Spotify Technology S.A. (SPOT): Price and Financial Metrics
SPOT Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $49,780,604,188, Spotify Technology SA has a greater market value than 95.02% of US stocks.
- Spotify Technology SA's stock had its IPO on April 3, 2018, making it an older stock than merely 8.94% of US equities in our set.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Spotify Technology SA is higher than 97.39% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Spotify Technology SA, a group of peers worth examining would be GLW, ATVI, KEYS, NIO, and TRMB.
- SPOT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Spotify Technology SA's official web site, go to www.spotify.com.
SPOT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SPOT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$265.16||52-week high||$387.44|
|Prev. close||$261.71||52-week low||$136.62|
|Day high||$271.63||Avg. volume||1,533,078|
|50-day MA||$292.60||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$283.75||Market Cap||47.53B|
Spotify Technology S.A. (SPOT) Company Bio
Spotify AB provides a digital music-streaming service that gives on-demand access of songs on devices, computers, mobiles, tablets, and home entertainment systems. Its services allow subscribers to search and discover music collections of friends, artists, and celebrities; build a personal collection playlist; and share music on Spotify, Facebook, Twitter, blog, and via email with friends. It also offers research and development services in Sweden. The company was founded in 2008 and is based in Stockholm, Sweden. Spotify AB operates as a subsidiary of Spotify Limited.
SPOT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Spotify Technology SA. To summarize, we found that Spotify Technology SA ranked in the 8th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 96%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Spotify Technology SA, consider:
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 1% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than only 8.45% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- Spotify Technology SA's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at -0.39. This coverage rate is greater than that of just 23.91% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Spotify Technology SA experienced a tax rate of about 39% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Technology), this tax rate is higher than 92.42% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SPOT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SPOT Latest Social Stream
View Full SPOT Social Stream
Latest SPOT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Spotify Technology SA that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SPOT as an investment opportunity.
Facebook’s users will soon be able to listen to music hosted on Spotify while browsing. Project Boombox is the new initiative by the networking giant that cements the growing ties between the two companies. According to TechCrunch, Facebook users will soon be able to listen to songs and playlists without being externally linked to the music and podcast giant. According to Techcrunch, Facebook (FB) plans to build an audio player that will link directly to the Spotify (SPOT) app or website. The integration will support both music and podcasts, with trials already started in Mexico and Thailand.
The world's largest audio streaming giant, Spotify (NYSE: SPOT), recently announced the launch of Car Thing, a smart player designed for the car. Following the April 13 announcement, Spotify's stock price jumped as much as 5% on the day, suggested the move pleased investors. Car Thing is a smart player designed specifically for car rides that allows users to easily control the audio while on the road.
A policy executive will represent Alphabet Inc’s (NASDAQ; GOOGL) (NASDAQ: GOOG ) Google on Wednesday’s Senate app store antitrust hearing, Bloomberg reports . Senior Director of Government Affairs and Public Policy Wilson White will represent Google. Chief Compliance Officer Kyle Andeer will represent Apple. Horacio Gutierrez, Kirsten Daru, and Jared Sine will represent Spotify Technology SA (NYSE: SPOT ), Tile, and Match Group Inc’s (NASDAQ: MTCH ), respectively, as witnesses in the hearing. Consumer Federation of America, director of research, Mark Cooper, will also be a part of the hearing. Spotify and Match had Full story available on Benzinga.com
Apple Inc is fighting to retain control of the fast-growing podcasting market it popularized years ago but did not monetize, analysts and industry experts told Reuters. Nearly 16 years after Apple added the ability to find podcasts -- a portmanteau of "iPod" and "broadcasting" coined by a Guardian journalist -- to its iTunes software, the iPhone maker now seeks to court podcast creators with new subscription and creator tools, and fend off competition from streaming audio company Spotify. Apple announced on Tuesday it will launch Apple Podcast subscriptions, which will let users pay to unlock new content and additional benefits like ad-free listening, said Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook during the presentation.
(Reuters) -Apple Inc is fighting to retain control of the fast-growing podcasting market it popularized years ago but did not monetize, analysts and industry experts told Reuters. Nearly 16 years after Apple added the ability to find podcasts -- a portmanteau of "iPod" and "broadcasting" coined by a Guardian journalist -- to its iTunes software, the iPhone maker now seeks to court podcast creators with new subscription and creator tools, and fend off competition from streaming audio company Spotify. Apple announced on Tuesday it will launch Apple Podcast subscriptions, which will let users pay to unlock new content and additional benefits like ad-free listening, said Apple Chief Executive Tim Cook during the presentation.
SPOT Price Returns