Synopsys Inc. (SNPS): Price and Financial Metrics
SNPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$447.18||52-week high||$471.15|
|Prev. close||$446.85||52-week low||$267.00|
|Day high||$449.31||Avg. volume||852,443|
|50-day MA||$448.48||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$395.19||Market Cap||68.02B|
SNPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SNPS POWR Grades
- SNPS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.4% of US stocks.
- SNPS's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SNPS ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 23rd percentile.
SNPS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $69,960,076,658, SYNOPSYS INC has a greater market value than 96.8% of US stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 9,084.57, SYNOPSYS INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 99.79% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 12.66, SYNOPSYS INC has a higher such ratio than 92.04% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SYNOPSYS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be FFIV, AMD, OOMA, GDDY, and SUI.
- SNPS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SYNOPSYS INC's official web site, go to www.synopsys.com.
SNPS Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SNPS's EV/EBIT ratio is 197.06% higher, now standing at 60.6.
- SNPS's price/sales ratio has moved up 7.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SNPS.
SNPS Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -24.32%.
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at 31.68%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 18.01%.
The table below shows SNPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SNPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SNPS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.69% of graded US stocks.
- SNPS's asset turnover comes in at 0.496 -- ranking 324th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ACM, MA, and BGSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SNPS.
The table below shows SNPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Synopsys Inc. (SNPS) Company Bio
Synopsys is an American electronic design automation company that focuses on silicon design and verification, silicon intellectual property and software security and quality. Products include logic synthesis, behavioral synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis, formal verification, hardware description language (SystemC, SystemVerilog/Verilog, VHDL) simulators, and transistor-level circuit simulation. The simulators include development and debugging environments that assist in the design of the logic for chips and computer systems. In recent years, Synopsys has expanded its products and services to include application security testing. Their technology is present in self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, and internet of things consumer products. (Source:Wikipedia)
SNPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SNPS Latest Social Stream
View Full SNPS Social Stream
Latest SNPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYNOPSYS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SNPS as an investment opportunity.
Friday's bounce fizzled, capping a grim week, with the S&P 500 hitting three-month lows. Tesla is close to breaking, but there are some stocks trying to hold up.
Autodesk (ADSK) reported earnings 30 days ago. What's next for the stock? We take a look at earnings estimates for some clues.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced it has been recognized as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: Static Application Security Testing, Q3 2023. The report identifies the 11 most significant vendors in the static application security testing (SAST) market and evaluates them against 26 criteria grouped into three high-level categories: Current offering, Strategy, and Market presence. Synopsys' Coverity® SAST solution received the second highest score in the Current offering category and tie
Synopsys (SNPS), for the first time, exhibits compatibility between its PCIe 6.0 IP and Intel's test chip for PCIe 6.0, achieving an impressive operating speed of 64 GT/s.
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq: SNPS) today announced its collaboration with the Vietnam National Innovation Center (NIC) under the Ministry of Planning and Investment (MPI) to advance IC design talent in Vietnam, with Synopsys supporting the NIC's establishment of a chip design incubation center.
SNPS Price Returns