Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS): Price and Financial Metrics
TDS Stock Summary
- The price/operating cash flow metric for Telephone & Data Systems Inc is higher than just 5.26% of stocks in our set with a positive cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.4, Telephone & Data Systems Inc has a higher such ratio than just 7.8% of stocks in our set.
- Shareholder yield, a measure of how much is returned to shareholders via dividends and share repurchases, for TDS comes in at -48.42% -- higher than that of just 5.41% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TDS, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are USM, LDL, AAWW, ALSK, and CONN.
- TDS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Telephone & Data Systems Inc's official web site, go to www.tdsinc.com.
TDS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TDS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$17.96||52-week high||$24.50|
|Prev. close||$18.13||52-week low||$14.05|
|Day high||$18.07||Avg. volume||1,088,488|
|50-day MA||$19.35||Dividend yield||3.75%|
|200-day MA||$19.74||Market Cap||3.85B|
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS) Company Bio
Telephone & Data Systems provides wireless, wireline, cable, and hosted and managed services in the United States. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
TDS Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Telephone & Data Systems Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Telephone & Data Systems Inc ranked in the 82th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TDS, they are:
- 32% of the company's capital comes from equity, which is greater than only 8.3% of stocks in our cash flow based forecasting set.
- Telephone & Data Systems Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than merely 20.98% of tickers in our DCF set.
- As a business, Telephone & Data Systems Inc experienced a tax rate of about 4% over the past twelve months; relative to its sector (Communication Services), this tax rate is higher than just 20.53% of stocks generating free cash flow.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TDS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TDS Latest Social Stream
View Full TDS Social Stream
Latest TDS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Telephone & Data Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TDS as an investment opportunity.
TDS Announces the Pricing of an Offering of 16,000,000 Depositary Shares Representing an Interest in Series UU Preferred Stock
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: "TDS") announced today that it priced an offering on February 23, 2021 of 16,000,000 depositary shares, each representing a 1/1,000th interest in its 6.625% Cumulative Redeemable Perpetual Preferred Stock, Series UU, $0.01 par value and $25,000 liquidation preference per share (equivalent to $25.00 per depositary share), for an aggregate public offering price of $400,000,000. TDS has granted the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase an additional 2,400,000 depositary shares in connection with the offering. The offering is expected to close on or about March 2, 2021, subject to satisfaction of customary closing conditions. TDS intends to list the depositary shares on the New York Stock Exchange ("NYSE") under the ticker symbol "TDSPrU."
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) CEO James Butman on Q4 2020 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (TDS) Q4 2020 Earnings Conference Call February 19, 2021, 10:00 ET Company Participants Jane McCahon - SVP, Corporate Relations & Corporate Secretary Peter Sereda - EVP & CFO Laurent Therivel - President, CEO & Director Douglas Chambers - EVP, CFO & Treasurer James Butman -...
The following slide deck was published by Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. in conjunction with their 2020 Q4 earnings call....
Image source: The Motley Fool. Telephone And Data Systems Inc (NYSE: TDS)Q4 2020 Earnings CallFeb 19, 2021, 10:00 a.m. ETContents: Prepared Remarks Questions and Answers Call Participants Prepared Remarks: OperatorLadies and gentlemen, thank you for standing by, and welcome to the TDS and UScellular Fourth Quarter 2020 Conference Call.
The board of directors of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS), a leading provider of telecommunications services, has declared a first quarter 2021 dividend of $0.175 per Common Share and Series A Common Share. Payment will be made on March 31, 2021, to shareholders of record as of March 17, 2021.
TDS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TDSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Telephone & Data Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Get Free Updates
Join thousands of investors who get the latest news, insights and top rated picks from StockNews.com!