Sierra Wireless, Inc. (SWIR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWIR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SWIR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 94.4% of US stocks.
- SWIR's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 178 days.
- SWIR ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 11th percentile.
SWIR Stock Summary
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 73.39%, SIERRA WIRELESS INC's debt growth rate surpasses 85.22% of about US stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, SWIR has reported earnings growth of -79.86%, putting it ahead of merely 17.04% of US stocks in our set.
- As for revenue growth, note that SWIR's revenue has grown 52.53% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 83.15% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SWIR, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are ASTS, NTGR, ITRI, BB, and APPN.
- SWIR's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SIERRA WIRELESS INC's official web site, go to www.sierrawireless.com.
SWIR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SWIR's EV/EBIT ratio is 479.35% lower, now standing at -69.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SWIR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 54.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWIR.
SWIR Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year revenue growth rate is now at -31.06%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -14.79%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 10.73%.
The table below shows SWIR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWIR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWIR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 11.89% of graded US stocks.
- SWIR's asset turnover comes in at 0.798 -- ranking 81st of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- MU, SGH, and QUIK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWIR.
The table below shows SWIR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWIR Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of SWIR, see our SWIR price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$20.25||Average Broker Recommendation||1.7 (Moderate Buy)|
SWIR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWIR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$30.99||52-week high||$31.00|
|Prev. close||$30.98||52-week low||$13.44|
|Day high||$31.00||Avg. volume||1,521,162|
|50-day MA||$29.23||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$26.03||Market Cap||1.21B|
Sierra Wireless, Inc. (SWIR) Company Bio
Sierra Wireless provides cellular wireless solutions to the machine-to-machine and connected device markets in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Richmond, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWIR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWIR Latest Social Stream
View Full SWIR Social Stream
Latest SWIR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SIERRA WIRELESS INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWIR as an investment opportunity.
Semtech (SMTC) Expands Offerings With Sierra Wireless Buyout
Semtech (SMTC) completes the acquisition of Sierra Wireless for $1.2 billion. The acquisition is going to help Semtech strength position in the growing IoT market.
Semtech Corporation Completes Acquisition of Sierra Wireless
CAMARILLO, Calif. & VANCOUVER, British Columbia, January 12, 2023--Transaction brings together the benefits of LoRa® with higher bandwidth capabilities of cellular to create a new IoT Cloud-to-Chip systems leader
Semtech Corporation and Sierra Wireless Announce Termination of the Waiting Period Under the HSR Act
CAMARILLO, Calif. & VANCOUVER, British Columbia, January 05, 2023--Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq: SMTC) ("Semtech") and Sierra Wireless, Inc. (Nasdaq: SWIR) (TSX: SW) ("Sierra") today announced the termination of the applicable waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, as amended (the "HSR Act").
Network Devices Global Market Report 2022: Ukraine-Russia War Impact
Major players in the network devices market are Cisco Systems Inc, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, Juniper Networks Inc, Siemens AG, Tp-Link Technologies, Belkin International, ASUSTeK Computer Inc, Palo Alto Networks Inc , ADTRAN Inc, D-Link Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Company, Sierra Wireless, F5 Networks Inc, Multitech and Robustel. Major players in the network devices market are Cisco Systems Inc, Huawei Technologies Co Ltd, Juniper Networks Inc, Siemens AG, Tp-Link Technologies, Belkin International, ASUSTeK Computer Inc, Palo Alto Networks Inc , ADTRAN Inc, D-Link Corporation, Hewlett-Packard Company, Sierra Wireless, F5 Networks Inc, Multitech and Robustel.
Sierra Wireless Offers Critical Communications Solution for First Responders and Extended Public Safety Users with FirstNet
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, December 15, 2022--Sierra Wireless offers FirstNet® connectivity as part of a full device-to-cloud solution
SWIR Price Returns
Continue Researching SWIRHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Sierra Wireless Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Sierra Wireless Inc (SWIR) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sierra Wireless Inc (SWIR) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sierra Wireless Inc (SWIR) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...