Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SWN POWR Grades
- SWN scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 94.59% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SWN is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- SWN ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
SWN Stock Summary
- The capital turnover (annual revenue relative to shareholder's equity) for SWN is 4.76 -- better than 92.18% of US stocks.
- SWN's went public 33.47 years ago, making it older than 89.72% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Of note is the ratio of Southwestern Energy Co's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 3.83% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Southwestern Energy Co, a group of peers worth examining would be CLNY, UNM, GCI, ATTO, and HTH.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southwestern Energy Co's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Valuation Summary
SWN's price/earnings ratio is -2.5; this is 114.25% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SWN.
SWN Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$5.44||52-week high||$5.85|
|Prev. close||$5.71||52-week low||$2.18|
|Day high||$5.75||Avg. volume||17,319,146|
|50-day MA||$4.81||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$3.70||Market Cap||3.68B|
Southwestern Energy Co. (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy Co is an oil and gas company that explores, develops, and produces oil and natural gas within the United States. Southwestern Energy was founded on July 2, 1929 in Arkansas under its original name, Arkansas Western Gas Company. The company’s operations in northeast Pennsylvania, referred to as “Northeast Appalachia”, are primarily focused on the Marcellus Shale, and its operations in West Virginia, Ohio, and southwest Pennsylvania, referred to as “Southwest Appalachia”, are focused on the Marcellus Shale, the Utica, and the Upper Devonian reservoirs. Bill Way serves as Southwestern Energy’s Chief Executive Officer and the company has 900 employees as of 2020. The company is currently headquartered in Houston, Texas.
SWN Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SWN Latest Social Stream
View Full SWN Social Stream
Latest SWN News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Southwestern Energy Co that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SWN as an investment opportunity.
While natural gas is at its highest since October, the fuel's continued success will depend on demand for summer cooling. As of now, investors should stay invested in companies like EQT (EQT), Range Resources (RRC) and Southwestern Energy (SWN).
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates SWN, ESXB, TGRF, ARPO; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / June 10, 2021 / Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies:Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE:SWN)concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its acquisition of Indigo Natural Resources, LLC for approximately $2. The merger consideration is comprised of cash, Southwestern Energy common stock, and the assumption of senior notes.
SHAREHOLDER ALERT: Monteverde & Associates PC Announces an Investigation of Southwestern Energy Company - SWN
NEW YORK, June 8, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Juan Monteverde ,
SHAREHOLDER INVESTIGATION: Halper Sadeh LLP Investigates SWN, ESXB, TGRF, FFWM; Shareholders are Encouraged to Contact the Firm
NEW YORK, June 08, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Halper Sadeh LLP, a global investor rights law firm, announces it is investigating the following companies: Southwestern Energy Company (NYSE: SWN) concerning potential violations of the federal securities laws and/or breaches of fiduciary duties relating to its acquisition of Indigo Natural Resources, LLC for approximately $2.7 billion. The merger consideration is comprised of cash, Southwestern Energy common stock, and the assumption of senior notes.
Apart from Pembina Pipeline (PBA), Southwestern Energy (SWN) and Kinder Morgan (KMI), there were news from Schlumberger (SLB) and TotalEnergies (TOT) during the week.
SWN Price Returns