Steel Dynamics Inc. (STLD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STLD POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where STLD ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.49% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STLD is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 26 weeks.
- STLD's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 25.72% of US stocks).
STLD Stock Summary
- STLD has a higher market value than 89.52% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $19,009,116,452.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.4, STEEL DYNAMICS INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 8.82% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- STEEL DYNAMICS INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 10.48%, greater than the shareholder yield of 84.72% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STEEL DYNAMICS INC, a group of peers worth examining would be DGX, RE, NDSN, CTLT, and LECO.
- STLD's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STEEL DYNAMICS INC's official web site, go to www.steeldynamics.com.
STLD Valuation Summary
- STLD's EV/EBIT ratio is 3.6; this is 62.69% lower than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STLD's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STLD.
STLD Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 43.74%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 94.56%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 164.58%.
The table below shows STLD's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STLD's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STLD has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.31% of graded US stocks.
- STLD's asset turnover comes in at 1.509 -- ranking 7th of 40 Steel Works Etc stocks.
- TMST, X, and BDC are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STLD.
The table below shows STLD's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STLD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STLD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$110.04||52-week high||$110.74|
|Prev. close||$107.60||52-week low||$50.54|
|Day high||$110.74||Avg. volume||2,059,883|
|50-day MA||$92.99||Dividend yield||1.24%|
|200-day MA||$81.69||Market Cap||19.32B|
Most Popular Stories View All
STLD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STLD Latest Social Stream
View Full STLD Social Stream
Latest STLD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STEEL DYNAMICS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STLD as an investment opportunity.
The Zacks Analyst Blog Highlights Archer-Daniels-Midland, Lamb Weston Holdings, LPL Financial, HF Sinclair and Steel Dynamics
Archer-Daniels-Midland, Lamb Weston Holdings, LPL Financial, HF Sinclair and Steel Dynamics are part of The Zacks top Analyst Blog.
Here is how GoldMining Inc. (GLDG) and Steel Dynamics (STLD) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
We have narrowed our search to five large-cap growth stocks that have solid upside left for the rest of 2022. These are: ADM, LW, LPLA, DINO and STLD.
STLD and CHS made it to the Zacks Rank #1 (Strong Buy) value stocks list on November 25, 2022.
Although the market shows signs of improvement, the waters are still choppy enough for investors to focus on index funds to buy.
STLD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|