Synopsys Inc. (SNPS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SNPS POWR Grades
- SNPS scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 98.24% of US stocks.
- SNPS's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SNPS's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 16.83% of US stocks).
SNPS Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $50,654,940,927, SYNOPSYS INC has a greater market value than 95.65% of US stocks.
- SNPS's current price/earnings ratio is 49.06, which is higher than 88.26% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 10.23, SYNOPSYS INC has a higher such ratio than 89.02% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SYNOPSYS INC are CDNS, EA, ANET, ARGX, and LRCX.
- Visit SNPS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.synopsys.com.
SNPS Valuation Summary
- SNPS's price/sales ratio is 10.8; this is 350% higher than that of the median Technology stock.
- SNPS's price/sales ratio has moved up 6.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SNPS.
SNPS Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 142.67%.
- The year over year price growth rate now stands at 26.74%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -11.38%.
The table below shows SNPS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SNPS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SNPS has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 95.69% of graded US stocks.
- SNPS's asset turnover comes in at 0.496 -- ranking 324th of 563 Business Services stocks.
- ACM, MA, and BGSF are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SNPS.
The table below shows SNPS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SNPS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SNPS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$323.01||52-week high||$391.17|
|Prev. close||$328.02||52-week low||$255.02|
|Day high||$328.60||Avg. volume||1,002,769|
|50-day MA||$308.77||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$316.31||Market Cap||49.39B|
Synopsys Inc. (SNPS) Company Bio
Synopsys is an American electronic design automation company that focuses on silicon design and verification, silicon intellectual property and software security and quality. Products include logic synthesis, behavioral synthesis, place and route, static timing analysis, formal verification, hardware description language (SystemC, SystemVerilog/Verilog, VHDL) simulators, and transistor-level circuit simulation. The simulators include development and debugging environments that assist in the design of the logic for chips and computer systems. In recent years, Synopsys has expanded its products and services to include application security testing. Their technology is present in self-driving cars, artificial intelligence, and internet of things consumer products. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
SNPS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SNPS Latest Social Stream
View Full SNPS Social Stream
Latest SNPS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SYNOPSYS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SNPS as an investment opportunity.
In this piece, we will take a look at the 16 largest semiconductor companies by market capitalization. For more companies, head on over to 5 Largest Semiconductor Companies by Market Cap. The semiconductor industry is among the most popular and lucrative sectors in the world. With chips now starting to be heralded as the ‘new […]
Synopsys ( NASDAQ:SNPS ) Full Year 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$5.08b (up 21% from FY 2021). Net...
Synopsys' (SNPS) Q4 results reflect benefits from a solid demand for its products amid rapid adoption of Big Data, faster computation and Machine Learning.
Synopsys (SNPS) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 3.80% and 0.39%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
Q4 2022 Synopsys Inc Earnings Call
SNPS Price Returns