Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWN POWR Grades
- SWN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 96.89% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWN is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SWN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.93% of US stocks).
SWN Stock Summary
- SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.81% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 4.71% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- As for revenue growth, note that SWN's revenue has grown 223.83% over the past 12 months; that beats the revenue growth of 96.13% of US companies in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SWN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are GPOR, PARR, ENLC, PLAY, and TA.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SWN's EV/EBIT ratio is 31.03% lower, now standing at 7.
- SWN's EV/EBIT ratio has moved down 6 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWN.
SWN Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -2.33%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 71%.
- Its 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 52.81%.
The table below shows SWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.93% of graded US stocks.
- SWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.687 -- ranking 27th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CPE, APA, and SD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWN.
The table below shows SWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.56||52-week high||$9.87|
|Prev. close||$5.56||52-week low||$4.14|
|Day high||$5.68||Avg. volume||21,079,744|
|50-day MA||$6.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.93||Market Cap||6.20B|
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy Co is an oil and gas company that explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas within the United States. Southwestern Energy was founded on July 2, 1929 in Arkansas under its original name, Arkansas Western Gas Company. The company’s operations in northeast Pennsylvania, referred to as “Northeast Appalachia”, are primarily focused on the Marcellus Shale, and its operations in West Virginia, Ohio, and southwest Pennsylvania, referred to as “Southwest Appalachia”, are focused on the Marcellus Shale, the Utica, and the Upper Devonian reservoirs. Bill Way serves as Southwestern Energy’s Chief Executive Officer and the company has 900 employees as of 2020. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWN Latest Social Stream
View Full SWN Social Stream
Latest SWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWN as an investment opportunity.
Top-performing energy stocks this month include PDC Energy Inc., Coterra Energy Inc., and Texas Pacific Land Corp., which have risen as much as 101% in the past year amid volatility in global oil markets and the EU's plan to cut off supplies of refined fuel from Russia. Energy stocks as a group, represented by the Energy Select Sector SPDR ETF (XLE), have climbed 45%, while the Russell 1000 Index has fallen by 13% in the past 12 months. PDC Energy Inc.: PDC is an oil, natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and production company.
Range Resources (RRC) and Southwestern Energy (SWN) were downgraded Monday to Hold from Buy at Benchmark Securities, anticipating even lower natural gas prices ahead.
Do The Numbers Tell The Whole Story? Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN) Is in red zone with the indicator reading -0.83%
(SWN) Constructed a change of -0.83% (Gain, ↑) in a total of its share price and finished it’s trading at 5.96. Southwestern Energy Company, belongs to Energy sector and Oil & Gas E&P industry. … The post Do The Numbers Tell The Whole Story? Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN) Is in red zone with the indicator reading -0.83% appeared first on Stocks Equity .
The trading price of Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN) floating lower at last check on Wednesday, January 18, closing at $5.97, -0.58% lower than its previous close. Traders who pay close attention to intraday price movement should know that it has been fluctuating between $5.95 and $6.13. The company’s P/E ratio in the trailing 12-month period … Should Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) Investors Be Concerned? Read More »
Southwestern Energy Company found using ticker (SWN) have now 20 analysts covering the stock with the consensus suggesting a rating of ''Hold''. The target price ranges between 17.5 and 6 calculating the mean target price we have 10.5. Given that the stocks previous close was at 5.73 this now indicates there is a potential upside of 83.2%. The 50 day moving average now sits at 6.46 while the 200 day moving average is 7.03. The market cap for the company is $6,037m. You can visit the company''s website by visiting: https://www.swn.com [stock_market_widget type="chart" template="basic" color="green" assets="SWN" range="6mo" interval="1d" axes="true" cursor="true" api="yf"] The potential market cap would be $11,062m based on the market concensus. Southwestern Energy Company, an independent...
SWN Price Returns