Sierra Wireless, Inc. (SWIR): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWIR POWR Grades
- Growth is the dimension where SWIR ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 95.55% of US stocks.
- SWIR's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- SWIR's current lowest rank is in the Quality metric (where it is better than 17.9% of US stocks).
SWIR Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Sierra Wireless Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 27.78% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Sierra Wireless Inc is higher than it is for about merely 22.82% of US stocks.
- As for revenue growth, note that SWIR's revenue has grown 6.63% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 28.84% of US companies in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Sierra Wireless Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be DIOD, NTCT, MBII, PRGS, and NURO.
- Visit SWIR's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sierrawireless.com.
SWIR Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, SWIR's price/earnings ratio is 130.26% lower, now standing at -11.8.
- SWIR's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 8.7 over the prior 230 months.
- Over the past 230 months, SWIR's price/earnings ratio has gone down 9.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWIR.
SWIR Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -1165.06%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.77%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -36.87%.
The table below shows SWIR's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWIR's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWIR has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 11.89% of graded US stocks.
- SWIR's asset turnover comes in at 0.798 -- ranking 81st of 208 Electronic Equipment stocks.
- MU, SGH, and QUIK are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWIR.
The table below shows SWIR's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWIR Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWIR Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.46||52-week high||$21.55|
|Prev. close||$20.82||52-week low||$13.44|
|Day high||$21.55||Avg. volume||272,379|
|50-day MA||$17.43||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.74||Market Cap||822.60M|
Sierra Wireless, Inc. (SWIR) Company Bio
Sierra Wireless provides cellular wireless solutions to the machine-to-machine and connected device markets in North America, Europe, and the Asia Pacific. The company was founded in 1993 and is based in Richmond, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWIR Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWIR Latest Social Stream
View Full SWIR Social Stream
Latest SWIR News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sierra Wireless Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWIR as an investment opportunity.
Here is how Photronics (PLAB) and Sierra Wireless (SWIR) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
Your search for tickers with the potential of positive earnings surprise ends here.
Sierra Wireless, Inc. (SWIR) Q4 2021 Earnings Conference Call February 22, 2022 5:30 PM ET Company Participants David Climie – Vice President-Investor Relations Phil Brace – President and Chief Executive Officer Sam Cochrane – Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Scott Searle – Roth Capital Mike Walkley – Canaccord Genuity...
Shares of Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) were up 17.8% as of 12:46 p.m. ET on Wednesday after the company posted its first non-GAAP (adjusted) profit in more than two years. "We worked closely with our customers, partners and suppliers to deliver strong sequential and year-over-year revenue growth in the fourth quarter," CEO Phil Brace said. Sierra Wireless is a leading supplier of chips and components for the Internet of Things market.
By Sam Boughedda
SWIR Price Returns