Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc. (SPCE): Price and Financial Metrics
SPCE Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$2.34||52-week high||$6.61|
|Prev. close||$2.23||52-week low||$1.38|
|Day high||$2.35||Avg. volume||14,453,193|
|50-day MA||$1.78||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.32||Market Cap||935.33M|
SPCE Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPCE POWR Grades
- SPCE scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 82.73% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SPCE is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SPCE's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 0.14% of US stocks).
SPCE Stock Summary
- With a price/sales ratio of 147.22, VIRGIN GALACTIC HOLDINGS INC has a higher such ratio than 98.44% of stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SPCE's revenue has grown 206.82% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 97.18% of US companies in our set.
- VIRGIN GALACTIC HOLDINGS INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -67.42%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 8.38% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to VIRGIN GALACTIC HOLDINGS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be SABS, SMR, ADAP, ONTX, and OGEN.
- Visit SPCE's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.virgingalactic.com.
SPCE Valuation Summary
- SPCE's EV/EBIT ratio is -1.7; this is 110.97% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- Over the past 74 months, SPCE's EV/EBIT ratio has gone NA NA.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SPCE.
SPCE's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SPCE has a Quality Grade of F, ranking ahead of 4.53% of graded US stocks.
- SPCE's asset turnover comes in at 0.001 -- ranking 135th of 137 Transportation stocks.
- USAK, ASC, and PSHG are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SPCE.
The table below shows SPCE's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Virgin Galactic Holdings Inc. (SPCE) Company Bio
Virgin Galactic Holdings, Inc. operates as a holding company, which engages in the business of owning and operating privately built spaceships. It designs spaceships which can fly anyone to space safely without the need for expertise or exhaustive time consuming training. The company develops passenger carrying manned spacecraft. The company was founded on May 5, 2017 and is headquartered in Las Cruces, NM
SPCE Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPCE Latest Social Stream
View Full SPCE Social Stream
Latest SPCE News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about VIRGIN GALACTIC HOLDINGS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPCE as an investment opportunity.
T-Mobile stock is in the news Wednesday as investors in TMUS react to company President and CEO Michael Sievert selling shares.
PaxMedica stock is heading higher on Wednesday as a public offering for shares of PXMD closes and the company's shares see heavy trading.
Morgan Stanley has downgraded shares of SPCE stock to "underweight."
Coinbase (COIN) shares rally as crypto investors pull out of Binance (BNB-USD) after CEO Changpeng "CZ" Zhao pled guilty to criminal charges surrounding money laundering and violating US sanctions Meanwhile, Virgin Galactic (SPCE) shares fell after Morgan Stanley downgraded the spaceflight company from "Equal Weight" to "Underweight" based on a lack of near-term revenue-generating flights or catalysts for the share price. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode of Yahoo Finance Live.
Virgin Galactic Holdings (NYSE: SPCE) has accomplished a lot in 2023, but investors are more focused on the difficulties that lie ahead. Virgin Galactic has had its shares of ups and downs during its short time as a public company. The stock soared in 2020 and 2021 on investor excitement about the potential for space tourism but fell back to Earth as the complexity of routinely shuttling tourists into orbit became clear.
SPCE Price Returns