STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STM POWR Grades
- STM scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 94.39% of US stocks.
- STM's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- STM ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 62nd percentile.
STM Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $35,839,046,389, STMicroelectronics NV has a greater market value than 92.53% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 45%, STMicroelectronics NV's debt growth rate surpasses 84.29% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of STMicroelectronics NV's share price is greater than that of merely 7.91% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STMicroelectronics NV, a group of peers worth examining would be GRMN, CTAS, RMD, GLW, and ADM.
- STM's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STMicroelectronics NV's official web site, go to www.st.com.
STM Valuation Summary
- STM's price/earnings ratio is 26.4; this is 32.99% lower than that of the median Technology stock.
- STM's price/sales ratio has moved down 0.1 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, STM's price/sales ratio has gone down 0.1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STM.
STM Growth Metrics
- The year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 22.18%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 23.3%.
- The 4 year price growth rate now stands at 372.85%.
The table below shows STM's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STM Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STM Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$42.06||52-week high||$43.02|
|Prev. close||$41.90||52-week low||$26.90|
|Day high||$42.13||Avg. volume||2,215,448|
|50-day MA||$37.88||Dividend yield||0.48%|
|200-day MA||$37.65||Market Cap||38.33B|
STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) Company Bio
STMicroelectronics NV is a semiconductor company. It designs, develops, manufactures, and markets semiconductor products used in different microelectronic applications, including automotive products, consumer products and control systems and others. Chips from ST are used in a wide variety of products, including cars and key fobs, giant factory machines and data center power supplies, washing machines and hard disks, and smartphones and toothbrushes. The company has over 46,000 employees and sells its products to over 100,000 different customers worldwide. ST has 11 manufacturing sites and over 8,100 of its employees and 16% of its yearly revenue is dedicated to Research and Development. Since May 31st, 2018, the company’s President and Chief Executive Officer is Jean-Marc Chery.
STM Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for STMicroelectronics NV with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that STMicroelectronics NV ranked in the 27th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 66.5%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of STMicroelectronics NV, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 49.8 -- which is good for besting 85.42% of its peer stocks (US stocks in the Technology sector with positive cash flow).
- The business' balance sheet reveals debt to be 8% of the company's capital (with equity being the remaining amount). Approximately just 24.98% of US stocks with free cash flow have a lower reliance on debt in their capital structure.
- STM's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 40.63% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STM Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STM Latest Social Stream
View Full STM Social Stream
Latest STM News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STMicroelectronics NV that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STM as an investment opportunity.
STMicroelectronics (STM) shares have started gaining and might continue moving higher in the near term, as indicated by solid earnings estimate revisions.
STMicroelectronics Announces Status of Common Share Repurchase Program Disclosure of Transactions in Own Shares – Period from July 26, 2021 to July 30, 2021 AMSTERDAM – August 2, 2021 -- STMicroelectronics N.V. (the “Company” or “STMicroelectronics”), a global semiconductor leader serving customers across the spectrum of electronics applications, announces full details of its common share repurchase program (the “Program”) disclosed via a press release dated July 1, 2021. The Program was approve
STMicroelectronics N.V. (STM) Q2 2021 Earnings Conference Call July 29, 2021 3:30 AM ET Company Participants Celine Berthier – Group Vice President, Head of Investor Relations Jean-Marc Chery – President and Chief Executive Officer Lorenzo Grandi – President of Finance, Infrastructure and Services and Chief Financial Officer Marco Cassis –...
Shares of STMicroelectronics (STM), a global manufacturer of semiconductor products, closed 6% higher on Thursday after reporting better-than-expected Q2 results, increasing investors’ optimism. The company reported Q2 earnings per share of $0.44, which more than quadrupled year-over-year and beat analysts’ expectations of $0.37 per share. Net revenues of $2.99 billion also surpassed the consensus estimate of $2.89 billion, increasing 43.4% year-over-year. The Automotive and Discrete Group recorded a 48.2% year-over-year rise in revenue, while the Analog, MEMS, and Sensors Group’s revenue jumped 62.3%. Additionally, revenue from the Microcontrollers and Digital ICs Group surged 22.3%.
Image source: The Motley Fool. STMicroelectronics NV (NYSE: STM)Q2 2021 Earnings CallJul 29, 2021, 3:30 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorLadies and gentlemen, welcome to the STMicroelectronics Q2 2021 Earnings Results Conference Call and Live Webcast.
STM Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|