Sonoco Products Company (SON): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SON POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SON ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.82% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SON is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 48 weeks.
- SON ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 18th percentile.
SON Stock Summary
- Sonoco Products Co's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.65% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, SON is more volatile than only 3.91% of stocks we're observing.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SON comes in at 17.69% -- higher than that of 87.63% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SON, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are IHT, TMX, THS, OII, and HI.
- SON's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Sonoco Products Co's official web site, go to www.sonoco.com.
SON Valuation Summary
- SON's price/sales ratio is 1.2; this is 14.29% lower than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- SON's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.2 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SON's price/earnings ratio has gone down 59.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SON.
SON Growth Metrics
- The 5 year revenue growth rate now stands at 6.14%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -59.6%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -33.24%.
The table below shows SON's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SON's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SON has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 68.54% of graded US stocks.
- SON's asset turnover comes in at 1.018 -- ranking 2nd of 11 Shipping Containers stocks.
- PKG, GEF, and DSS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SON.
The table below shows SON's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SON Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SON Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.30||52-week high||$69.83|
|Prev. close||$60.66||52-week low||$48.20|
|Day high||$60.75||Avg. volume||402,570|
|50-day MA||$63.67||Dividend yield||2.99%|
|200-day MA||$63.58||Market Cap||5.93B|
Sonoco Products Company (SON) Company Bio
Sonoco Products is a provider of a variety of consumer packaging, industrial products, protective packaging and packaging supply chain services. The company was founded in 1899 and is based in Hartsville, South Carolina.
Most Popular Stories View All
SON Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SON Latest Social Stream
View Full SON Social Stream
Latest SON News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sonoco Products Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SON as an investment opportunity.
BRUSSELS, Belgium, Sept. 24, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sonoco-Alcore S.a.r.l. announces today that due to the rapidly escalating cost of European energy it will raise prices by €50 (£50) / tonne on all recycled paperboard grades sold in the Company’s EMEA regions, effective for all shipments made on or after the 4th October 2021. “The unpredicted increases in energy costs seen across all European regions have now reached unprecedented levels and are forecast to remain high throughout the forthcom
Chilled and Frozen Food Packaging Market Positive Demand Outlook, Supportive Valuations | Amcor, Berry, Sonoco Products, Ampac Holdings
Global Chilled and Frozen Food Packaging Market Status, Trends and COVID-19 Impact Report 2021, Covid 19 Outbreak Impact research report added by Report Ocean, is an in-depth analysis of market characteristics, size and growth, segmentation, regional and country breakdowns, competitive 
Sonoco Products Company ( NYSE:SON ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw significant share price movement...
Dividends are one of the best benefits to being a shareholder, but finding a great dividend stock is no easy task. Does Sonoco (SON) have what it takes? Let's find out.
Regarding the trend, note that the strongest trend exists on the 50 day timeframe. The post Sonoco Products Co (SON): Price Now Near $63.88; Daily Chart Shows Downtrend on 50 Day Basis appeared first on ETF Daily News .
SON Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|