Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
SXT POWR Grades
- SXT scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 81.55% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SXT is in Stability, which has been heading up over the past 31 weeks.
- SXT's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 13.61% of US stocks).
SXT Stock Summary
- Sensient Technologies Corp's stock had its IPO on January 5, 1988, making it an older stock than 89.25% of US equities in our set.
- Of note is the ratio of Sensient Technologies Corp's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- The volatility of Sensient Technologies Corp's share price is greater than that of just 22.47% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Sensient Technologies Corp are PSN, AIT, GOLF, FIX, and UFPI.
- Visit SXT's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.sensient.com.
SXT Valuation Summary
- SXT's price/sales ratio is 2.8; this is 47.37% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- SXT's price/sales ratio has moved up $1.7 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, SXT's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up $14.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SXT.
SXT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SXT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$86.94||52-week high||$89.97|
|Prev. close||$87.98||52-week low||$48.86|
|Day high||$87.62||Avg. volume||247,628|
|50-day MA||$84.94||Dividend yield||1.79%|
|200-day MA||$74.69||Market Cap||3.68B|
Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT) Company Bio
Sensient Technologies is a global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors and fragrances, used in specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
SXT Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Sensient Technologies Corp with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Sensient Technologies Corp ranked in the 28th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 64.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for SXT, they are:
- 87% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than 64.34% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Sensient Technologies Corp's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 11.84. This coverage rate is greater than that of 73.59% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
- As a business, Sensient Technologies Corp experienced a tax rate of about 16% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Basic Materials), this tax rate is higher than 56.01% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
SXT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SXT Latest Social Stream
View Full SXT Social Stream
Latest SXT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Sensient Technologies Corp that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SXT as an investment opportunity.
Sensient Technologies Corporati with ticker code (SXT) have now 4 analysts in total covering the stock. The consensus rating is ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 110 and 79 and has a mean target at 91.75. Now with the previous closing price of 87.87 this would imply there is a potential upside of 4.4%. There is a 50 day moving average of 84.05 while the 200 day moving average is 77.87. The market cap for the company is $3,766m. Find out more information at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="SXT" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Sensient Technologies Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets colors, flavors, and other specialty ingredients in North America...
Spices and Herbs Extracts Market Emerging Industry In Developing Countries to 2027 Players are McCormick & Company, All-Season Herbs, Kerry Group, Döhler, Givaudan, Sensient Technologies
Market Analysis and Insights: Global Spices and Herbs Extracts Market Spices and herbs extracts market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.1% in the forecast period of 2020 to 2027. The growth of this market is attributed to the
Sensient Technologies Corporati found using ticker (SXT) now have 3 analysts covering the stock. The analyst consensus points to a rating of ''Buy''. The range between the high target price and low target price is between 90 and 68 with the average target price sitting at 79.33. Given that the stocks previous close was at 73.32 this would imply there is a potential upside of 8.2%. The 50 day MA is 64.65 and the 200 moving average now moves to 55.52. The company has a market capitalisation of $3,058m. Visit the company website at: /> [stock_market_widget type="chart" symbol="SXT" chart="bar" range="6mo" interval="1d" line-color="rgb(49, 125, 189)"] Sensient Technologies Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, develops, manufactures, and markets colors, flavors, and fragrances in Nor...
Global Plant-based Flavors Market 2021 SWOT Analysis by Players International Flavors & Fragrances, Innova Flavors, Sensient Technologies, Givaudan
This new study on Global Plant-based Flavors Market Growth 2020-2025 focuses on a systematic evaluation and assessment of the various ongoing market developments that are doing the rounds and affecting the market. The report shows the relevant data on segment performance, growth potential over the coming years, existing market participants, research business consultants, consumption, and 
Agricultural Coatings Market to Showcase Continued Growth in the Coming Years | Key Players are BASF SE, Bayer AG, Clariant Technologies, Croda International Plc, Sensient Technologies, Germains Seed
No summary available.
SXT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SXTWant to do more research on Sensient Technologies Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch