Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$6.22||52-week high||$7.48|
|Prev. close||$6.09||52-week low||$4.57|
|Day high||$6.24||Avg. volume||22,023,676|
|50-day MA||$6.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.64||Market Cap||6.85B|
SWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWN POWR Grades
- Value is the dimension where SWN ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 97.17% of US stocks.
- SWN's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 177 days.
- SWN ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 0th percentile.
SWN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 1.21, SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 0.91% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 4.14% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, SWN has reported earnings growth of -944.43%, putting it ahead of just 1.55% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SWN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are KRG, EQT, ADV, CLVT, and MPLN.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SWN's price/sales ratio is 66.67% lower, now standing at 0.6.
- Over the past 243 months, SWN's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down 10.8.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWN.
SWN Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -401.52%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 128.17%.
- Its 2 year revenue growth rate is now at 223.41%.
The table below shows SWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.93% of graded US stocks.
- SWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.687 -- ranking 27th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CPE, APA, and SD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWN.
The table below shows SWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy Co is an oil and gas company that explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas within the United States. Southwestern Energy was founded on July 2, 1929 in Arkansas under its original name, Arkansas Western Gas Company. The company’s operations in northeast Pennsylvania, referred to as “Northeast Appalachia”, are primarily focused on the Marcellus Shale, and its operations in West Virginia, Ohio, and southwest Pennsylvania, referred to as “Southwest Appalachia”, are focused on the Marcellus Shale, the Utica, and the Upper Devonian reservoirs. Bill Way serves as Southwestern Energy’s Chief Executive Officer and the company has 900 employees as of 2020. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, Texas.
SWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWN Latest Social Stream
View Full SWN Social Stream
Latest SWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY CO that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWN as an investment opportunity.
SPRING, Texas, September 07, 2023--SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY RELEASES TENTH ANNUAL CORPORATE RESPONSIBILITY REPORT
Key Insights Significantly high institutional ownership implies Southwestern Energy's stock price is sensitive to their...
With a significant positive shift occurring in the hydrocarbon industry, these are the energy stocks to buy in August.
While consumer prices may be hot, these stocks undervalued stocks to buy under $10 proves you can still catch a bargain.
Although myriad enterprises have shot through the roof, investors seeking must-own stocks under $20 have their fair share of ideas.
SWN Price Returns