STAAR Surgical Company (STAA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STAA POWR Grades
- STAA scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 92.87% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STAA is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- STAA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
STAA Stock Summary
- STAA's current price/earnings ratio is 165.67, which is higher than 96.26% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Staar Surgical Co is higher than 95.13% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 196.89%, Staar Surgical Co's debt growth rate surpasses 94.45% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Staar Surgical Co are PRLB, CPRX, ASPN, ECOM, and ITCI.
- Visit STAA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.staar.com.
STAA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, STAA's price/earnings ratio is 865.48% higher, now standing at 352.4.
- Over the past 243 months, STAA's price/sales ratio has gone up 34.6.
- STAA's price/sales ratio has moved up 34.6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STAA.
STAA Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 433.68%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 410.75%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 474.08%.
The table below shows STAA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STAA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STAA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.6% of graded US stocks.
- STAA's asset turnover comes in at 0.762 -- ranking 41st of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- NVNO, ADMT, and BLFS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STAA.
The table below shows STAA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STAA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STAA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$72.70||52-week high||$163.08|
|Prev. close||$75.15||52-week low||$49.03|
|Day high||$76.79||Avg. volume||501,965|
|50-day MA||$62.97||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$86.37||Market Cap||3.48B|
STAAR Surgical Company (STAA) Company Bio
STAAR Surgical Company designs, develops, manufactures, and sells implantable lenses for the eye, and delivery systems to deliver lenses into the eye. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Monrovia, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
STAA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STAA Latest Social Stream
View Full STAA Social Stream
Latest STAA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Staar Surgical Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STAA as an investment opportunity.
STAAR Surgical (STAA +11.7%) stock rose following its earnings results, where Q4 net sales grew 28% Y/Y to $59M. The company said the increase was driven by ICL sales and unit growth of 33% and 36%, respectively, as compared to the prior year period. Other product sales decreased 3% compared to...
It's only natural that many investors, especially those who are new to the game, prefer to buy shares in 'sexy' stocks...
STAAR Surgical press release (NASDAQ:STAA): Q4 Non-GAAP EPS of $0.19 beats by $0.03.Revenue of $59M (+28.3% Y/Y) misses by $0.21M.
LAKE FOREST, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--STAAR Surgical Company (NASDAQ: STAA), a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of implantable lenses and companion delivery systems for the eye, today reported financial results for the fourth quarter and fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. Fourth Quarter 2021 Overview Net Sales of $59.0 Million Up 28% from the Prior Year Quarter ICL Sales of $53.0 Million Up 33% from the Prior Year Quarter ICL Units Up 36% from the Prior Year Quarter Gross Margin a
Staar Surgical (STAA) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 18.75% and 0.50%, respectively, for the quarter ended December 2021. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
STAA Price Returns