STAAR Surgical Company (STAA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STAA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where STAA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STAA is in Growth, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- STAA's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 20.84% of US stocks).
STAA Stock Summary
- STAA's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 782.21 -- higher than 95.06% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- STAA's current price/earnings ratio is 567.3, which is higher than 98.47% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for STAA is currently 174.5, higher than 97.62% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to STAA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KRNT, TDC, CSPI, ARCE, and AMPH.
- STAA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Staar Surgical Co's official web site, go to www.staar.com.
STAA Valuation Summary
- STAA's EV/EBIT ratio is 443.7; this is 1454.12% higher than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STAA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 447.1.
- Over the past 243 months, STAA's price/sales ratio has gone up 38.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STAA.
STAA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STAA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$127.76||52-week high||$161.71|
|Prev. close||$131.88||52-week low||$45.47|
|Day high||$131.32||Avg. volume||611,639|
|50-day MA||$139.36||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$105.69||Market Cap||5.99B|
STAAR Surgical Company (STAA) Company Bio
STAAR Surgical Company designs, develops, manufactures, and sells implantable lenses for the eye, and delivery systems to deliver lenses into the eye. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Monrovia, California.
STAA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Staar Surgical Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Staar Surgical Co ranked in the 69th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 98.83%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Staar Surgical Co, consider:
- STAA's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 62.54% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Healthcare), Staar Surgical Co has a reliance on debt greater than just 4.59% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STAA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STAA Latest Social Stream
View Full STAA Social Stream
Latest STAA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Staar Surgical Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STAA as an investment opportunity.
Using technical analysis of the charts of those stocks, and, when appropriate, recent actions and grades from TheStreet's Quant Ratings, we zero in on five names. While we will not be weighing in with fundamental analysis, we hope this piece will give investors interested in stocks on the way down a good starting point to do further homework on the names. Staar Surgical Co. recently was downgraded to Hold with a C+ rating by TheStreet's Quant Ratings.
Growth stocks might grab headlines and excite the market, but sometimes they end up deflating just as quickly as they climbed. In contrast, value stocks are perfect for cautious investors because they tend to have business models that have stood the test of time. Since the start of the pandemic, Retractable Technologies (NYSEMKT: RVP) has been on a tear.
STAAR Surgical (STAA) has been struggling lately, but the selling pressure may be coming to an end soon.
LAKE FOREST, Calif., July 21, 2021--STAAR Surgical Company (NASDAQ: STAA), a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of implantable lenses and companion delivery systems for the eye, today announced that it will release financial results for the second quarter ended July 2, 2021 on Wednesday, August 4, 2021 after the market close.
Does Staar Surgical (STAA) have what it takes to be a top stock pick for momentum investors? Let's find out.
STAA Price Returns