Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (TDY): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TDY POWR Grades
- TDY scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 84.9% of US stocks.
- TDY's strongest trending metric is Sentiment; it's been moving down over the last 29.7142857142857 weeks.
- TDY's current lowest rank is in the Sentiment metric (where it is better than 16.98% of US stocks).
TDY Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 1,242.6, Teledyne Technologies Inc is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 96.8% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of Teledyne Technologies Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 87.11% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- With a year-over-year growth in debt of 247.73%, Teledyne Technologies Inc's debt growth rate surpasses 95.6% of about US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Teledyne Technologies Inc are SYNH, ICUI, FDS, RBC, and GFN.
- Visit TDY's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.teledyne.com.
TDY Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TDY Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$409.43||52-week high||$457.79|
|Prev. close||$416.29||52-week low||$289.19|
|Day high||$417.74||Avg. volume||337,351|
|50-day MA||$417.42||Dividend yield||N/A|
|200-day MA||$370.18||Market Cap||15.18B|
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (TDY) Company Bio
Teledyne Technologies is a leading provider of sophisticated instrumentation, digital imaging products and software, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in Thousand Oaks, California.
TDY Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
The table below illustrates the output of a discounted cash flow forecast using a variety of scenarios for Teledyne Technologies Inc. To summarize, we found that Teledyne Technologies Inc ranked in the 45th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Our DCF analysis suggests the stock is overvalued by about 32%. The most interesting components of our discounted cash flow analysis for Teledyne Technologies Inc ended up being:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 83. Notably, its equity weight is greater than merely 23.36% of US equities in the Technology sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- Teledyne Technologies Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 9%; for context, that number is higher than just 20.8% of tickers in our DCF set.
- TDY's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than just 20.8% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TDY Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TDY Latest Social Stream
View Full TDY Social Stream
Latest TDY News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Teledyne Technologies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TDY as an investment opportunity.
Teledyne Technologies (TDY) has completed the acquisition of thermal imaging camera supplier FLIR Systems (FLIR). Following the aforementioned closure news, the share price of the industrial conglomerate rose 4% in Friday's trading session. Teledyne is a provider of instrumentation, digital imaging, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems. The acquisition is central to the company’s goal of beefing up its portfolio of imaging sensor technology. The cash-and-stock deal, which was announced in January this year, was valued at approximately $8.2 billion, including net debt. Per the terms of the agreement, FLIR shareholders received $28 in cash and 0.0718 shares of Teledyne common stock for each share held.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (NYSE:TDY) announced today the successful completion of the acquisition of FLIR Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ:FLIR). At each of the respective company’s special meeting of stockholders held on May 13, 2021, the stockholders approved and adopted merger proposals related to the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated January 4, 2021. FLIR will now be included in Teledyne’s Digital Imaging segment and operate under the name Teledyne FLIR.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (NYSE:TDY) today announced that Jason VanWees, Executive Vice President, will be holding investor meetings at the 16th Annual Needham Virtual Technology & Media Conference on Wednesday, May 19.
Teledyne CML Composites Makes Significant Investment in Thermoplastic Processing Capability in Conjunction with the National Composites Centre
Teledyne CML has completed a significant investment in a new Thermoplastic processing cell developed in conjunction with the UK’s NCC.
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (TDY) CEO Al Pichelli on Q1 2021 Results - Earnings Call Transcript
Teledyne Technologies Incorporated (TDY) Q1 2021 Results Earnings Conference Call April 28, 2021, 11:00 am ET Company Participants Jason VanWees - Executive Vice President Robert Mehrabian - Executive Chairman, Director Al Pichelli - President, Chief Executive Officer Sue Main - Senior Vice President, Chief Financial Officer Conference Call Participants Greg...
TDY Price Returns
Continue Researching TDYHere are a few links from around the web to help you further your research on Teledyne Technologies Inc's stock as an investment opportunity:
Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch