Stewart Information Services Corporation (STC): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STC POWR Grades
- STC scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 80.12% of US stocks.
- STC's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- STC's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 27.48% of US stocks).
STC Stock Summary
- STC's current price/earnings ratio is 7.86, which is higher than only 10.62% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.64, Stewart Information Services Corp has a higher such ratio than only 11.54% of stocks in our set.
- Over the past twelve months, STC has reported earnings growth of 114.93%, putting it ahead of 85.91% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to STC, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WIRE, SAFT, EDUC, JOUT, and LWAY.
- Visit STC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.stewart.com.
STC Valuation Summary
STC's price/sales ratio is 0.6; this is 83.33% lower than that of the median Financial Services stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STC.
STC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$59.18||52-week high||$62.44|
|Prev. close||$59.44||52-week low||$30.40|
|Day high||$60.01||Avg. volume||176,673|
|50-day MA||$58.77||Dividend yield||2.23%|
|200-day MA||$50.18||Market Cap||1.59B|
Stewart Information Services Corporation (STC) Company Bio
Stewart Information Services is a provider of real estate services, including global residential and commercial title insurance, escrow and settlement services, lender services, underwriting, specialty insurance, loan due diligence, compliance solutions, service performance management and other solutions that facilitate successful real estate transactions. The company was founded in 1893 and is based in Houston, Texas.
STC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Stewart Information Services Corp. To summarize, we found that Stewart Information Services Corp ranked in the 81th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Stewart Information Services Corp ended up being:
- STC's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 29.22% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Stewart Information Services Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 117.43. This coverage rate is greater than that of 95.23% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Stewart Information Services Corp experienced a tax rate of about 19% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Financial Services), this tax rate is higher than 85.96% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STC Latest Social Stream
View Full STC Social Stream
Latest STC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Stewart Information Services Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STC as an investment opportunity.
Stewart Information's (STC) buyout of Thomas Title & Escrow will help it expand presence in the commercial operations.
Stewart Information Services Corporation today announced the acquisition of the Thomas Title & Escrow team and offices in Scottsdale, Houston and Dallas. Since its founding in 2006, Thomas Title & Escrow has been one of the leading full-service commercial title companies, serving customers across the country.
Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE:STC) today announced that its Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $0.33 per share for the second quarter 2021, payable June 30, 2021, to common stockholders of record on June 15, 2021.
Stewart Information's (STC) Cloudvirga acquisition will help it ramp up its digital offerings and ensure a seamless end-to-end experience in real estate transactions.
Stewart Information Services Corporation (NYSE:STC), announced today its acquisition of Cloudvirga, a leading fintech company powering digital mortgages, adding an industry-leading customer engagement technology platform to the Stewart family. The addition of Cloudvirga strengthens Stewart’s positioning in the mortgage finance space and further enables Stewart’s ability to serve customers in all markets.
STC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STCWant to see what other sources are saying about Stewart Information Services Corp's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Stewart Information Services Corp (STC) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Stewart Information Services Corp (STC) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Stewart Information Services Corp (STC) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch