Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STRA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.39||52-week high||$98.22|
|Prev. close||$78.37||52-week low||$59.43|
|Day high||$79.95||Avg. volume||122,346|
|50-day MA||$86.33||Dividend yield||3.06%|
|200-day MA||$79.37||Market Cap||1.95B|
STRA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STRA POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where STRA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 69.44% of US stocks.
- STRA's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- STRA ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
STRA Stock Summary
- STRA's current price/earnings ratio is 51.98, which is higher than 89% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- STRA's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of merely 20.26% of US stocks.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of -21.45%, STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC's debt growth rate surpasses just 15.29% of about US stocks.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC, a group of peers worth examining would be LOPE, FORR, SXI, CWCO, and KMT.
- STRA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC's official web site, go to www.strategiceducation.com.
STRA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, STRA's price/earnings ratio is 139.63% higher, now standing at 51.4.
- STRA's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STRA.
STRA Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 286.57%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.3%.
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -13.31%.
The table below shows STRA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STRA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STRA has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 50.87% of graded US stocks.
- STRA's asset turnover comes in at 0.483 -- ranking 31st of 50 Personal Services stocks.
- CHGG, LOPE, and SP are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STRA.
The table below shows STRA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STRA Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of STRA, see our STRA price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$95.60||Average Broker Recommendation||1.62 (Moderate Buy)|
Strategic Education, Inc. (STRA) Company Bio
Strategic Education Inc. provides post-secondary education services for working adults in the United States. It offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs in business administration, accounting, information technology, education, health services administration, public administration, and criminal justice. The company was founded in 1892 and is based in Herndon, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
STRA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STRA Latest Social Stream
View Full STRA Social Stream
Latest STRA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STRATEGIC EDUCATION INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STRA as an investment opportunity.
Is Strategic Education, Inc.'s (NASDAQ:STRA) Recent Price Movement Underpinned By Its Weak Fundamentals?
With its stock down 16% over the past three months, it is easy to disregard Strategic Education (NASDAQ:STRA). It is...
University of the People Partners with Sophia Learning to Provide Low-Cost Pathways to Degree Attainment
HERNDON, Va. & PASADENA, Calif., May 02, 2023--University of the People partners with Sophia Learning to provide its students access to an affordable option to complete online gen ed courses.
Strategic Education (NASDAQ:STRA) Is Due To Pay A Dividend Of $0.60
Strategic Education, Inc.'s ( NASDAQ:STRA ) investors are due to receive a payment of $0.60 per share on 5th of June...
Strategic Education, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2023 Results
HERNDON, Va., April 27, 2023--Strategic Education, Inc. (Strategic Education) (NASDAQ: STRA) today announced financial results for the period ended March 31, 2023.
GARP With Yield And Excluding Falling Knives
A look at stocks our models find relatively attractive that provided expected earnings growth at reasonable prices, paid a dividend, and had non-negative momentum.
STRA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STRAWant to see what other sources are saying about Strategic Education Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Strategic Education Inc (STRA) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...