Block Inc. (SQ): Price and Financial Metrics
SQ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$41.90||52-week high||$89.97|
|Prev. close||$43.19||52-week low||$41.49|
|Day high||$43.29||Avg. volume||12,285,484|
|50-day MA||$57.83||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$65.90||Market Cap||25.56B|
SQ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SQ POWR Grades
- SQ scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 96.67% of US stocks.
- SQ's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 177 days.
- SQ's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 12.62% of US stocks).
SQ Stock Summary
- SQ has a higher market value than 92.13% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $27,276,506,544.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 306.22, BLOCK INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 90.63% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SQ is currently 58.18, higher than 94.72% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SQ, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ANSS, DV, QTWO, ADSK, and NBIX.
- Visit SQ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.squareup.com.
SQ Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SQ's price/sales ratio is 46.15% lower, now standing at 1.4.
- Over the past 95 months, SQ's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 70.4.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SQ.
SQ Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -46.19%.
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -125%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at 40.31%.
The table below shows SQ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SQ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SQ has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 13.6% of graded US stocks.
- SQ's asset turnover comes in at 1.368 -- ranking 63rd of 563 Business Services stocks.
- CAI, TRIP, and TRUE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SQ.
The table below shows SQ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Block Inc. (SQ) Company Bio
Square Inc. is a software company offering solutions ranging from payments and point-of-sale services to financial and marketing services. It offers a free software app with its hardware to turn mobile devices into POS solutions in minutes. Square’s reader helps sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments and tools, such as the company’s Cash App, helps customers send money to family and friends instantly. Jack Dorsey is CEO and Chairman of Square which was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with over 5,400 employees.
SQ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SQ Latest Social Stream
View Full SQ Social Stream
Latest SQ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLOCK INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SQ as an investment opportunity.
A Bull Market Is Coming: 2 Phenomenal Growth Stocks to Buy Before They Soar 93% and 127%, According to Wall Street
Despite the market's backward slide in September, Wall Street sees substantial upside for these two growth stocks.
Block (SQ) launches Tap to Pay on Android for sellers in Canada, which is likely to boost its presence in the contactless payment space.
If you are looking to make the most of the growth of the fintech sector, here are the three hot fintech stocks to buy.
Like diamonds in the rough, these undervalued stocks possess the potential to shine brightly in an investment portfolio.
TORONTO, September 27, 2023--Square today launched Tap to Pay on Android for sellers across Canada. The new technology enables businesses to securely accept credit card contactless payments with a compatible Android device, at no additional cost.
SQ Price Returns