Synopsys Inc. (SNPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SNPS POWR Grades
- SNPS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 97.39% of US stocks.
- SNPS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SNPS ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
SNPS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $52,206,662,497, Synopsys Inc has a greater market value than 94.8% of US stocks.
- SNPS's current price/earnings ratio is 57.44, which is higher than 87.35% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 11.59, Synopsys Inc has a higher such ratio than 87.36% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SNPS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are EA, CDNS, REGN, BIDU, and NXPI.
- Visit SNPS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.synopsys.com.
SNPS Valuation Summary
- SNPS's price/earnings ratio is 67.5; this is 73.08% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- SNPS's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 24.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SNPS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 2.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SNPS.
SNPS Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -34.25%.
- The 2 year revenue growth rate now stands at 15.71%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 2.32%.
The table below shows SNPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SNPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SNPS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.69% of graded US stocks.
- SNPS's asset turnover comes in at 0.496 -- ranking 324th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ACM, MA, and BGSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SNPS.
The table below shows SNPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SNPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SNPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$363.00||52-week high||$391.17|
|Prev. close||$373.32||52-week low||$255.02|
|Day high||$368.85||Avg. volume||976,470|
|50-day MA||$333.62||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$323.20||Market Cap||55.53B|
Synopsys Inc. (SNPS) Company Bio
Synopsys is an American electronic design automation company that focuses on silicon design and verification, silicon intellectual property and software security and quality. Products include logic synthesis, behavioral synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis, formal verification, hardware description language (SystemC, SystemVerilog/Verilog, VHDL) simulators, and transistor-level circuit simulation. The simulators include development and debugging environments that assist in the design of the logic for chips and computer systems. In recent years, Synopsys has expanded its products and services to include application security testing. Their technology is present in self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, and internet of things consumer products. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SNPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SNPS Latest Social Stream
View Full SNPS Social Stream
Latest SNPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Synopsys Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SNPS as an investment opportunity.
Synopsys (SNPS) has entered an accelerated share repurchase agreement with Wells Fargo Bank, National Association to buy back an aggregate of $200M of its stock.Under the…
Should investors be excited or worried when a stock crosses above the 20-day simple moving average?
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced that it has entered into an accelerated share repurchase agreement (ASR) with Wells Fargo Bank, NA to repurchase an aggregate of $200 million of Synopsys stock.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced that John Koeter, senior vice president of marketing and strategy for the Solutions Group, will present at the virtual Berenberg Thematic Software Conference on March 1, 2022. The presentation will begin at 12:00 p.m. ET (9:00 a.m. PT).
Cadence Design Systems, a maker of electronic design automation software, late Tuesday beat Wall Street's targets for the fourth quarter.
SNPS Price Returns