Southwestern Energy Company (SWN): Price and Financial Metrics
SWN Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 0.98, Southwestern Energy Co P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 0.65% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Southwestern Energy Co is higher than just 5.21% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for SWN comes in at 139.45% -- higher than that of 98.12% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SWN, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are WTI, CHK, HCC, CPLG, and CCR.
- SWN's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Southwestern Energy Co's official web site, go to www.swn.com.
SWN Stock Price Chart More Charts
SWN Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$1.56||52-week high||$4.90|
|Prev. close||$1.59||52-week low||$1.49|
|Day high||$1.62||Avg. volume||22,352,467|
|50-day MA||$1.97||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$2.37||Market Cap||844.42M|
Southwestern Energy Company (SWN) Company Bio
Southwestern Energy is engaged in natural gas and oil exploration, development and production, natural gas gathering and marketing. The company was founded in 1929 and is based in Spring, Texas.
SWN Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Southwestern Energy Co with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Southwestern Energy Co ranked in the 100st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF model suggests the stock is undervalued by 72405%; returns of such proportions should be viewed with some skepticism, though. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Southwestern Energy Co, consider:
- 27% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 7.7% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Southwestern Energy Co's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 6%; for context, that number is higher than only 0.64% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Southwestern Energy Co experienced a tax rate of about 0% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Energy), this tax rate is higher than only 0% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|