Semtech Corporation (SMTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTC POWR Grades
- SMTC scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 92.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMTC is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- SMTC ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 54th percentile.
SMTC Stock Summary
- SMTC's current price/earnings ratio is 53.34, which is higher than 81.99% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SMTC is currently 31.37, higher than 83.99% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SMTC is more volatile than merely 17.54% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Semtech Corp are POWI, IMMR, PLXS, EXLS, and RMAX.
- SMTC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Semtech Corp's official web site, go to www.semtech.com.
SMTC Valuation Summary
- SMTC's price/earnings ratio is 52.5; this is 33.25% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.2.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 22.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTC.
SMTC Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 32.99%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -9.08%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 52.29%.
The table below shows SMTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$63.10||52-week high||$83.94|
|Prev. close||$61.91||52-week low||$49.26|
|Day high||$63.79||Avg. volume||384,127|
|50-day MA||$64.22||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$67.79||Market Cap||4.10B|
Semtech Corporation (SMTC) Company Bio
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications and industrial equipment. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Camarillo, California.
SMTC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Semtech Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Semtech Corp ranked in the 18th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SMTC, they are:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Semtech Corp over the past 5.56 years is 0.05%; that's higher than only 20.82% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 4% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 15.78% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- SMTC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 49.1% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SMTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTC Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTC Social Stream
Latest SMTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Semtech Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTC as an investment opportunity.
Mettler-Toledo's (MTD) second-quarter 2021 results benefit from robust Laboratory, Industrial and Food Retail product lines.
CAMARILLO, Calif., July 27, 2021--eLichens’ avolta ultra-high selectivity CH4 gas sensor avoids false alarms and is available for LoRaWAN networks
IoT News - Semtechs Successful Collaboration With the Swiss Post Results in Universal Postal Service - IoT Business News
IoT news - All the essential news and articles related to the Internet of Things (IoT), on a daily basis, and with a business perspective.
CAMARILLO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- #Actility--Semtech''s LoRa® devices and LoRaWAN® standard integrated into Order Pens enable on-demand postal services to thousands of Swiss citizens
Semtech Corporation: Semtech''s Successful Collaboration With the Swiss Post Results in Universal Postal Service
LoRa devices and LoRaWAN standard integrated into "Order Pens" enable on-demand postal services to thousands of Swiss citizens Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC), a leading supplier of high perfor
SMTC Price Returns