Talos Energy, Inc. (TALO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TALO POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TALO ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 96.89% of US stocks.
- TALO's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TALO's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 19.17% of US stocks).
TALO Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 3.55, TALOS ENERGY INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 5.47% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of TALOS ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; just 5.68% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- TALOS ENERGY INC's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 22.72%, greater than the shareholder yield of 93.92% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TALOS ENERGY INC are OBE, GASS, MESA, PEB, and PTEN.
- TALO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TALOS ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.talosenergy.com.
TALO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, TALO's price/sales ratio is 25.93% lower, now standing at 1.
- TALO's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.6 over the prior 58 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TALO.
TALO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TALO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.03% of graded US stocks.
- TALO's asset turnover comes in at 0.367 -- ranking 69th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVI, and CLR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TALO.
The table below shows TALO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TALO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TALO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.81||52-week high||$25.49|
|Prev. close||$19.41||52-week low||$10.15|
|Day high||$19.93||Avg. volume||846,100|
|50-day MA||$19.45||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$19.25||Market Cap||1.64B|
Talos Energy, Inc. (TALO) Company Bio
Talos Energy Inc., an independent oil and gas company, focuses on the offshore exploration and production in the United States Gulf of Mexico and the shallow waters off the coast of Mexico. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TALO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TALO Latest Social Stream
View Full TALO Social Stream
Latest TALO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TALOS ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TALO as an investment opportunity.
Talos Energy to Announce Fourth Quarter 2022 Results on February 28, 2023 and Host Earnings Conference Call on March 1, 2023
Talos Energy Inc. ("Talos" or the "Company") (NYSE: TALO) intends to release fourth quarter 2022 results for the period ended December 31, 2022, on Tuesday, February 28, 2023, after the U.S. financial market closes. In addition to this release, Talos will host a conference call, broadcast live over the internet, on Wednesday, March 1, 2023, at 10:00 AM Eastern Time (9:00 AM Central Time).
Talos Energy announced successful drilling results from its Lime Rock and Venice prospects. The company also extended the maturity of its credit facility from 2024 to 2027.
Talos Energy Inc. ("Talos" or the "Company") (NYSE: TALO) announced that the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission has declared effective its Registration Statement on Form S-4 related to its previously announced acquisition of EnVen Energy Corporation ("EnVen") and that Talos has set a date of February 8, 2023 for the Special Meeting of its stockholders to vote and approve certain matters relating to such acquisition. Talos expects to close the transaction soon after the Special Meeting.
A share of Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE:TALO) closed at $17.81 per share on Thursday, down from $17.97 day before. While Talos Energy Inc. has underperformed by -0.89%, investors are advised to look at stock chart patterns for technical insight. Within its last year performance, TALO rose by 65.52%, with highs and lows ranging from $25.49 […]
While oil prices have recovered slightly from the 9% drop on Tuesday and Wednesday, fears of a recession are sure to keep prices in check for months.
TALO Price Returns