STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST, INC. Starwood Property Trust Inc. (STWD): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
STWD POWR Grades
- STWD scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 81.41% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STWD is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 197 days.
- STWD's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 30.31% of US stocks).
STWD Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Starwood Property Trust Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 20.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For STWD, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 97.72% of US equities we're observing.
- STWD's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 97.24% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Starwood Property Trust Inc are SCI, CF, TRN, SJI, and FPI.
- Visit STWD's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.starwoodpropertytrust.com.
STWD Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STWD Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$25.36||52-week high||$26.24|
|Prev. close||$25.44||52-week low||$10.72|
|Day high||$25.55||Avg. volume||2,196,602|
|50-day MA||$24.63||Dividend yield||7.55%|
|200-day MA||$19.04||Market Cap||7.25B|
STARWOOD PROPERTY TRUST, INC. Starwood Property Trust Inc. (STWD) Company Bio
Starwood Property Trust focuses on originating, acquiring, financing and managing commercial mortgage loans and other commercial real estate debt investments. The company was founded in 2009 and is based in Greenwich, Connecticut.
STWD Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for STWD, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Starwood Property Trust Inc ranked in the 76th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. More precisely, our analysis suggests the stock is undervalued by approximately 195.5% on a DCF basis. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for STWD, they are:
- The company has produced more trailing twelve month cash flow than 88.36% of its sector Real Estate.
- 37% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 8.93% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Starwood Property Trust Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 10.44% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
STWD Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STWD Latest Social Stream
View Full STWD Social Stream
Latest STWD News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Starwood Property Trust Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STWD as an investment opportunity.
The current interest rate environment has some investors taking a closer look at mortgage REITs (mREITs) right now, and for good reason. Mortgage REITs that have maintained a strong portfolio of debt assets through the pandemic and are positioned to enjoy a nice boost in earnings over the next couple of years. Two such mREITs are Starwood Property Trust (NYSE: STWD) and Annaly Capital Management (NYSE: NLY).
Starwood Property Trust (NYSE: STWD) today announced that the Company will release its first quarter 2021 financial results on Thursday, May 6, 2021 before the opening of trading on the New York Stock Exchange. A conference call will be held on Thursday, May 6, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.
Starwood Capital Group Hires Jared Melnik as a Managing Director and Head of Hotel Acquisitions for the Americas
Starwood Capital Group ("Starwood Capital"), a global private investment firm focused on real estate and energy investments, today announced it has hired Jared Melnik as a Managing Director and Head of Hotel Acquisitions for the Americas. In his new role, Mr. Melnik will be responsible for sourcing and executing acquisition opportunities in the hospitality and leisure industries. Mr. Melnik, who will be based in the firm's New York office, began his new role on March 22nd.
Real estate investment trusts (REITs) are popular vehicles for protecting principal while gaining some interest, and maybe even growing that principal, too. REITs are required to pay out at least 90% of their income to remain REITs, but they have to have income to pay out, of course, and they’re not all the same. While all working to sustain a predictable cash flow -- when a pandemic doesn’t intervene -- REITs vary in portfolio composition as widely as they range across multiple business verticals.
Credit Suisse Stick to Their Buy Rating for Starwood Property
STWD Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STWDWant to see what other sources are saying about Starwood Property Trust Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Starwood Property Trust Inc (STWD) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Starwood Property Trust Inc (STWD) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Starwood Property Trust Inc (STWD) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch