Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT): Price and Financial Metrics
SXT Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$60.43||52-week high||$79.19|
|Prev. close||$60.55||52-week low||$57.36|
|Day high||$60.82||Avg. volume||212,065|
|50-day MA||$62.31||Dividend yield||2.69%|
|200-day MA||$70.99||Market Cap||2.55B|
SXT Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
SXT POWR Grades
- Stability is the dimension where SXT ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 78.28% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for SXT is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- SXT's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 23.12% of US stocks).
SXT Stock Summary
- SXT's went public 35.73 years ago, making it older than 89.89% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for SXT is currently 63.97, higher than 95.07% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.22% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP are CRAI, RL, DIT, HII, and AGTI.
- SXT's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP's official web site, go to www.sensient.com.
SXT Valuation Summary
- SXT's price/earnings ratio is 20.6; this is 25.99% higher than that of the median Basic Materials stock.
- SXT's price/sales ratio has moved up 0.9 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for SXT.
SXT Growth Metrics
- The 5 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at -35.34%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -42.63%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -4.05%.
The table below shows SXT's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
SXT's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- SXT has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 78.34% of graded US stocks.
- SXT's asset turnover comes in at 0.798 -- ranking 27th of 89 Chemicals stocks.
- GCP, CSWI, and GURE are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with SXT.
The table below shows SXT's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
Sensient Technologies Corporation (SXT) Company Bio
Sensient Technologies is a global manufacturer and marketer of colors, flavors and fragrances, used in specialty food and beverage systems, cosmetic and pharmaceutical systems, inkjet and specialty inks and colors, and other specialty and fine chemicals. The company was founded in 1882 and is based in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
SXT Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
SXT Latest Social Stream
View Full SXT Social Stream
Latest SXT News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about SENSIENT TECHNOLOGIES CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate SXT as an investment opportunity.
An in-depth exploration of the intrinsic value of Sensient Technologies (SXT) using GuruFocus' proprietary GF Value
Blackstone and Airbnb Set to Join S&P 500; Others to Join S&P 100, S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600
S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") will make the following changes to the S&P 500, S&P 100, S&P MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap 600 indices effective prior to the open of trading on Monday, September 18, to coincide with the quarterly rebalance. The changes ensure each index is more representative of its market capitalization range. All companies being added to the S&P MidCap 400 are more representative of the mid-cap market space, and all companies being added to the S&P SmallCap 600 are more repres
Sensient Technologies (NYSE:SXT) stock falls 4.3% in past week as one-year earnings and shareholder returns continue downward trend
It's easy to match the overall market return by buying an index fund. Active investors aim to buy stocks that vastly...
The board of Sensient Technologies Corporation ( NYSE:SXT ) has announced that it will pay a dividend on the 1st of...
MILWAUKEE, Wis., July 27, 2023--Sensient Technologies Corporation (NYSE: SXT) announced today that Craig Mitchell has informed the company that he intends to retire from his position as President, Flavors & Extracts Group, effective January 1, 2024. Sensient has appointed Steve Morris, currently the General Manager, Sweet & Beverage Flavors North America, to succeed Mr. Mitchell upon his retirement.
SXT Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching SXTWant to do more research on Sensient Technologies Corp's stock and its price? Try the links below:
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Sensient Technologies Corp (SXT) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch