Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (TDY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TDY POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TDY ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 81.83% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TDY is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 31 weeks.
- TDY ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 6th percentile.
TDY Stock Summary
- TDY's one year PEG ratio, measuring expected growth in earnings next year relative to current common stock price is 1,330.26 -- higher than 96.51% of US-listed equities with positive expected earnings growth.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 247.73%, Teledyne Technologies Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 95.77% of about US stocks.
- The volatility of Teledyne Technologies Inc's share price is greater than that of just 12.22% US stocks with at least 200 days of trading history.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TDY, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SYNH, ICUI, STE, KAI, and LOPE.
- TDY's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit Teledyne Technologies Inc's official web site, go to www.teledyne.com.
TDY Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, TDY's price/sales ratio is 3.85% lower, now standing at 5.
- TDY's price/sales ratio has moved up 4.5 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TDY's price/sales ratio has gone up 4.5.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TDY.
TDY Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 178.12%.
- The 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 189.61%.
- The 5 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 223.64%.
The table below shows TDY's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TDY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TDY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$441.51||52-week high||$457.79|
|Prev. close||$444.99||52-week low||$298.78|
|Day high||$443.40||Avg. volume||313,901|
|50-day MA||$424.27||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$395.76||Market Cap||16.37B|
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (TDY) Company Bio
Teledyne Technologies is a leading provider of sophisticated instrumentation, digital imaging products and software, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Thousand Oaks, California.
TDY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Teledyne Technologies Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Teledyne Technologies Inc ranked in the 46th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that all scenearios modelled for this stock suggest it is overvalued. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Teledyne Technologies Inc, consider:
- The company's balance sheet shows it gets 82% of its capital from equity, and 18% of its capital from debt. Its equity weight surpasses that of only 22.99% of free cash flow generating stocks in the Technology sector.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.61% of tickers in our DCF set.
- TDY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than only 20.61% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TDY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TDY Latest Social Stream
View Full TDY Social Stream
Latest TDY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Teledyne Technologies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TDY as an investment opportunity.
Teledyne Technologies' (TDY) aggressive cost-management initiative is likely to have benefited its earnings performance during the second quarter.
Teledyne (TDY) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
S&P 500 investors are bravely buying dips following sell-offs like never before. And they're showing some of their favorites.
We've lost count of how many times insiders have accumulated shares in a company that goes on to improve markedly. On...
THOUSAND OAKS, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (NYSE:TDY) announced today that its subsidiary, Teledyne Brown Engineering, Inc., was awarded an indefinite-quantity/indefinite-delivery contract with a maximum base value of $27.4 million from the U.S. Navy for the Littoral Battlespace Sensing-Glider (LBS-G) program. The contract, awarded under full and open competition, includes a single five-year ordering period and five one-year option periods. The option periods, if
TDY Price Returns
Continue Researching TDYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Teledyne Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch