Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. (SWBI): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWBI POWR Grades
- SWBI scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 99.85% of US stocks.
- SWBI's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 163 days.
- SWBI's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 2.51% of US stocks).
SWBI Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.79, Smith & Wesson Brands Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 4.19% of US stocks.
- SWBI's current price/earnings ratio is 2.87, which is higher than just 2.15% of US stocks with positive earnings.
- Over the past twelve months, SWBI has reported earnings growth of 362.4%, putting it ahead of 93.66% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Smith & Wesson Brands Inc are EVI, MMI, JCS, RGP, and BOOT.
- SWBI's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Smith & Wesson Brands Inc's official web site, go to www.smith-wesson.com.
SWBI Valuation Summary
- SWBI's price/sales ratio is 1.1; this is 66.67% lower than that of the median Industrials stock.
- SWBI's price/sales ratio has moved down 481.8 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SWBI's price/earnings ratio has gone up 11.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWBI.
SWBI Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -18.62%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -34.44%.
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -165.17%.
The table below shows SWBI's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWBI's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWBI has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 99.96% of graded US stocks.
- SWBI's asset turnover comes in at 2.529 -- ranking 1st of 12 Defense stocks.
- VSTO, WRAP, and KTOS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWBI.
The table below shows SWBI's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWBI Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWBI Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.25||52-week high||$39.61|
|Prev. close||$16.60||52-week low||$14.50|
|Day high||$16.72||Avg. volume||934,779|
|50-day MA||$19.28||Dividend yield||1.97%|
|200-day MA||$21.66||Market Cap||784.79M|
Smith & Wesson Brands Inc. (SWBI) Company Bio
Smith & Wesson Brands, Inc. is a holding company, which engages in the manufacture, design, and provision of firearms. It operates through the Firearms and Outdoor Products & Accessories segments. The Firearms segment comprises the manufacture of handguns, long guns, handcuffs, suppressors, and other firearm-related products for sale to a wide variety of customers. The Outdoor Products & Accessories segment engages in the distribution, manufacture, and design of reloading, gunsmithing, and gun cleaning supplies; stainless-steel cutting tools and accessories; flashlights; tree saws and related trimming accessories; shooting supplies, rests, and other related accessories; apparel; vault accessories; laser grips and laser sights; and a full range of products for survival and emergency preparedness. The company was founded by Michell A. Saltz on June 17, 1991 and is headquartered in Springfield, MA.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWBI Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWBI Latest Social Stream
View Full SWBI Social Stream
Latest SWBI News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Smith & Wesson Brands Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWBI as an investment opportunity.
Two prototypes, equipped with fingerprint readers and chips, are currently being tested and could hit the market this year. But the gun lobby is watching.
Personalized smart guns, which can be fired only by verified users, may finally become available to U.S. consumers after two decades of questions about reliability and concerns they will usher in a new wave of government regulation. Four-year-old LodeStar Works on Friday unveiled its 9mm smart handgun for shareholders and investors in Boise, Idaho. LodeStar co-founder Gareth Glaser said he was inspired after hearing one too many stories about children shot while playing with an unattended gun.
Today we'll do a simple run through of a valuation method used to estimate the attractiveness of Smith & Wesson Brands...
Watching the developments of the Covid-19 crisis, it could become endemic.
Value stocks are not always winners.
SWBI Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|