Semtech Corporation (SMTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTC POWR Grades
- SMTC scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.16% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SMTC is in Value, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- SMTC's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.8% of US stocks).
SMTC Stock Summary
- SMTC's went public 30.55 years ago, making it older than 81.98% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, SMTC has reported earnings growth of 85.81%, putting it ahead of 83.08% of US stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SMTC comes in at 6.05% -- higher than that of 73.82% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SMTC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are BLI, POWI, NWBO, CLXT, and ME.
- Visit SMTC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.semtech.com.
SMTC Valuation Summary
- SMTC's price/earnings ratio is 12.7; this is 40.38% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTC.
SMTC Growth Metrics
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 2.32%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 42.06%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 78.68%.
The table below shows SMTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMTC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.96% of graded US stocks.
- SMTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.627 -- ranking 120th of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- KVHI, CLFD, and NXPI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMTC.
The table below shows SMTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$29.87||52-week high||$94.92|
|Prev. close||$29.46||52-week low||$29.19|
|Day high||$30.56||Avg. volume||607,539|
|50-day MA||$46.51||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$61.99||Market Cap||1.90B|
Semtech Corporation (SMTC) Company Bio
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications and industrial equipment. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Camarillo, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTC Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTC Social Stream
Latest SMTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SEMTECH CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTC as an investment opportunity.
Semtech (SMTC) unveils two integrated circuit (IC) solutions, namely GN1300 and GN1400 transimpedance amplifiers, to boost its signal integrity solutions portfolio.
Semtech (SMTC) announces to unveil the next-generation Tri-Edge GN2559S receiver for high-performance computing, artificial intelligence and cloud data-center networks.
Semtech Unveils ClearEdge® 25G Quad CDR Transmitter for Data Center and Wireless Long-Reach Applications
BASEL, Switzerland, September 19, 2022--New ClearEdge® CDRs with integrated next generation DML driver offers best in class transmitter (Tx) performance for up to 10 km optical links
Semtech Announces Production Release of New Lower Power Tri-Edge™ 50G PAM4 CDR Receiver for 200G and 400G Data Center Applications
BASEL, Switzerland, September 19, 2022--Next generation Tri-Edge™ CDR receiver offers ultra-low power, reduced latency and low cost for short-reach and long-reach optical links
Semtech Announces Demonstration of Groundbreaking 200G per Lane FiberEdge® Physical Medium Dependent (PMD) Chipset at ECOC 2022
BASEL, Switzerland, September 19, 2022--New chipset paves the way to 200G PAM4 per lane technology deployment to enable 1.6T and 3.2T optical module deployments
SMTC Price Returns