Sonoco Products Company (SON) Dividends
Dividend Yield and Dividend History Highlights
- If price volatilty is something you're paying attention to when building your dividend portfolio, know that SON has less fluctuation in its price than 84.56% of stocks we're observing.
- As for stocks whose price is uncorrelated with SON's price and thus may be suitable peers for a diversified dividend portfolio, check out the following: PEI, TBNK, AVA, VEON and AHC.
SON Price Forecast Based on Dividend Discount Model
|Current Price||DDM Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
For dividend yielding stocks, the Dividend Discount Model (DDM) is a common valuation tool; it attempts to extrapolate a fair share price based primarily on the dividend the stock provides relative to a number of other quantiative aspects of its business. In the case of SON, the DDM model, as implemented by StockNews, implies a negative return of 13.47% relative to its current price. Some interesting points we thought investors may wish to consider regarding the dividend discount model forecast for Sonoco Products Co are:
- As for its position relative to other Consumer Cyclical stocks that issue dividends, Sonoco Products Co offers a higher dividend yield than 82.67% of them.
- In comparison to other US listed dividend yielding stocks in the Consumer Cyclical sector, the expected return of -13.47%, based on the stock's current share price and target price based on a dividend discount model, is greater than 79.33% of the DDM-forecasted return of its its sector peers.
- Compared to all dividend issuing stocks in our set, SON has a discount rate lower than 79.33% of them (a lower discount rate is associated with lower risk).
- With a market cap of roughly $6 billion, SON is in the mid-sized market cap class; amongst this group of stocks, its equity discount rate is lower than 70.77% of them.
SON Dividend Chart
SON Dividend History
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
SON Dividends vs. Peers
|3||MINI||Mobile Mini, Inc.||4.10%|
|4||SEOAY||Stora Enso Oyj||3.61%|
|6||ARD||Ardagh Group S.A. Common Shares||3.39%|
|7||PKG||Packaging Corporation of America||2.85%|
|8||SON||Sonoco Products Company||2.79%|
|9||BMS||Bemis Company, Inc.||2.24%|
|10||MERC||Mercer International Inc.||2.09%|
|12||GPK||Graphic Packaging Holding Company||1.72%|
|13||SEE||Sealed Air Corporation||1.44%|
|14||SLGN||Silgan Holdings Inc.||1.31%|
|19||BERY||Berry Global Group, Inc.||0.00%|
|20||UFPT||UFP Technologies, Inc.||0.00%|
|21||KSHB||KushCo Holdings, Inc.||0.00%|
|22||PTVE||Pactiv Evergreen Inc.||0.00%|
|23||MPSX||Multi Packaging Solutions International Limited||0.00%|
|24||CCK||Crown Holdings, Inc.||0.00%|