Talos Energy, Inc. (TALO): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TALO POWR Grades
- TALO scores best on the Momentum dimension, with a Momentum rank ahead of 99.62% of US stocks.
- TALO's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TALO's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 6.89% of US stocks).
TALO Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for TALOS ENERGY INC is higher than just 10.67% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- Of note is the ratio of TALOS ENERGY INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; only 5% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, TALOS ENERGY INC is reporting a growth rate of -154.81%; that's higher than just 10.36% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TALO, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SBOW, AA, IBEX, SMLP, and CPE.
- TALO's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TALOS ENERGY INC's official web site, go to www.talosenergy.com.
TALO Valuation Summary
- TALO's price/sales ratio is 0.9; this is 43.75% lower than that of the median Energy stock.
- Over the past 55 months, TALO's price/sales ratio has gone down 3.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TALO.
TALO's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TALO has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 63.03% of graded US stocks.
- TALO's asset turnover comes in at 0.367 -- ranking 69th of 137 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- XOM, CVI, and CLR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TALO.
The table below shows TALO's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TALO Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TALO Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$20.29||52-week high||$25.49|
|Prev. close||$20.29||52-week low||$8.57|
|Day high||$20.75||Avg. volume||1,469,958|
|50-day MA||$19.10||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$16.60||Market Cap||1.67B|
Talos Energy, Inc. (TALO) Company Bio
Talos Energy Inc., an independent oil and gas company, focuses on the offshore exploration and production in the United States Gulf of Mexico and the shallow waters off the coast of Mexico. The company was founded in 2012 and is based in Houston, Texas.
Most Popular Stories View All
TALO Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TALO Latest Social Stream
View Full TALO Social Stream
Latest TALO News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TALOS ENERGY INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TALO as an investment opportunity.
Here is how Murphy USA (MUSA) and Talos Energy (TALO) have performed compared to their sector so far this year.
If you're not sure where to start when looking for the next multi-bagger, there are a few key trends you should keep an...
Here at Zacks, our focus is on the proven Zacks Rank system, which emphasizes earnings estimates and estimate revisions to find great stocks. Nevertheless, we are always paying attention to the latest value, growth, and momentum trends to underscore strong picks.
In a report released today, Phillip Jungwirth from BMO Capital maintained a Hold rating on Talos Energy (TALO - Research Report), with a price target of $23.00. The company's shares opened today at $16.67.Jungwirth covers the Utilities sector, focusing on stocks such as Chevron, Ovintiv, and EQT. According to TipRanks, Jungwirth has an average return of 5.0% and a 46.43% success rate on recommended stocks. The word on The Street in general, suggests a Moderate Buy analyst consensus rating for Talos Energy with a $28.00 average price target.
Talos Energy Inc said on Thursday it has signed an agreement to buy EnVen Energy Corp, a private producer in the deepwater U.S. Gulf of Mexico, in a $1.1 billion deal including debt. The buyout expands Talos' Gulf of Mexico operations and doubles its operated deepwater facility footprint. Houston, Texas-based Talos said the deal consists of 43.8 million of Talos shares and $212.5 million in cash.
TALO Price Returns