State Street Corp. (STT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STT POWR Grades
- STT scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 87.8% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- STT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 34.77% of US stocks).
STT Stock Summary
- STATE STREET CORP's market capitalization of $25,770,117,066 is ahead of 91.67% of US-listed equities.
- STATE STREET CORP's stock had its IPO on July 9, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.78% of US equities in our set.
- STT's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 94.49% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to STATE STREET CORP are BBD, SYF, MFC, FCNCA, and RF.
- STT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit STATE STREET CORP's official web site, go to www.statestreet.com.
STT Valuation Summary
- STT's price/sales ratio is 1.9; this is 72.73% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- STT's price/earnings ratio has moved down 9.2 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STT.
STT Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 137.93%.
- Its 4 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 80.8%.
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 84.87%.
The table below shows STT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STT has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 33.22% of graded US stocks.
- STT's asset turnover comes in at 0.037 -- ranking 238th of 428 Banking stocks.
- FCNCA, ASRV, and ACNB are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STT.
The table below shows STT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
STT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$62.56||52-week high||$104.87|
|Prev. close||$63.63||52-week low||$58.79|
|Day high||$64.00||Avg. volume||2,427,089|
|50-day MA||$70.01||Dividend yield||3.58%|
|200-day MA||$78.69||Market Cap||23.00B|
State Street Corp. (STT) Company Bio
State Street Corporation is an American financial services and bank holding company headquartered at One Lincoln Street in Boston with operations worldwide. It is the second-oldest continually operating United States bank; its predecessor, Union Bank, was founded in 1792. State Street is ranked 15th on the list of largest banks in the United States by assets. It is one of the largest asset management companies in the world with US$3.9 trillion under management and US$43.3 trillion under custody and administration. It is the largest custodian bank in the world, providing securities services and it is almost considered a systemically important bank by the Financial Stability Board. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
STT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STT Latest Social Stream
View Full STT Social Stream
Latest STT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about STATE STREET CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STT as an investment opportunity.
SAVA stock received a boost yesterday following news that the SEC had closed its case against the company.
Banks' cryptocurrency projects have been upended by U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) accounting guidance that would make it too capital-intensive for lenders to hold crypto tokens on behalf of clients, according to more than half a dozen people with knowledge of the matter. A slew of lenders including U.S. Bancorp, Goldman Sachs Group Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co, BNY Mellon, Wells Fargo & Co, Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas and State Street Corp offer or are working on crypto products and services for clients in a bid to tap in to the $1 trillion crypto market, according to their public statements and media reports.
Banks' cryptocurrency projects have been upended by U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) accounting guidance that would make it too capital-intensive for lenders to hold crypto tokens on behalf of clients, according to more than half a dozen people with knowledge of the matter. A slew of lenders including U.S. Bancorp, Goldman Sachs Group Inc, JPMorgan Chase & Co, BNY Mellon , Wells Fargo & Co, Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas and State Street Corp offer or are working on crypto products and services for clients in a bid to tap in to the $1 trillion crypto market, according to their public statements and media reports.
HarbourVest Partners, one of the city’s largest private equity firms, has agreed to take 11 floors at the One Lincoln tower that State Street Corp. will vacate next year in favor of a new skyscraper near City Hall. At more than 250,000 square feet, the agreement is the third-largest office lease to be signed in Boston since the pandemic’s arrival, behind only Amazon.com Inc.’s under-construction second tower in the Seaport District and Intersystems Corp.’s lease at the upcoming One Congress tower. State Street (NYSE: STT) is also headed to One Congress.
State Street Commits to Management Leadership for Tomorrow’s Hispanic Equity at Work Certification Program
BOSTON, September 15, 2022--State Street Corporation (NYSE: STT) today announced its commitment as an inaugural employer pursuing the Management Leadership for Tomorrow (MLT) Hispanic Equity at Work Certification. This first-of-its kind certification sets clear, measurable standards for achieving Hispanic equity internally and for contributing to Hispanic equity in society. This commitment further builds on State Street’s launch partnership and participation in the Management Leadership for Tomo
STT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|