Smart Sand, Inc. (SND): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SND POWR Grades
- SND scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 98.93% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SND is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- SND's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 0.57% of US stocks).
SND Stock Summary
- SND's went public 4.62 years ago, making it older than only 16.15% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.77, Smart Sand Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 2.84% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- As for revenue growth, note that SND's revenue has grown -55.28% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of only 5.91% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smart Sand Inc are AAOI, TGA, GTYH, EPZM, and URG.
- SND's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Smart Sand Inc's official web site, go to www.smartsand.com.
SND Valuation Summary
In comparison to the median Energy stock, SND's price/sales ratio is 17.65% lower, now standing at 1.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SND.
SND Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SND Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.80||52-week high||$4.16|
|Prev. close||$2.88||52-week low||$0.97|
|Day high||$2.89||Avg. volume||389,359|
|50-day MA||$2.55||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.11||Market Cap||121.34M|
Smart Sand, Inc. (SND) Company Bio
Smart Sand Partners LP focuses on the excavation, processing, and sale of industrial sand for use in hydraulic fracturing operations for the oil and gas industry. It produces Northern White frac sand, which is a preferred propant used to enhance hydrocarbon recovery rates in the hydraulic fracturing of oil and natural gas wells. The company owns and operates a sand mine and related processing facility on 1,168 contiguous acres near Oakdale, Wisconsin. Smart Sand GP LLC operates as a general partner of the company. Smart Sand Partners LP was founded in 2010 and is based in The Woodlands, Texas.
SND Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Smart Sand Inc. To summarize, we found that Smart Sand Inc ranked in the 88th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Smart Sand Inc ended up being:
- Smart Sand Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 8%; for context, that number is higher than only 4.87% of tickers in our DCF set.
- The company's cost of debt, derived from its interest coverage, tax rate, and market capitalization, is greater than only 7.44% of stocks in its sector (Energy).
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SND Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SND Latest Social Stream
View Full SND Social Stream
Latest SND News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smart Sand Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SND as an investment opportunity.
Some have more dollars than sense, they say, so even companies that have no revenue, no profit, and a record of falling...
Smart Sand ([[SND]] +17.1%) soars to its highest in two years before pulling back, after saying the Delaware state Superior Court issued a favorable verdict in its lawsuit against U.S. Well Services ([[USWS]] -22.3%) following last December's trial.In the case, Smart Sand alleged U.S. Well breached a multi-year frac sand...
THE WOODLANDS, Texas, June 04, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Smart Sand, Inc. (NASDAQ: SND) (the “Company” or “Smart Sand”) announced today that the Superior Court of the State of Delaware (the “Court”) issued a verdict in favor of Smart Sand in its lawsuit against U.S. Well Services, LLC (“U.S. Well”), a subsidiary of U.S. Well Services, Inc., following the trial that took place in December 2020. In the case, Smart Sand alleged, along with certain other related claims, that U.S. Well breached a mult
Following the market opening Thursday, the Dow traded down 0.28% to 34,502.44 while the NASDAQ fell 0.98% to 13,621.46. The S&P also fell, dropping 0.54% to 4,185.22. The U.S. has the highest number of coronavirus cases and deaths in the world, reporting a total of 33,307,940 cases with around 595,830 deaths. India confirmed a total of at least 28,441,980 cases and 337,980 deaths, while Brazil reported over 16,720,080 COVID-19 cases with 467,700 deaths. In total, there were at least 171,711,450 cases of COVID-19 worldwide with more than 3,692,580 deaths, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University. Leading and Lagging Sectors Energy shares climbed 0.3% on Thursday. Meanwhile, top gainers in the sector included Smart Sand, Inc. (NASDAQ: SND ), up 4%, and Geospace Technologies ...
Over the past three months, shares of Smart Sand (NASDAQ: SND ) fell by 15.00%. Before we understand the importance of debt, let us look at how much debt Smart Sand has. Smart Sand's Debt According to the Smart Sand's most recent financial statement as reported on May 4, 2021, total debt is at $27.72 million, with $20.65 million in long-term debt and $7.07 million in current debt. Adjusting for $11.42 million in cash-equivalents, the company has a net debt of $16.31 million. Let's define some of the terms we used in the paragraph above. Current debt is the portion of a company's debt which is due within 1 year, while long-term … Full story available on Benzinga.com
SND Price Returns