Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS): Price and Financial Metrics
TDS Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Telephone & Data Systems Inc is higher than just 5.37% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.41, Telephone & Data Systems Inc has a higher such ratio than just 8.29% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TDS comes in at -47.02% -- higher than that of just 5.6% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Telephone & Data Systems Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be AAWW, USM, ALSK, LDL, and CONN.
- TDS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Telephone & Data Systems Inc's official web site, go to www.tdsinc.com.
TDS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TDS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$18.67||52-week high||$24.50|
|Prev. close||$18.55||52-week low||$14.05|
|Day high||$19.14||Avg. volume||1,181,443|
|50-day MA||$19.32||Dividend yield||3.67%|
|200-day MA||$19.75||Market Cap||2.14B|
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS) Company Bio
Telephone & Data Systems provides wireless, wireline, cable, and hosted and managed services in the United States. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
TDS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Telephone & Data Systems Inc. To summarize, we found that Telephone & Data Systems Inc ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Specifically, our DCF analysis implies the stock is trading below its fair value by an estimated 451.83%. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TDS, they are:
- 32% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than merely 8.96% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Telephone & Data Systems Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 21.48% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Telephone & Data Systems Inc experienced a tax rate of about 4% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Communication Services), this tax rate is higher than just 20.53% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TDS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TDS Latest Social Stream
View Full TDS Social Stream
Latest TDS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Telephone & Data Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TDS as an investment opportunity.
Telephone And Data Systems Inc (NYSE: TDS) priced 16 million depositary shares at $25 per share to raise $400 million in a preferred share offering. The underwriters have a 30-day option to procure an additional 2.4 million depositary shares. The offering is expected to close by March 2, 2021. The company intends to list the depositary shares under the ticker symbol “TDSPrU” on the NYSE. TDS will utilize the offering proceeds for general corporate purposes includes capital expenditures funding associated with the fiber-to-the-home program in new markets. BofA Securities, Citigroup Global Markets, Morgan Stanley, RBC Capital Markets, UBS Securities, and Wells Fargo Securities, LLC are the joint book-running managers for the offering. TDS share prices have lost 22% in the last six months....
TDS Announces the Pricing of an Offering of 16,000,000 Depositary Shares Representing an Interest in Series UU Preferred Stock
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: "TDS") announced today that it priced an offering on February 23, 2021 of 16,000,000 depositary shares, each representing a 1/1,000th interest in its 6.625% Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series UU, $0.01 par value and $25,000 liquidation preference per share (equivalent to $25.00 per depositary share), for an aggregate public offering price of $400,000,000. TDS has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase an additional 2,400,000 depositary shares in connection with the offering. The offering is expected to close on or about March 2, 2021, subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. TDS intends to list the depositary shares on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") under the ticker symbol "TDSPrU."
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. [NYSE: TDS] and United States Cellular Corporation [NYSE: USM] are jointly presenting at three upcoming investor conferences detailed below.
Rating Action: Moody's assigns Ba3 to TDS's proposed preferred stockGlobal Credit Research - 23 Feb 2021New York, February 23, 2021 -- Moody's Investors Service (Moody's) has assigned a Ba3 rating to Telephone and Data Systems, Inc.'s (TDS) proposed cumulative redeemable perpetual preferred stock. TDS's speculative grade liquidity (SGL) rating is maintained at SGL-1, reflecting its very strong liquidity.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) CEO James Butman on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 19, 2021, 10:00 ET Company Participants Jane McCahon - SVP, Corporate Relations & Corporate Secretary Peter Sereda - EVP & CFO Laurent Therivel - President, CEO & Director Douglas Chambers - EVP, CFO & Treasurer James Butman -...
TDS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TDSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Telephone & Data Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!