Talos Energy, Inc. (TALO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TALO POWR Grades
- TALO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.58% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TALO is in Momentum, which has been heading up over the past 52 weeks.
- TALO ranks lowest in Stability; there it ranks in the 16th percentile.
TALO Stock Summary
- TALO's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 0.02 -- higher than just 0.15% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- Of note is the ratio of Talos Energy Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; merely 3.53% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, TALO has reported earnings growth of -7,194.71%, putting it ahead of just 0.19% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Talos Energy Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be BYD, ENSV, INTT, CNQ, and FNKO.
- TALO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Talos Energy Inc's official web site, go to www.talosenergy.com.
TALO Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, TALO's EV/EBIT ratio is 118.73% lower, now standing at -3.4.
- TALO's price/sales ratio has moved down 3.4 over the prior 42 months.
- TALO's price/earnings ratio has moved up 28.9 over the prior 42 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TALO.
TALO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TALO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.03% of graded US stocks.
- TALO's asset turnover comes in at 0.367 -- ranking 69th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVI, and CLR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TALO.
The table below shows TALO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TALO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TALO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$9.97||52-week high||$18.93|
|Prev. close||$10.37||52-week low||$7.67|
|Day high||$10.21||Avg. volume||895,838|
|50-day MA||$12.38||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$12.67||Market Cap||816.35M|
Talos Energy, Inc. (TALO) Company Bio
Talos Energy Inc., an independent oil and gas company, focuses on the offshore exploration and production in the United States Gulf of Mexico and the shallow waters off the coast of Mexico. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TALO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TALO Latest Social Stream
View Full TALO Social Stream
Latest TALO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Talos Energy Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TALO as an investment opportunity.
Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE:TALO) insider Timothy S. Duncan acquired 35,000 shares of the companys stock in a transaction that occurred on Friday, November 19th. The stock was purchased at an average cost of $9.80 per share, with a total value of $343,000.00. The transaction was disclosed in a filing with the SEC, which is available 
Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE:TALO) insider Timothy S. Duncan acquired 35,000 shares of the businesss stock in a transaction dated Friday, November 19th. The stock was acquired at an average price of $9.80 per share, for a total transaction of $343,000.00. The acquisition was disclosed in a filing with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which is 
Timothy Duncan, Insider at Talos Energy (NYSE:TALO), made a large insider buy on November 19, according to a new SEC filing. What Happened: A Form 4 filing from the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday showed that Duncan purchased 35,000 shares of Talos Energy at at prices ranging from $9.77 to $9.81. The total transaction amounted to $343,150. Following the transaction, Duncan now owns 261,383 shares of Talos Energy, worth $2,697,472.00. Talos Energy shares are trading up 6.94% at
HOUSTON, Nov. 18, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE: TALO) ("Talos" or the "Company") today announced that it was named as the apparent high bidder in the Outer Continental Shelf Federal Lease Sale 257 on ten deepwater blocks comprising 57,600 gross acres, or 36,720 net acres,
Talos Energy Inc. (NYSE:TALO) Director Riverstone Energy Partners V, sold 2,325,337 shares of the companys stock in a transaction dated Friday, November 12th. The shares were sold at an average price of $12.13, for a total transaction of $28,206,337.81. The transaction was disclosed in a legal filing with the SEC, which is accessible through the 
TALO Price Returns