Sonoco Products Company (SON) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If you're seeking price stability while collecting dividends, note that SON has less volatility in its price than 93.89% of US stocks in our dividend set.
- To help you reduce price risk in your dividend portfolio, here are the dividend stocks that are least correlated with SON's price: SPOK, DEA, GILT, GLBS and SGA.
SON Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. In the case of SON, the DDM model generated by StockNews estimates a return of positive 2.2% in comparison to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Sonoco Products Co are:
- In comparison to other stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector, SON provides shareholders with a dividend yield greater than 79.73% such stocks.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector, the expected return of 2.2%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 80.41% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Out of all stocks in our universe of US-listed dividend-issuing stocks, SON has a discount rate lower than 80.41% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- Sonoco Products Co's market cap of $5 billion US dollars puts it in the mid-sized market cap class; amongst this group of stocks, its equity discount rate is lower than 71.21% of them.
SON Dividend Chart
SON Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
SON Dividends vs. Peers
|2||MERC||Mercer International Inc.||4.41%|
|4||MINI||Mobile Mini, Inc.||4.10%|
|5||ARD||Ardagh Group S.A. Common Shares||3.67%|
|6||SON||Sonoco Products Company||3.52%|
|7||PKG||Packaging Corporation of America||2.82%|
|8||GPK||Graphic Packaging Holding Company||2.26%|
|9||BMS||Bemis Company, Inc.||2.24%|
|11||SEE||Sealed Air Corporation||1.56%|
|12||SLGN||Silgan Holdings Inc.||1.38%|
|17||BERY||Berry Global Group, Inc.||0.00%|
|18||UFPT||UFP Technologies, Inc.||0.00%|
|19||PTVE||Pactiv Evergreen Inc.||0.00%|
|20||MPSX||Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited||0.00%|
|21||CCK||Crown Holdings, Inc.||0.00%|