Surface Oncology, Inc. (SURF): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SURF POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SURF ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.66% of US stocks.
- SURF's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- SURF ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 2nd percentile.
SURF Stock Summary
- Surface Oncology Inc's stock had its IPO on April 19, 2018, making it an older stock than merely 9.51% of US equities in our set.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Surface Oncology Inc is reporting a growth rate of -187.36%; that's higher than only 10.95% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SURF's revenue has grown 125.71% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 95.06% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SURF, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are AAOI, GTHX, ACET, PRQR, and ABEO.
- Visit SURF's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.surfaceoncology.com.
SURF Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Healthcare stock, SURF's price/earnings ratio is 63.53% lower, now standing at 12.4.
- Over the past 40 months, SURF's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 15.7.
- Over the past 40 months, SURF's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 15.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SURF.
SURF Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SURF Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.01||52-week high||$14.40|
|Prev. close||$6.07||52-week low||$4.87|
|Day high||$6.13||Avg. volume||1,375,210|
|50-day MA||$7.36||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$8.60||Market Cap||261.01M|
Surface Oncology, Inc. (SURF) Company Bio
Surface Oncology, Inc., a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company, engages in the development of cancer therapies. The company’s lead product candidate is the SRF231 that is in Phase I clinical trial targeting protein called cluster of differentiation (CD) 47. It is also developing SRF373 inhibiting CD73; SRF617 inhibiting CD39; and SRF388, an antibody targeting interleukin 27. The company has a collaboration agreement with Novartis Institutes for Biomedical Research, Inc. for the development of cancer therapies. Surface Oncology, Inc. was founded in 2014 and is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts.
SURF Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Surface Oncology Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Surface Oncology Inc ranked in the 3th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Surface Oncology Inc ended up being:
- The compound growth rate in the free cash flow of Surface Oncology Inc over the past 0.16 years is -0.53%; that's higher than only 2.93% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Healthcare sector.
- Surface Oncology Inc's effective tax rate, as measured by taxes paid relative to net income, is at 0 -- greater than only 0% of US stocks with positive free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SURF Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SURF Latest Social Stream
View Full SURF Social Stream
Latest SURF News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Surface Oncology Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SURF as an investment opportunity.
Pre-product biotech stocks are excellent options for this kind of controlled speculation. In that vein, let's investigate Surface Oncology (NASDAQ: SURF), which doesn't have any products on the market, nor does it have the prospect of consistent revenue on the horizon. At the moment, the best argument in favor of buying Surface Oncology is that its ducks are in a row for the next couple of years of drug development, clearing the way for its stock to grow alongside a steady drip of new data.
Are Strong Financial Prospects The Force That Is Driving The Momentum In Surface Oncology, Inc.'s NASDAQ:SURF) Stock?
Most readers would already be aware that Surface Oncology's (NASDAQ:SURF) stock increased significantly by 24% over the...
SRF388 Phase 1 Update to be Presented at American Society for Clinical Oncology Annual Meeting Company to Hold Webcast to Review Data from Ongoing SRF388 and SRF617 Phase 1 Clinical Studies on Friday, June 4th at 8:00 a.m. ET CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 28, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Surface Oncology (Nasdaq: SURF), a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company developing next-generation immunotherapies that target the tumor microenvironment, today announced that a scientific poster sharing clinical data from its Phase 1 study of SRF388 will be presented at the American Society for Clinical Oncology (ASCO) 2021 Annual Meeting, to be held virtually June 4-8, 2021. In conjunction, Surface will host a webcast on Friday, June 4, 2021 at 8:00 a.m. to review the SRF388 clinical data as well as to provid...
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 19, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Surface Oncology, a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company developing next-generation immunotherapies that target the tumor microenvironment, today announced that it has been recognized by the Boston Business Journal as one of the Best Places to Work in 2021. This exclusive distinction features Massachusetts companies that have built outstanding work environments. “This honor is a credit to every member of the Surface team. We strive to foster an environment with a strong sense of community and shared commitment to learning and working together to develop life-changing therapies for patients with cancer,” said Rob Ross, M.D., chief executive officer at Surface Oncology. “We are thrilled to be recognized as a Best Places to Work compan...
Surface Oncology Presents Promising Preclinical Data for Lead Immunotherapy Product Candidates at the American Association for Cancer Research Annual Meeting
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., April 09, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Surface Oncology (Nasdaq: SURF), a clinical-stage immuno-oncology company developing next-generation immunotherapies that target the tumor microenvironment, will present preclinical findings supporting the company’s lead product programs, SRF388 (targeting IL-27) and SRF617 (targeting CD39). These data will be presented as part of the American Association for Cancer Research (AACR) 2021 Annual Meeting, which is being held virtually April 10-15 and May 17-21, 2021. “These findings further support the biological rationale that both of our lead product candidates, SRF388 and SRF617, promote increased proinflammatory activity within the tumor microenvironment in the hopes of ultimately providing novel treatment options to patients with ca...
SURF Price Returns