Service Properties Trust (SVC): Price and Financial Metrics
SVC Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Service Properties Trust's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 5.2% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- For SVC, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 91.36% of US equities we're observing.
- Service Properties Trust's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 20.99%, greater than the shareholder yield of 91.52% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Service Properties Trust, a group of peers worth examining would be KNOP, WPG, MGP, GOGL, and DHC.
- Visit SVC's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.svcreit.com.
SVC Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SVC Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$13.20||52-week high||$19.62|
|Prev. close||$12.93||52-week low||$3.59|
|Day high||$13.23||Avg. volume||930,019|
|50-day MA||$11.64||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$9.26||Market Cap||2.18B|
Service Properties Trust (SVC) Company Bio
Service Properties Trust operates as a real estate investment trust. The Company invests in properties, as well as provides leasing and management services. Service Properties Trust serves in the State of Massachusetts.
SVC Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Service Properties Trust with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Service Properties Trust ranked in the 7th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 97%. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Service Properties Trust, consider:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 0.43; that's higher than merely 16.69% of US stocks in the Real Estate sector that have positive free cash flow.
- Its compound free cash flow growth rate, as measured over the past 5.52 years, is -0.17% -- higher than just 9.89% of stocks in our DCF forecasting set.
- 25% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 6.04% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SVC Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SVC Latest Social Stream
View Full SVC Social Stream
Latest SVC News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Service Properties Trust that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SVC as an investment opportunity.
Service Properties Trust (Nasdaq: SVC) today announced that it will issue a press release containing its fourth quarter 2020 results after the Nasdaq closes on Friday, February 26, 2021. On Monday, March 1, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time, President and Chief Executive Officer John Murray, Chief Financial Officer Brian Donley and Chief Investment Officer Todd Hargreaves will host a conference call to discuss these results.
Service Properties Trust (Nasdaq: SVC), or SVC, today announced that it has received a notice of termination from a subsidiary of Hyatt Hotels Corporation, or Hyatt, with respect to the management agreement for 22 Hyatt Place hotels owned by subsidiaries of SVC. Hyatt’s obligations under the management agreement, which requires minimum returns of $22.0 million annually, is supported by a $50.0 million limited guaranty. While Hyatt is current on its payments to SVC at this time, it recently exhausted this $50.0 million guaranty and under the terms of the management agreement, Hyatt may terminate the agreement upon 90 days’ notice once the guaranty has been fully utilized. The effective date of the termination pursuant to Hyatt’s notice is April 8, 2021.
Is Service Properties Trust (NASDAQ:SVC) a good place to invest some of your money right now? We can gain invaluable insight to help us answer that question by studying the investment trends of top investors, who employ world-class Ivy League graduates, who are given immense resources and industry contacts to put their financial expertise to […]
Service Properties Trust (Nasdaq: SVC), or SVC, today announced that it has completed the previously announced transition of branding and management for 12 hotels to Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, or Sonesta. This includes three hotels from InterContinental Hotels Group, plc, or IHG, located in Canada and Puerto Rico and nine hotels from Marriott International, Inc., or MAR.
Service Properties Trust (Nasdaq:SVC) today announced that it has completed the previously announced sale of eight TownePlace Suites branded hotels with 834 rooms and a net carrying value of $35.0 million for an aggregate sales price of $45.3 million, excluding closing costs. The proceeds from the sale will be used for the repayment of debt.
SVC Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!