Sonoco Products Company (SON): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SON POWR Grades
- SON scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 90.67% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SON is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 179 days.
- SON ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 30th percentile.
SON Stock Summary
- SON's went public 36.94 years ago, making it older than 93.49% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Over the past twelve months, SON has reported earnings growth of -466.94%, putting it ahead of only 3.63% of US stocks in our set.
- The volatility of SONOCO PRODUCTS CO's share price is greater than that of just 3.72% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to SONOCO PRODUCTS CO, a group of peers worth examining would be TKR, HI, ATKR, TWNK, and PTNR.
- Visit SON's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sonoco.com.
SON Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, SON's EV/EBIT ratio is 10.32% higher, now standing at 13.9.
- Over the past 243 months, SON's price/earnings ratio has gone down 5.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SON.
SON Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -74.21%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -14.27%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.35%.
The table below shows SON's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SON's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SON has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.85% of graded US stocks.
- SON's asset turnover comes in at 1.08 -- ranking 2nd of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- PKG, GEF, and WRK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SON.
The table below shows SON's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SON Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SON Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.37||52-week high||$67.06|
|Prev. close||$61.92||52-week low||$51.52|
|Day high||$62.63||Avg. volume||555,550|
|50-day MA||$59.60||Dividend yield||3.14%|
|200-day MA||$60.08||Market Cap||6.08B|
Sonoco Products Company (SON) Company Bio
Sonoco Products is a provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and packaging supply chain services. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Hartsville, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SON Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SON Latest Social Stream
View Full SON Social Stream
Latest SON News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SONOCO PRODUCTS CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SON as an investment opportunity.
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., Nov. 22, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sonoco ThermoSafe, a unit of Sonoco (NYSE:SON) and one of the largest global providers of temperature assurance packaging, and LATAM Cargo, an international cargo airline with headquarters in Santiago de Chile, are pleased to announce a global lease agreement for the new Pegasus ULD® temperature-controlled bulk shipping container. The agreement enables pharmaceutical freight forwarders access to Pegasus ULD® containers directly from LATA
Sonoco (SON) plans to address growing demand for corner posts in Europe by unveiling a facility in Turkey.
BRUSSELS, Belgium, Nov. 17, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sonoco (NYSE: SON), a global leader in diversified packaging, plans to further expand Sonopost® cornerpost manufacturing in Europe. A new protective packaging production facility is set to open in Bursa, Turkey in November, one year after Sonoco established the first Sonopost® operation in Sochaczew, Poland. “Growing demand for our proprietary Sonopost technology created the need for a second production facility,” said Adam Wood, Vice Presiden
Sonoco Announces Agreement to Acquire Westrock''s Remaining Interest in Joint Venture: RTS Packaging
HARTSVILLE, S.C., Nov. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sonoco Products Company (NYSE: SON ) ("Sonoco" or the "Company"), a diversified global packaging leader, today announced it has entered a definitive agreement to purchase the remaining equity interest in RTS Packaging, LLC ("RTS") from joint venture partner WestRock Company ("WestRock") and one WestRock paper mill in Chattanooga, Tennessee, for $330 million in cash, subject to customary price adjustments. The valuation is approximately 6.6x adjusted EBITDA without synergies and 5x adjusted EBITDA pro forma for synergies. Sonoco also anticipates that it will be able to achieve $40 million of tax benefits from the transaction. Upon completion of the transaction, Sonoco will own 100% of RTS, formerly operated as a joint venture between So...
Expands Sustainable Fiber-based Consumer PortfolioHARTSVILLE, S.C., Nov. 09, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sonoco Products Company (NYSE: SON) (“Sonoco” or the “Company”), a diversified global packaging leader, today announced it has entered a definitive agreement to purchase the remaining equity interest in RTS Packaging, LLC (“RTS”) from joint venture partner WestRock Company (“WestRock”) and one WestRock paper mill in Chattanooga, Tennessee, for $330 million in cash, subject to customary price adj
SON Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|