Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ): Price and Financial Metrics
STZ Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$234.44||52-week high||$273.65|
|Prev. close||$235.86||52-week low||$208.12|
|Day high||$236.63||Avg. volume||1,163,416|
|50-day MA||$237.81||Dividend yield||1.51%|
|200-day MA||$241.39||Market Cap||43.06B|
STZ Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
STZ POWR Grades
- STZ scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 88.11% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for STZ is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- STZ's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 9.59% of US stocks).
STZ Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $44,442,808,828, CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC has a greater market value than 94.53% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.28% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC is reporting a growth rate of 159.61%; that's higher than 92.58% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC are KHC, GIS, HSY, TT, and CRH.
- STZ's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC's official web site, go to www.cbrands.com.
STZ Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Defensive stock, STZ's price/earnings ratio is 46.6% higher, now standing at 29.1.
- Over the past 243 months, STZ's price/earnings ratio has gone up 10.9.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for STZ.
STZ Growth Metrics
- Its year over year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -102.02%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at 13.8%.
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at 8.68%.
The table below shows STZ's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
STZ's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- STZ has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 77.87% of graded US stocks.
- STZ's asset turnover comes in at 0.331 -- ranking 12th of 16 Beer & Liquor stocks.
- KDP, WVVI, and EAST are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with STZ.
The table below shows STZ's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) Company Bio
Founded in 1945 by Marvin Sands in upstate New York, Constellation Brands, Inc is engaged in the beverage industry. Its core products are alcoholic drinks such as beers, wines, and other spirits. The company’s most recognizable brands include Corona Extra, Modelo Especial, Kim Crawford, Meiomi, The Prisoner, SVEDKA Vodka and High West Whiskey. Constellation’s beverages are available in approximately 100 countries and operates over 40 facilities worldwide, including the United States, Europe, and Australia. With over 8700 employees as of 2020, the company is headquartered in Victor, New York. Constellation’s current President and Chief Executive Office is Bill Newlands.
STZ Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
STZ Latest Social Stream
View Full STZ Social Stream
Latest STZ News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about CONSTELLATION BRANDS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate STZ as an investment opportunity.
VICTOR, N.Y., Dec. 08, 2023 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Constellation Brands, Inc. (NYSE: STZ), a leading beverage alcohol company, today announced a number of new leadership appointments designed to position the company for sustained and industry-leading performance over the long term. “One of the hallmarks of our company’s success over many years has been our relentless focus on continuing to find ways to position Constellation Brands for sustained and industry-leading performance,” said Bill Newlands
TD Cowen names alcohol producer Constellation Brands (STZ) as the company with the best growth story in US beer as sales of Modelo surged in 2023. TD Cowen Managing Director and Senior Research Analyst Vivien Azer joins Yahoo Finance Live to break down the current state of beer and wine consumption in the US Azer notes the decline in beer consumption and credits “intentional abstinence” by younger age groups that appear to be shifting to cannabis consumption, an industry that has seen revenue of $26 Billion. Azer sees this trend as a "dislocation" from alcohol to cannabis, which is making a dent in the alcohol market. Speaking to M&A activity, Azer notes a "reversal" for craft beer acquisitions. For more expert insight and the latest market action, click here to watch this full episode ...
Brown-Forman B (BF.B) delivered earnings and revenue surprises of 0% and 4.21%, respectively, for the quarter ended October 2023. Do the numbers hold clues to what lies ahead for the stock?
The executive noted consumers are spending more on expensive brews, helping the Modelo and Corona maker gain shelf space.
In the closing of the recent trading day, Constellation Brands (STZ) stood at $240.31, denoting a -0.68% change from the preceding trading day.
STZ Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching STZHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Constellation Brands Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Constellation Brands Inc (STZ) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch