Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SWN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.64% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWN is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- SWN's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 5.49% of US stocks).
SWN Stock Summary
- SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's market capitalization of $66,796,983,009 is ahead of 97.12% of US-listed equities.
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SWN is 11.15 -- better than 97.21% of US stocks.
- Equity multiplier, or assets relative to shareholders' equity, comes in at 14.4 for SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO; that's greater than it is for 96.41% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO are IBN, MET, EOG, VALE, and DUK.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Valuation Summary
- SWN's price/earnings ratio is -69.9; this is 813.27% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- SWN's price/sales ratio has moved up 4.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWN.
SWN Growth Metrics
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at -74.47%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 425%.
- Its year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at 178.04%.
The table below shows SWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.93% of graded US stocks.
- SWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.687 -- ranking 27th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CPE, APA, and SD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWN.
The table below shows SWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.12||52-week high||$9.87|
|Prev. close||$6.10||52-week low||$3.81|
|Day high||$6.26||Avg. volume||34,620,781|
|50-day MA||$7.14||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$6.45||Market Cap||6.82B|
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy Co is an oil and gas company that explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas within the United States. Southwestern Energy was founded on July 2, 1929 in Arkansas under its original name, Arkansas Western Gas Company. The company’s operations in northeast Pennsylvania, referred to as “Northeast Appalachia”, are primarily focused on the Marcellus Shale, and its operations in West Virginia, Ohio, and southwest Pennsylvania, referred to as “Southwest Appalachia”, are focused on the Marcellus Shale, the Utica, and the Upper Devonian reservoirs. Bill Way serves as Southwestern Energy’s Chief Executive Officer and the company has 900 employees as of 2020. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWN Latest Social Stream
View Full SWN Social Stream
Latest SWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWN as an investment opportunity.
Southwestern Energy (SWN) closed at $6.05 in the latest trading session, marking a +0.67% move from the prior day.
Institutional investors in Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN) lost 13% last week but have reaped the benefits of longer-term growth
Every investor in Southwestern Energy Company ( NYSE:SWN ) should be aware of the most powerful shareholder groups...
Investors need to pay close attention to Southwestern Energy (SWN) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
These are the natural gas stocks with the best value, fastest growth, and most momentum for Q4 2022.
In the latest trading session, Southwestern Energy (SWN) closed at $7.25, marking a +0.55% move from the previous day.
SWN Price Returns