Square Inc. Cl A (SQ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SQ POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SQ ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 98.9% of US stocks.
- SQ's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 206 days.
- SQ's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 5.1% of US stocks).
SQ Stock Summary
- SQ has a higher market value than 97.39% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $89,766,822,172.
- SQ's current price/earnings ratio is 250.74, which is higher than 96.98% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Square Inc is higher than 99.26% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SQ, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ZM, NOW, JD, REGN, and MU.
- Visit SQ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.squareup.com.
SQ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SQ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$207.85||52-week high||$283.19|
|Prev. close||$197.13||52-week low||$76.02|
|Day high||$208.30||Avg. volume||10,733,068|
|50-day MA||$235.00||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$203.95||Market Cap||94.49B|
Square Inc. Cl A (SQ) Company Bio
Square Inc. is a software company offering solutions ranging from payments and point-of-sale services to financial and marketing services. It offers a free software app with its hardware to turn mobile devices into POS solutions in minutes. Square’s reader helps sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments and tools, such as the company’s Cash App, helps customers send money to family and friends instantly. Jack Dorsey is CEO and Chairman of Square which was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with over 5,400 employees.
SQ Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Square Inc. To summarize, we found that Square Inc ranked in the 15th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SQ, they are:
- In the past 4.31 years, Square Inc has a compound free cash flow growth rate of 0.52%; that's better than 75.77% of cash flow producing equities in the Technology sector, where it is classified.
- 97% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 85.62% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 3% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 14.34% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SQ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SQ Latest Social Stream
View Full SQ Social Stream
Latest SQ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Square Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SQ as an investment opportunity.
NIO Inc. (NYSE: NIO ), Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ ) and Tesla, Inc. (NASDAQ: TSLA ) have been trending lower recently and these downtrends may continue. All three have broken important support levels. Support is a large concentration of buyers who have gathered at the same price. Sometimes, when stocks fall to support … Full story available on Benzinga.com
Summary List Placement Elon Musk's reversal on allowing Tesla accept bitcoin as payment sent shockwaves across the digital asset ecosystem, and is "very surprising and confusing", not only to cryptocurrency enthusiasts but to Tesla shareholders, Wedbush's Dan Ives said in a note Thursday. "For Tesla and the stock, not accepting bitcoin does not change the thesis or growth trajectory for the EV story, however, it does add to the noise and volatility around the name at a time in which risk assets are under enormous selling pressure on the Street with Tesla leading the charge," Ives wrote. Musk's Twitter announcement saying Tesla has suspended vehicle purchases using bitcoin just came three months after the company invested billions in the cryptocurrency and accept it as payment for its el...
Square Inc. said Thursday that it would begin allowing developers to build on top of the Square Online platform. The company announced at its Unboxed developer conference that its new Snippets API function would let developers make plugins to enhance the online-shopping experience. "The ability to build extensions for Square Online was one of the most requested developer features over the past year due to the rapid growth of online selling," the company said in a blog post. Square Online has seen its number of active sellers more than double each quarter since the beginning of 2020, according to the release. The company also announced new application programming interfaces (APIs) for loyalty rewards programs and web payments. Square shares are off nearly 4% in Thursday afternoon trading...
Bitcoin is still a good investment even if Tesla CEO Elon Musk voices concern about how it's mind, argues one crypto CEO.
Square stock bulls focus on Cash App as its merchant business rebounds amid Covid-19. Here's what technical and fundamental analysis says about buying SQ stock.
SQ Price Returns