Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STRA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where STRA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.22% of US stocks.
- STRA's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- STRA ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 32nd percentile.
STRA Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 39.09, STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about 84.04% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC comes in at -5.27%, a number that bests just 17.62% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, STRA is more volatile than just 18.99% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to STRA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ODC, ADUS, FC, FORR, and SMPL.
- STRA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC's official web site, go to www.strategiceducation.com.
STRA Valuation Summary
- STRA's price/sales ratio is 1.8; this is 14.29% lower than that of the median Consumer Defensive stock.
- Over the past 243 months, STRA's price/earnings ratio has gone up 6.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STRA.
STRA Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 112.75%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -33.74%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 78.96%.
The table below shows STRA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STRA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STRA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.87% of graded US stocks.
- STRA's asset turnover comes in at 0.483 -- ranking 31st of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, LOPE, and SP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STRA.
The table below shows STRA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STRA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STRA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$80.30||52-week high||$81.87|
|Prev. close||$79.96||52-week low||$48.01|
|Day high||$80.77||Avg. volume||136,527|
|50-day MA||$69.40||Dividend yield||3%|
|200-day MA||$66.43||Market Cap||1.96B|
Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA) Company Bio
Strategic Education Inc. provides post-secondary education services for working adults in the United States. It offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, education, health services administration, public administration, and criminal justice. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Herndon, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
STRA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STRA Latest Social Stream
View Full STRA Social Stream
Latest STRA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STRA as an investment opportunity.
Strategic Education, Inc.'s ( NASDAQ:STRA ) investors are due to receive a payment of $0.60 per share on 5th of...
It looks like Strategic Education, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRA ) is about to go ex-dividend in the next 4 days. The ex-dividend...
Strayer University's Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance designated as a National Center for Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense
WASHINGTON, November 17, 2022--The NSA and Department of Homeland Security has designated Strayer University’s MSISA program as a National Center for Academic Excellence.
Michael Thawley Is The Independent Director of Strategic Education, Inc. (NASDAQ:STRA) And They Just Picked Up 173% More Shares
Potential Strategic Education, Inc. ( NASDAQ:STRA ) shareholders may wish to note that the Independent Director...
Strategic Education ( NASDAQ:STRA ) Third Quarter 2022 Results Key Financial Results Revenue: US$263.1m (down 2.6% from...
STRA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STRAWant to see what other sources are saying about Strategic Education Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch