SunOpta, Inc. (STKL): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STKL POWR Grades
- STKL scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 96.54% of US stocks.
- STKL's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- STKL's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 19.33% of US stocks).
STKL Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -67.75%, SunOpta Inc's debt growth rate surpasses just 4.89% of about US stocks.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, SunOpta Inc is reporting a growth rate of 1,501.97%; that's higher than 98.49% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for SunOpta Inc comes in at -45.86%, a number that bests just 7.51% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to STKL, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ITP, NR, MX, HMTV, and AXU.
- Visit STKL's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sunopta.com.
STKL Valuation Summary
- STKL's price/sales ratio is 2.1; this is 27.59% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STKL's price/sales ratio has gone up $1.6.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STKL.
STKL Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STKL Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$12.88||52-week high||$17.07|
|Prev. close||$13.17||52-week low||$4.38|
|Day high||$13.24||Avg. volume||1,079,006|
|50-day MA||$13.10||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$11.46||Market Cap||1.35B|
SunOpta, Inc. (STKL) Company Bio
SunOpta sources, processes, packages, and markets natural, organic, and specialty food products in the United States, Canada, Europe, China, and Ethiopia. The company was founded in 1973 and is based in Brampton, Canada.
STKL Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STKL Latest Social Stream
View Full STKL Social Stream
Latest STKL News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SunOpta Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STKL as an investment opportunity.
By now, everyone should have access to the earnings press release that was issued this morning and is available on the Investor Relations page on SunOpta's website at www.sunopta.com. As a reminder, please note that the prepared remarks which will follow, contain forward-looking statements and management may make additional forward-looking statements in response to your questions. The company undertakes no obligation to publicly correct or update the forward-looking statements made during the presentation to reflect future events or circumstances, except as may be required under applicable securities laws.
SunOpta Inc. ("SunOpta" or the "Company") (Nasdaq:STKL) (TSX:SOY), a leading healthy food and beverage company focused on plant-based foods and beverages and fruit-based foods and beverages, today announced financial results for the first quarter ended April 3, 2021.
No longer a shunned investment category, vegan stocks can shoot higher in part due to burgeoning consumer interest and habit changes.
Healthy food and beverages provider SunOpta Inc. has acquired plant-based beverage brands Dream and WestSoy from The Hain Celestial Group. The total consideration for the acquisitions is $33 million and is to be funded primarily with a $20 million FILO term loan. SunOpta (STKL) Chief Executive Officer Joe Ennen said, “This transaction is very consistent with our previously stated objective of pursuing strong organic and inorganic growth in our plant-based business.” Ennen added, “These two brands are perfect examples of niche brands that complement but do not directly compete with, our vitally important co-manufactured partners.
By now, everyone should have access to the earnings press release that was issued this morning and is available on the Investor Relations page on SunOpta's website at www.sunopta.com. This call is being webcast and its transcription will be available on the Company's website. As a reminder, please note that the prepared remarks which will follow, contain forward-looking statements and management may make additional forward-looking statements in response to your questions.
STKL Price Returns