTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Semtech Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTC as an investment opportunity.
CAMARILLO, Calif., February 24, 2022--Smart Paddock’s smart GPS ear tag, "Bluebell," remotely monitors livestock via Semtech’s LoRa® devices and the LoRaWAN® standard
Some say volatility, rather than debt, is the best way to think about risk as an investor, but Warren Buffett famously...
Semtech’s LoRa® Devices and the LoRaWAN® Standard Provide Internet of Things Connectivity for ICTnexus Smart Islands Project
CAMARILLO, Calif., February 17, 2022--Cook Islands to feature a LoRaWAN® network for water and energy management, local street light operation and more
Analog Devices (ADI) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 8.38% and 2.98%, respectively, for the quarter ended January 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
CAMARILLO, Calif., February 10, 2022--Cloud-based platform uses the LoRaWAN® standard to monitor plants in real time
SMTC Price Returns