Block Inc. (SQ): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SQ POWR Grades
- SQ scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 72% of US stocks.
- SQ's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SQ ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 5th percentile.
SQ Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $32,454,748,704, BLOCK INC has a greater market value than 93.67% of US stocks.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for BLOCK INC is higher than 92.01% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, BLOCK INC is reporting a growth rate of -170.28%; that's higher than just 9.45% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to BLOCK INC, a group of peers worth examining would be NET, SHOP, PTC, ESTC, and HUBS.
- Visit SQ's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.squareup.com.
SQ Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SQ's price/sales ratio is 16.67% lower, now standing at 2.
- SQ's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 51.9 over the prior 84 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SQ.
SQ Growth Metrics
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 25.74%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 40.31%.
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 301.5%.
The table below shows SQ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SQ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SQ has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 13.6% of graded US stocks.
- SQ's asset turnover comes in at 1.368 -- ranking 63rd of 563 Business Services stocks.
- CAI, TRIP, and TRUE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SQ.
The table below shows SQ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SQ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SQ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.15||52-week high||$270.16|
|Prev. close||$62.41||52-week low||$53.71|
|Day high||$62.71||Avg. volume||17,975,736|
|50-day MA||$71.30||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$96.84||Market Cap||36.05B|
Block Inc. (SQ) Company Bio
Square Inc. is a software company offering solutions ranging from payments and point-of-sale services to financial and marketing services. It offers a free software app with its hardware to turn mobile devices into POS solutions in minutes. Square’s reader helps sellers accept chip cards and NFC payments and tools, such as the company’s Cash App, helps customers send money to family and friends instantly. Jack Dorsey is CEO and Chairman of Square which was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California with over 5,400 employees.
Most Popular Stories View All
SQ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SQ Latest Social Stream
View Full SQ Social Stream
Latest SQ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about BLOCK INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SQ as an investment opportunity.
Square stock bulls focus on its Cash App and Afterpay synergies but bears worry over Bitcoin and a possible recession.
Cathie Wood stocks are due for another big reversal in 2023.
Traders betting against Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest have had a lucrative run this year.
BTRS Holdings Inc. (BTRS) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume. The latest trend in earnings estimate revisions for the stock doesn't suggest further strength down the road.
TORONTO, September 29, 2022--Today Afterpay, the leader in "Buy Now, Pay Later" (BNPL) payments, announced its Canadian partnership with Sephora Canada, the leading prestige omni beauty retailer. Canadian customers now have the flexibility to pay in four instalments when shopping for their favourite beauty brands and products online.
SQ Price Returns