Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. (SWBI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWBI POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SWBI ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.96% of US stocks.
- SWBI's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 48 weeks.
- SWBI's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 8.5% of US stocks).
SWBI Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.16, Smith & Wesson Brands Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than only 1.06% of US stocks.
- SWBI's current price/earnings ratio is 3.68, which is higher than just 2.94% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, Smith & Wesson Brands Inc is reporting a growth rate of 2,234.73%; that's higher than 98.85% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smith & Wesson Brands Inc are XRAY, SMED, MLHR, FOE, and RL.
- Visit SWBI's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.smith-wesson.com.
SWBI Valuation Summary
- SWBI's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 66.67% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SWBI's price/sales ratio has moved down 481.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SWBI's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWBI.
SWBI Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -165.17%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 11.79%.
- The 5 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -32.65%.
The table below shows SWBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWBI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWBI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.96% of graded US stocks.
- SWBI's asset turnover comes in at 2.529 -- ranking 1st of 12 Defense stocks.
- VSTO, WRAP, and POWW are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWBI.
The table below shows SWBI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.60||52-week high||$39.61|
|Prev. close||$21.51||52-week low||$14.50|
|Day high||$21.82||Avg. volume||2,263,585|
|50-day MA||$23.28||Dividend yield||1.49%|
|200-day MA||$20.77||Market Cap||1.04B|
Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. (SWBI) Company Bio
Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. is a holding company, which engages in the manufacture, design, and provision of firearms. It operates through the Firearms and Outdoor Products & Accessories segments. The Firearms segment comprises the manufacture of handguns, long guns, handcuffs, suppressors, and other firearm-related products for sale to a wide variety of customers. The Outdoor Products & Accessories segment engages in the distribution, manufacture, and design of reloading, gunsmithing, and gun cleaning supplies; stainless-steel cutting tools and accessories; flashlights; tree saws and related trimming accessories; shooting supplies, rests, and other related accessories; apparel; vault accessories; laser grips and laser sights; and a full range of products for survival and emergency preparedness. The company was founded by Michell A. Saltz on June 17, 1991 and is headquartered in Springfield, MA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWBI Latest Social Stream
View Full SWBI Social Stream
Latest SWBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith & Wesson Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWBI as an investment opportunity.
Smith & Wesson Brands (SWBI) has seen solid earnings estimate revision activity over the past month, and belongs to a strong industry as well.
One is a sleepy stock and the other is volatile, but both are part of the never-sell portion of my portfolio.
Wasatch Global Investors, an investment management firm, published its “Wasatch Micro Cap Value Fund” second quarter 2021 investor letter – a copy of which can be downloaded here. A quarterly return of 8.78% was recorded by the fund’s investor class for the Q2 of 2021, outperforming the benchmark, Russell Microcap® Index, which returned 4.14% for the […]
A Relative Strength Rating upgrade for Smith & Wesson Brands shows improving technical performance. Will it continue?
By Peter Nurse
SWBI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|