Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWN POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where SWN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.25% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWN is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 48 weeks.
- SWN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 13th percentile.
SWN Stock Summary
- Southwestern Energy Co's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than just 0.12% of US listed stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Southwestern Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.55% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- SWN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 96.06% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SWN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are DMS, LCI, SEAS, MMLP, and BAK.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southwestern Energy Co's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SWN's price/earnings ratio is 113.93% lower, now standing at -2.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SWN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- SWN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWN.
SWN Growth Metrics
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -66.67%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -20%.
- Its 3 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -77.08%.
The table below shows SWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 56.01% of graded US stocks.
- SWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.687 -- ranking 27th of 138 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CPE, APA, and SD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWN.
The table below shows SWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$4.87||52-week high||$5.85|
|Prev. close||$4.67||52-week low||$2.18|
|Day high||$4.98||Avg. volume||15,767,222|
|50-day MA||$4.73||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$4.48||Market Cap||4.94B|
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy Co is an oil and gas company that explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas within the United States. Southwestern Energy was founded on July 2, 1929 in Arkansas under its original name, Arkansas Western Gas Company. The company’s operations in northeast Pennsylvania, referred to as “Northeast Appalachia”, are primarily focused on the Marcellus Shale, and its operations in West Virginia, Ohio, and southwest Pennsylvania, referred to as “Southwest Appalachia”, are focused on the Marcellus Shale, the Utica, and the Upper Devonian reservoirs. Bill Way serves as Southwestern Energy’s Chief Executive Officer and the company has 900 employees as of 2020. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWN Latest Social Stream
View Full SWN Social Stream
Latest SWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southwestern Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWN as an investment opportunity.
Wondering how to pick strong, market-beating stocks for your investment portfolio? Look no further than the Zacks Style Scores.
Analysts have provided the following ratings for Southwestern Energy (NYSE: SWN ) within the last quarter:
Whether you're a value, growth, or momentum investor, finding strong stocks becomes easier with the Zacks Style Scores, a top feature of the Zacks Premium research service.
Southwestern Energy Co. has completed its $2.7 billion takeover of Haynesville Shale pure-play Indigo Natural Resources LLC. The deal completed Wednesday gives Southwestern a sizable footprint in the resurgent Louisiana play, improving the firms access to Gulf Coast liquefied natural gas (LNG) export markets. This acquisition materially expands our opportunity set, adding high-margin Haynesville production The post Southwestern Taking Another Crack at Haynesville with $2.7B Indigo Acquisition Closure appeared first on Natural Gas Intelligence
When the Price of Southwestern Energy SWN Talks, People Listen When the Price of Southwestern Energy SWN Talks, People Listen The post When the Price of Southwestern Energy SWN Talks, People Listen appeared first on Oil & Gas 360 .
SWN Price Returns