Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWN POWR Grades
- SWN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.98% of US stocks.
- SWN's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- SWN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 10th percentile.
SWN Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of Southwestern Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 7.06% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- SWN's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 93.98% of US stocks.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Southwestern Energy Co comes in at 188.86%, a number that bests 95.7% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Southwestern Energy Co are NEN, NOG, GOGL, SB, and CMCT.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southwestern Energy Co's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, SWN's price/earnings ratio is 113.93% lower, now standing at -2.8.
- Over the past 243 months, SWN's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.3.
- SWN's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWN.
SWN Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 4.84%.
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 115.7%.
- The 3 year price growth rate now stands at -61.95%.
The table below shows SWN's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SWN's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SWN has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 55.93% of graded US stocks.
- SWN's asset turnover comes in at 0.687 -- ranking 27th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- CPE, APA, and SD are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SWN.
The table below shows SWN's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$8.31||52-week high||$8.68|
|Prev. close||$7.64||52-week low||$3.81|
|Day high||$8.35||Avg. volume||29,533,703|
|50-day MA||$7.16||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$5.44||Market Cap||9.28B|
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy Co is an oil and gas company that explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas within the United States. Southwestern Energy was founded on July 2, 1929 in Arkansas under its original name, Arkansas Western Gas Company. The company’s operations in northeast Pennsylvania, referred to as “Northeast Appalachia”, are primarily focused on the Marcellus Shale, and its operations in West Virginia, Ohio, and southwest Pennsylvania, referred to as “Southwest Appalachia”, are focused on the Marcellus Shale, the Utica, and the Upper Devonian reservoirs. Bill Way serves as Southwestern Energy’s Chief Executive Officer and the company has 900 employees as of 2020. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
SWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWN Latest Social Stream
View Full SWN Social Stream
Latest SWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southwestern Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWN as an investment opportunity.
No summary available.
The company is much bigger than it was this time last year with two recent acquisitions that brought it into the Haynesville Shale.
SPRING, Texas (AP) _ Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) on Thursday reported fourth-quarter net income of $2.36 billion. On a per-share basis, the Spring, Texas-based company said it had net income of $2.31. Earnings, adjusted for one-time gains and costs, came to 31 cents per share. The results topped Wall Street expectations. The average estimate of seven analysts surveyed by Zacks Investment Research was for earnings of 28 cents per share. The independent oil and gas company posted revenue of $2.95 billion in the period, which also beat Street forecasts. Three analysts surveyed by Zacks expected $1.27 billion. For the year, the company reported a loss of $25 million, or 3 cents per share. Revenue was reported as $6.67 billion. _____ This story was generated by Automated Insights (http://a...
SPRING, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SOUTHWESTERN ENERGY ANNOUNCES FOURTH QUARTER AND FULL YEAR 2021 RESULTS; PROVIDES 2022 GUIDANCE
Southwestern Energy (SWN) announced Q4 results after the close, posting an earnings beat, doubling the capex budget and sharing plans to repair the balance sheet in 2022: Earnings -…
SWN Price Returns