Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TDS POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TDS ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 74.47% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TDS is in Value, which has been heading down over the past 160 days.
- TDS's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 6.37% of US stocks).
TDS Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 273.58, Telephone & Data Systems Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 90.4% of US stocks.
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TDS is currently 1.88, higher than just 5.64% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.43, Telephone & Data Systems Inc has a higher such ratio than only 8.73% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Telephone & Data Systems Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be CLH, SYBT, ECOL, CATY, and FMNB.
- Visit TDS's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tdsinc.com.
TDS Valuation Summary
- TDS's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 79.49% lower than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- TDS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 36.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TDS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 36.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TDS.
TDS Growth Metrics
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 25.95%.
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at 27.22%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 21.38%.
The table below shows TDS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TDS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TDS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 18.23% of graded US stocks.
- TDS's asset turnover comes in at 0.421 -- ranking 28th of 64 Communication stocks.
- USM, VZ, and CXDO are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TDS.
The table below shows TDS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TDS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TDS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.75||52-week high||$26.51|
|Prev. close||$20.12||52-week low||$17.18|
|Day high||$20.15||Avg. volume||745,944|
|50-day MA||$19.77||Dividend yield||3.48%|
|200-day MA||$21.43||Market Cap||2.27B|
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS) Company Bio
Telephone & Data Systems provides wireless, wireline, cable, and hosted and managed services in the United States. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TDS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TDS Latest Social Stream
View Full TDS Social Stream
Latest TDS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Telephone & Data Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TDS as an investment opportunity.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. ( NYSE:TDS ), is not the largest company out there, but it saw a decent share price...
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) and United States Cellular Corporation (NYSE: USM) are jointly presenting at Citi's 2022 Virtual AppsEconomy Conference on January 6, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. EST (10:00 a.m. CST). Laurent C. Therivel, President and CEO – UScellular; James W. Butman, President and CEO – TDS Telecom; Colleen Thompson, Vice President, Corporate Relations – TDS; and Jane W. McCahon, Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations – TDS will attend.
Shares of Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS) have earned a consensus recommendation of Buy from the seven research firms that are covering the firm, MarketBeat Ratings reports. Two equities research analysts have rated the stock with a sell recommendation, three have given a buy recommendation and one has assigned a strong buy recommendation to 
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE:TDS) gapped up before the market opened on Friday . The stock had previously closed at $19.79, but opened at $20.37. Telephone and Data Systems shares last traded at $20.28, with a volume of 1,609 shares traded. A number of brokerages recently weighed in on TDS. Zacks Investment Research cut 
Jessica Bartley promoted to Vice President - IT Security and Chief Security and Privacy Officer (CSPO)
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) today announced the promotion of Jessica Bartley to Vice President – IT Security and Chief Security and Privacy Officer (CSPO), effective January 2022.
TDS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TDSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Telephone & Data Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch