Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TDS POWR Grades
- TDS scores best on the Value dimension, with a Value rank ahead of 75% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TDS is in Quality, which has been heading down over the past 51 weeks.
- TDS ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 9th percentile.
TDS Stock Summary
- Price to trailing twelve month operating cash flow for TDS is currently 1.84, higher than merely 5.58% of US stocks with positive operating cash flow.
- With a price/sales ratio of 0.42, Telephone & Data Systems Inc has a higher such ratio than only 7.45% of stocks in our set.
- Telephone & Data Systems Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -32.89%, greater than the shareholder yield of just 8.83% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Telephone & Data Systems Inc are USM, CSSE, ECOL, CLH, and KAMN.
- TDS's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Telephone & Data Systems Inc's official web site, go to www.tdsinc.com.
TDS Valuation Summary
- TDS's price/sales ratio is 0.4; this is 79.49% lower than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- TDS's price/earnings ratio has moved up 36.3 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TDS's price/earnings ratio has gone up 36.3.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TDS.
TDS Growth Metrics
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -57.24%.
- The 2 year price growth rate now stands at -26.24%.
- The 3 year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at 66.08%.
The table below shows TDS's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TDS's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TDS has a Quality Grade of D, ranking ahead of 19.49% of graded US stocks.
- TDS's asset turnover comes in at 0.421 -- ranking 27th of 63 Communication stocks.
- USM, VZ, and CHTR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TDS.
The table below shows TDS's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TDS Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TDS Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.43||52-week high||$26.51|
|Prev. close||$19.37||52-week low||$16.38|
|Day high||$19.77||Avg. volume||1,081,196|
|50-day MA||$19.77||Dividend yield||3.6%|
|200-day MA||$21.71||Market Cap||2.23B|
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. Common Shares (TDS) Company Bio
Telephone & Data Systems provides wireless, wireline, cable, and hosted and managed services in the United States. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Most Popular Stories View All
TDS Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TDS Latest Social Stream
View Full TDS Social Stream
Latest TDS News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Telephone & Data Systems Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TDS as an investment opportunity.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) announced the publication of its 2020 Environmental, Social, Governance (ESG) Report.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) announced the promotion of Colleen Thompson to Vice President – Corporate Relations effective September 27, 2021, subject to approval of the TDS Board of Directors. To ensure a successful transition, Jane W. McCahon will continue in her role as Senior Vice President, Corporate Relations and Corporate Secretary until May 2022, after which she will become Vice President – Corporate Secretary.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. (NYSE: TDS) today announced that it will redeem all of its outstanding 5.875% Senior Notes due 2061 (NYSE: TDA) (the "TDA Notes"). The $195 million aggregate principal amount of outstanding TDA Notes will be redeemed October 14, 2021, at a redemption price of 100 percent of the principal amount ($25 face value per unit), together with accrued and unpaid interest to the redemption date. The paying agent is The Bank of New York Mellon.
Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. ( NYSE:TDS ) will pay a dividend of US$0.17 on the 30th of September. Based on this...
Telecom stocks including, T stock and VZ stock, are getting left behind as competition, massive capital costs and missteps take their toll.
TDS Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TDSHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Telephone & Data Systems Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Telephone & Data Systems Inc (TDS) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch