STAAR Surgical Company (STAA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STAA POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where STAA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 90.13% of US stocks.
- STAA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- STAA's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 7.15% of US stocks).
STAA Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 84.5, STAAR SURGICAL CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about 94.27% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for STAAR SURGICAL CO is higher than 95.02% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- STAA's price/sales ratio is 11.44; that's higher than the P/S ratio of 90.26% of US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STAAR SURGICAL CO, a group of peers worth examining would be OMCL, RGEN, OSS, TECH, and SPSC.
- STAA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STAAR SURGICAL CO's official web site, go to www.staar.com.
STAA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, STAA's EV/EBIT ratio is 973.68% higher, now standing at 81.6.
- STAA's price/sales ratio has moved up 12 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STAA.
STAA Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 197.1%.
- The year over year revenue growth rate now stands at 35.69%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 203.45%.
The table below shows STAA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STAA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STAA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 92.6% of graded US stocks.
- STAA's asset turnover comes in at 0.762 -- ranking 41st of 186 Medical Equipment stocks.
- NVNO, ADMT, and BLFS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STAA.
The table below shows STAA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STAA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STAA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.86||52-week high||$112.27|
|Prev. close||$61.04||52-week low||$49.03|
|Day high||$61.60||Avg. volume||477,378|
|50-day MA||$69.26||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$73.31||Market Cap||2.89B|
STAAR Surgical Company (STAA) Company Bio
STAAR Surgical Company designs, develops, manufactures, and sells implantable lenses for the eye, and delivery systems to deliver lenses into the eye. The company was founded in 1982 and is based in Monrovia, California.
Most Popular Stories View All
STAA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STAA Latest Social Stream
View Full STAA Social Stream
Latest STAA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STAAR SURGICAL CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STAA as an investment opportunity.
LAKE FOREST, Calif., November 17, 2022--STAAR Surgical Company (NASDAQ: STAA), a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of implantable lenses for the eye, today announced the opening of the first company-operated EVO Experience Center. The center is located at STAAR’s corporate headquarters in Lake Forest, California within close proximity to Orange County’s John Wayne Airport (SNA).
STAAR Surgical Company ( NASDAQ:STAA ), might not be a large cap stock, but it saw a double-digit share price rise of...
Investors need to pay close attention to STAAR (STAA) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
Staar Surgical (STAA) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 76.19% and 1.97%, respectively, for the quarter ended September 2022. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
LAKE FOREST, Calif., November 02, 2022--STAAR Surgical Company (NASDAQ: STAA), a leading developer, manufacturer and marketer of implantable lenses and companion delivery systems for the eye, today reported financial results for the third quarter ended September 30, 2022.
STAA Price Returns