Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SXT POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where SXT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.01% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SXT is in Momentum, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SXT ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 29th percentile.
SXT Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 268.4, Sensient Technologies Corp is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 90.25% of US stocks.
- Sensient Technologies Corp's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.32% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Sensient Technologies Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 85.61% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to SXT, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are B, HLNE, CR, FELE, and ENS.
- Visit SXT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sensient.com.
SXT Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Basic Materials stock, SXT's price/earnings ratio is 61.31% higher, now standing at 32.1.
- SXT's price/sales ratio has moved up 1.4 over the prior 243 months.
- SXT's price/earnings ratio has moved up 15 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SXT.
SXT Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year revenue growth rate is now at -3.36%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -24.11%.
- Its 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -6.55%.
The table below shows SXT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SXT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SXT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.34% of graded US stocks.
- SXT's asset turnover comes in at 0.798 -- ranking 27th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- GCP, CSWI, and GURE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SXT.
The table below shows SXT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
SXT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SXT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$87.62||52-week high||$106.32|
|Prev. close||$87.00||52-week low||$74.43|
|Day high||$88.37||Avg. volume||246,603|
|50-day MA||$83.63||Dividend yield||1.87%|
|200-day MA||$89.24||Market Cap||3.68B|
Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT) Company Bio
Sensient Technologies is a global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors and fragrances, used in specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
Most Popular Stories View All
SXT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SXT Latest Social Stream
View Full SXT Social Stream
Latest SXT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sensient Technologies Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SXT as an investment opportunity.
MILWAUKEE, February 11, 2022--Sensient Technologies Corporation (NYSE: SXT) reported consolidated revenue of $340.4 million in this year’s fourth quarter compared to $334.7 million in last year’s fourth quarter. Reported operating income in the fourth quarter of 2021 was $40.4 million compared to $34.8 million in the fourth quarter of 2020. Reported diluted earnings per share was 65 cents in the fourth quarter of 2021 compared to 59 cents in the fourth quarter of 2020. Foreign currency translati
Boston, MA, based Investment company Trillium Asset Management, Llc (Current Portfolio) buys Itron Inc, Analog Devices Inc, CyberArk Software, Sensient Technologies Corp, iShares MSCI KLD 400 Social Index Fund, sells , Illumina Inc, A.O.
In this article we are going to estimate the intrinsic value of Sensient Technologies Corporation ( NYSE:SXT ) by...
MILWAUKEE, January 28, 2022--Sensient Technologies Corporation (NYSE: SXT) will hold its conference call to discuss 2021 fourth quarter and year-end results at 8:30 a.m. CST on Friday, February 11, 2022. To participate in the conference call, contact Chorus Call Inc. at (844) 492-3726 or (412) 317-1078, and ask to join the Sensient Technologies Corporation conference call. Alternatively, the call can be accessed by using the webcast link that will be available on the Investor Information section
MILWAUKEE, January 21, 2022--The Board of Directors of Sensient Technologies Corporation (NYSE: SXT) has declared a regular quarterly cash dividend on its common stock of $0.41 per share. The cash dividend will be paid on March 1, 2022, to shareholders of record on February 2, 2022.
SXT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SXTWant to do more research on Sensient Technologies Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch