Smart Sand, Inc. (SND): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SND POWR Grades
- SND scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.48% of US stocks.
- SND's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- SND's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.77% of US stocks).
SND Stock Summary
- Smart Sand Inc's stock had its IPO on November 4, 2016, making it an older stock than only 16.11% of US equities in our set.
- SND's current price/earnings ratio is 2.79, which is higher than only 1.73% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Smart Sand Inc comes in at -55.28%, a number that bests only 5.9% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smart Sand Inc are URG, BSM, BTN, TGA, and WLDN.
- Visit SND's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.smartsand.com.
SND Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SND Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.36||52-week high||$3.67|
|Prev. close||$2.20||52-week low||$0.78|
|Day high||$2.39||Avg. volume||352,600|
|50-day MA||$2.56||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$1.96||Market Cap||102.27M|
Smart Sand, Inc. (SND) Company Bio
Smart Sand Partners LP focuses on the excavation, processing, and sale of industrial sand for use in hydraulic fracturing operations for the oil and gas industry. It produces Northern White frac sand, which is a preferred propant used to enhance hydrocarbon recovery rates in the hydraulic fracturing of oil and natural gas wells. The company owns and operates a sand mine and related processing facility on 1,168 contiguous acres near Oakdale, Wisconsin. Smart Sand GP LLC operates as a general partner of the company. Smart Sand Partners LP was founded in 2010 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
SND Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for SND, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Smart Sand Inc ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 836% on a DCF basis. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Smart Sand Inc ended up being:
- Smart Sand Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than merely 3.28% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than just 5.85% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SND Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SND Latest Social Stream
View Full SND Social Stream
Latest SND News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smart Sand Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SND as an investment opportunity.
Smart Sand, Inc. (SND) Q1 2021 Earnings Conference Call May 05, 2021, 10:00 ET Company Participants Josh Jayne - Finance Manager Charles Young - CEO & Director Lee Beckelman - CFO Conference Call Participants Stephen Gengaro - Stifel, Nicolaus & Company John Daniel - Daniel Energy Partners Samantha Hoh -...
On the call today we have Chuck Young, founder and Chief Executive Officer, Lee Beckelman, Chief Financial Officer and John Young, Chief Operating Officer. Before we begin, I would like to remind all participants that our comments made today will include forward looking statements, which are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results or events to materially different from those anticipated for a complete discussion of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to the company's press release and our documents on file with the SEC.
Smart Sand (SND) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 25.00% and 4.85%, respectively, for the quarter ended March 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
1Q 2021 revenue of $27.5 million 1Q 2021 total tons sold of approximately 760,000, a 24% sequential increase1Q 2021 net cash provided by operating activities of $3.9 million1Q 2021 free cash flow of $1.7 million THE WOODLANDS, Texas, May 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Smart Sand, Inc. (NASDAQ: SND) (the “Company” or “Smart Sand”), a fully integrated frac sand supply and services company, a low-cost producer of high quality Northern White raw frac sand and provider of proppant logistics solutions through both its in-basin transloading terminal and SmartSystemsTM products and services, today announced results for the first quarter 2021. Charles Young, Smart Sand’s Chief Executive Officer, stated, “Despite challenging weather conditions for the industry in February, we delivered a strong seq...
The most you can lose on any stock (assuming you don't use leverage) is 100% of your money. But if you pick the right...
SND Price Returns