Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STRA POWR Grades
- STRA scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 86.95% of US stocks.
- STRA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- STRA's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 19.27% of US stocks).
STRA Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 30.54, Strategic Education Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about 72.24% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- STRA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of only 19.87% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 17.21%, Strategic Education Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 71.96% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Strategic Education Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be COLB, FSBW, MYFW, BSVN, and PFS.
- Visit STRA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.strategiceducation.com.
STRA Valuation Summary
- STRA's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 37.04% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STRA's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.7.
- STRA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 23.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STRA.
STRA Growth Metrics
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at 134.24%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at 267.85%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -27.9%.
The table below shows STRA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STRA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STRA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.87% of graded US stocks.
- STRA's asset turnover comes in at 0.483 -- ranking 31st of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, LOPE, and SP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STRA.
The table below shows STRA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STRA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STRA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$65.31||52-week high||$83.34|
|Prev. close||$65.79||52-week low||$48.01|
|Day high||$66.45||Avg. volume||170,068|
|50-day MA||$66.63||Dividend yield||3.65%|
|200-day MA||$64.37||Market Cap||1.63B|
Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA) Company Bio
Strategic Education Inc. provides post-secondary education services for working adults in the United States. It offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, education, health services administration, public administration, and criminal justice. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Herndon, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
STRA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STRA Latest Social Stream
View Full STRA Social Stream
Latest STRA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Strategic Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STRA as an investment opportunity.
The following slide deck was published by Strategic Education, Inc. in conjunction with their 2021 Q4 earnings call....
Good morning, everyone, and welcome to Strategic Education's conference call, in which we will discuss fourth quarter 2021 results. With us today are Robert Silberman, executive chairman; Karl McDonnell, president and chief executive officer; and Daniel Jackson, executive vice president and chief financial officer.
HERNDON, Va., February 25, 2022--Strategic Education, Inc. (Strategic Education) (NASDAQ: STRA) today announced financial results for the period ended December 31, 2021.
Strategic Education (NASDAQ:STRA shareholders incur further losses as stock declines 4.5% this week, taking three-year losses to 57%
Investing in stocks inevitably means buying into some companies that perform poorly. Long term Strategic Education...
MINNEAPOLIS, January 26, 2022--Capella University expands its Fellows Program and triples the number of nonprofit leaders to receive graduate degree scholarships.
STRA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STRAWant to see what other sources are saying about Strategic Education Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch