ShockWave Medical, Inc. (SWAV): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWAV POWR Grades
- SWAV scores best on the Growth dimension, with a Growth rank ahead of 94.22% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWAV is in Stability, which has been heading down over the past 47 weeks.
- SWAV ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
SWAV Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 743.31, Shockwave Medical Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 95.79% of US stocks.
- With a price/sales ratio of 57.35, Shockwave Medical Inc has a higher such ratio than 95.56% of stocks in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Shockwave Medical Inc comes in at 154.49%, a number that bests 95.39% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Shockwave Medical Inc are QTRX, SAIL, UPWK, AVLR, and BIGC.
- Visit SWAV's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.shockwavemedical.com.
SWAV Valuation Summary
- SWAV's EV/EBIT ratio is -145.3; this is 595.9% lower than that of the median Healthcare stock.
- Over the past 30 months, SWAV's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 126.7.
- Over the past 30 months, SWAV's price/sales ratio has gone down 5.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWAV.
SWAV's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWAV has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.87% of graded US stocks.
- SWAV's asset turnover comes in at 0.474 -- ranking 101st of 181 Medical Equipment stocks.
- 500 - Internal server error
The table below shows SWAV's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWAV Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWAV Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$231.05||52-week high||$237.76|
|Prev. close||$221.15||52-week low||$64.24|
|Day high||$232.64||Avg. volume||391,477|
|50-day MA||$192.68||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$150.76||Market Cap||8.12B|
ShockWave Medical, Inc. (SWAV) Company Bio
Shockwave Medical, Inc. operates as a medical device company. It focuses on developing and commercializing products intended to transform the way calcified cardiovascular disease is treated. The firm offers M5 catheters for treating above-the-knee peripheral artery disease; C2 catheters for treating coronary artery disease; and S4 catheters or treating below-the-knee peripheral artery disease. The company was founded by Daniel Hawkins, John M. Adams, and Todd J. Brinton in 2009 and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWAV Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWAV Latest Social Stream
View Full SWAV Social Stream
Latest SWAV News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Shockwave Medical Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWAV as an investment opportunity.
The medical device stock is growing even quicker than investors anticipated.
Artisan Partners, a high value-added investment management firm, published its ‘Artisan Small Cap Fund’ second quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A return of 4.36% was recorded by its Investor Class: ARTSX, 4.40% by its Advisor Class: APDSX, and 4.41% by its Institutional Class: APHSX for the second […]
No summary available.
SANTA CLARA, Calif., Aug. 26, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Shockwave Medical, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWAV), a pioneer in the development of Intravascular Lithotripsy (IVL) to treat severely calcified cardiovascular disease, announced today that the company will be participating in two upcoming virtual investor conferences.
In its most recent earnings report, disruptive healthcare technology company Shockwave Medical (NASDAQ: SWAV) reported a staggering revenue increase of more than 400% from year-ago levels. In this Motley Fool Live video clip, recorded on Aug. 12, Fool.com contributor Brian Feroldi gives viewers a breakdown of the key numbers and discusses the important takeaways to keep in mind. Brian Feroldi: For those that don't know Shockwave Medical, ticker symbol is SWAV.
SWAV Price Returns