iStar Inc. (STAR): Price and Financial Metrics
STAR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$55.32||52-week high||$55.68|
|Prev. close||$7.48||52-week low||$6.55|
|Day high||$55.68||Avg. volume||1,102,948|
|50-day MA||$8.04||Dividend yield||3.28%|
|200-day MA||$10.74||Market Cap||4.80B|
STAR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STAR POWR Grades
- STAR scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 83.46% of US stocks.
- STAR's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving up over the last 155 days.
- STAR's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 7.78% of US stocks).
STAR Stock Summary
- STAR's current price/earnings ratio is 1.59, which is higher than just 1.64% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for ISTAR INC is higher than it is for about 97.73% of US stocks.
- ISTAR INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 182.31%, greater than the shareholder yield of 98.63% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to ISTAR INC are ETRN, ASTL, MFA, SLG, and NMM.
- STAR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit ISTAR INC's official web site, go to www.istar.com.
STAR Valuation Summary
- STAR's EV/EBIT ratio is 2; this is 92.4% lower than that of the median Real Estate stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STAR's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STAR.
STAR Growth Metrics
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at 110.56%.
- The 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 655.73%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 14.75%.
The table below shows STAR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STAR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STAR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 6.19% of graded US stocks.
- STAR's asset turnover comes in at 0.117 -- ranking 173rd of 444 Trading stocks.
- GLAE, LAZ, and HASI are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STAR.
The table below shows STAR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
iStar Inc. (STAR) Company Bio
istar Financial finances, invests in and develops real estate and real estate related projects as part of its fully-integrated investment platform. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in New York, New York.
Most Popular Stories View All
STAR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STAR Latest Social Stream
View Full STAR Social Stream
Latest STAR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about ISTAR INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STAR as an investment opportunity.
Safehold Enters into Joint Venture with Sovereign Wealth Fund
Safehold Inc. (NYSE: SAFE) announced today that it has entered into a joint venture arrangement with a sovereign wealth fund focused on new acquisitions for certain ground lease investments. Safehold committed approximately $275 million for a 55% interest in the joint venture, and a sovereign wealth fund committed approximately $225 million for a 45% interest in the joint venture.
iStar Announces Final Consolidation Ratio in Connection with Safehold Merger
iStar Inc. (NYSE:STAR) announced today the final consolidation ratio that will be used in the reverse split of iStar common stock that will occur immediately prior to the effective time of the merger of iStar and Safehold ("Safe"). In the reverse stock split, each share of iStar common stock outstanding will be consolidated into 0.160 shares of iStar common stock (the "Star share consolidation ratio"). Immediately thereafter, Safe will merge with and into iStar, with iStar as the surviving corpo
N-able Set to Join S&P SmallCap 600
N-able Inc. (NYSE: NABL) will replace iStar Inc. (NYSE: STAR) in the S&P SmallCap 600 effective prior to the opening of trading on Monday, April 3. S&P SmallCap 600 constituent Safehold Inc. (NYSE: SAFE) is acquiring iStar effective prior to the opening of trading on Friday, March 31. Immediately prior to its acquisition by Safehold, iStar will distribute shares in Star Holdings (NASD:STHO). Star Holdings is not eligible for the S&P SmallCap 600 following the spin-off transaction as it is not re
iStar (STAR) Surges 7.9%: Is This an Indication of Further Gains?
iStar (STAR) witnessed a jump in share price last session on above-average trading volume.
iStar Announces Details for Anticipated Spin-Off in Connection with the Safehold Merger
iStar Inc. (NYSE: STAR) today announced that its Board of Directors has conditionally declared a pro rata distribution of 0.153 common shares of Star Holdings for each share of iStar common stock outstanding as of March 27, 2023, the record date for the distribution. The distribution will effectuate the previously-announced spin-off of iStar's legacy assets business. The spin-off of Star Holdings is a condition to the closing of iStar's planned merger with Safehold Inc.
STAR Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STARWant to see what other sources are saying about Istar Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Istar Inc (STAR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Istar Inc (STAR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Istar Inc (STAR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...