Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STRA POWR Grades
- STRA scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 76.62% of US stocks.
- STRA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- STRA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 19th percentile.
STRA Stock Summary
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 1.31 for Strategic Education Inc; that's greater than it is for just 16.97% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 212.2%, Strategic Education Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 95.8% of about US stocks.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for STRA comes in at -16.86% -- higher than that of only 15.06% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Strategic Education Inc are APOG, ESE, FSI, LSTR, and HAIN.
- STRA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Strategic Education Inc's official web site, go to www.strategiceducation.com.
STRA Valuation Summary
- STRA's price/sales ratio is 1.7; this is 37.04% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STRA's price/sales ratio has gone down 2.7.
- STRA's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 23.5 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STRA.
STRA Growth Metrics
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 437.8%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 340.72%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 199.91%.
The table below shows STRA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STRA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STRA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 46.77% of graded US stocks.
- STRA's asset turnover comes in at 0.483 -- ranking 32nd of 51 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, GPX, and LOPE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STRA.
The table below shows STRA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STRA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STRA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$71.88||52-week high||$101.29|
|Prev. close||$71.35||52-week low||$68.58|
|Day high||$72.67||Avg. volume||242,813|
|50-day MA||$74.94||Dividend yield||3.36%|
|200-day MA||$82.56||Market Cap||1.77B|
Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA) Company Bio
Strategic Education Inc. provides post-secondary education services for working adults in the United States. It offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, education, health services administration, public administration, and criminal justice. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Herndon, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
STRA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STRA Latest Social Stream
View Full STRA Social Stream
Latest STRA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Strategic Education Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STRA as an investment opportunity.
Presentation Times and Weblinks Released for Over 130 Presenting CompaniesWednesday and Thursday, September 22 - 23, 2021NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / September 21, 2021 / Sidoti & Company, LLC proudly releases the presentation schedule, with weblink click-throughs, for its Sidoti Fall Virtual Small Cap Investor Conference, to be held on Wednesday, September 22, 2021, and Thursday, September 23, 2021. Virtual Agenda - Wednesday, September 22nd - All Times EDT Click on Company Name to Open Link to
Workforce Edge Partners With Designer Brands, Inc. to Offer Employer-Paid Degree Options to Associates
HERNDON, Va., September 15, 2021--Workforce Edge will streamline Designer Brands, Inc.'s access to top educational programs and administer education benefits to their associates.
Strategic Education, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRA ) will pay a dividend of US$0.60 on the 13th of September. Based on this...
WASHINGTON, August 03, 2021--Strayer University names Dr. Andrea Backman as University President.
The board of Strategic Education, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRA ) has announced that it will pay a dividend of US$0.60 per share...
STRA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STRAWant to see what other sources are saying about Strategic Education Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch