Semtech Corporation (SMTC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SMTC POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SMTC ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.64% of US stocks.
- SMTC's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 52 weeks.
- SMTC ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 56th percentile.
SMTC Stock Summary
- Semtech Corp's stock had its IPO on March 17, 1992, making it an older stock than 80.12% of US equities in our set.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 56.09, Semtech Corp P/E ratio is greater than that of about 83.97% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Semtech Corp is higher than 85.8% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Semtech Corp are MANH, DUO, POWI, BLI, and NSTG.
- SMTC's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Semtech Corp's official web site, go to www.semtech.com.
SMTC Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SMTC's price/sales ratio is 24.77% higher, now standing at 6.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 16.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SMTC's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SMTC.
SMTC Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.96%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -9.08%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 106.03%.
The table below shows SMTC's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SMTC's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SMTC has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 91.57% of graded US stocks.
- SMTC's asset turnover comes in at 0.627 -- ranking 120th of 206 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- KVHI, CLFD, and MINM are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SMTC.
The table below shows SMTC's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SMTC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SMTC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$78.11||52-week high||$83.94|
|Prev. close||$78.89||52-week low||$52.23|
|Day high||$79.51||Avg. volume||386,273|
|50-day MA||$74.61||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$69.88||Market Cap||5.03B|
Semtech Corporation (SMTC) Company Bio
Semtech Corporation is a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors for high-end consumer, enterprise computing, communications and industrial equipment. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Camarillo, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
SMTC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SMTC Latest Social Stream
View Full SMTC Social Stream
Latest SMTC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Semtech Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SMTC as an investment opportunity.
CAMARILLO, Calif., October 21, 2021--The new line showcases a shift in AV extension technologies
How do you pick the next stock to invest in? One way would be to spend days of research browsing through thousands of publicly traded companies. However, an easier way is to look at the stocks that smart money investors are collectively bullish on. Hedge funds and other institutional investors usually invest large amounts of […]
Alistair Fulton, VP And Gm at Semtech (NASDAQ:SMTC), made a large insider sell on October 13, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday showed that Fulton sold 1,350 shares of Semtech at a price of $75.61. The total transaction amounted to $102,078. Following the transaction, Fulton still owns 10,210 shares of Semtech worth $781,167. Semtech shares are trading up 2.34% at $76.51 at the time of this writing on Thurs
From semiconductors to lending solutions, these tech stocks have strong momentum that could help them outperform the broader market.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights: NVIDIA, ADI, Semtech, and Texas Instruments
SMTC Price Returns