Teradyne, Inc. (TER): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TER POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TER ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 92.73% of US stocks.
- TER's strongest trending metric is Quality; it's been moving down over the last 31 weeks.
- TER ranks lowest in Sentiment; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
TER Stock Summary
- TER has a market capitalization of $21,415,102,145 -- more than approximately 88.62% of US stocks.
- Teradyne Inc's stock had its IPO on March 11, 1987, making it an older stock than 91.93% of US equities in our set.
- Revenue growth over the past 12 months for Teradyne Inc comes in at 27.68%, a number that bests 81.3% of the US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to Teradyne Inc are ETSY, GTLS, MCHX, PIPR, and SCKT.
- Visit TER's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.teradyne.com.
TER Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Technology stock, TER's price/earnings ratio is 37.82% lower, now standing at 24.5.
- TER's price/earnings ratio has moved up 10.9 over the prior 243 months.
- TER's price/sales ratio has moved up 4.4 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TER.
TER Growth Metrics
- Its 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 106.02%.
- Its 2 year net cashflow from operations growth rate is now at -0.31%.
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 161.38%.
The table below shows TER's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TER Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TER Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$123.46||52-week high||$147.90|
|Prev. close||$127.43||52-week low||$74.07|
|Day high||$126.91||Avg. volume||1,768,326|
|50-day MA||$127.28||Dividend yield||0.31%|
|200-day MA||$120.18||Market Cap||20.53B|
Teradyne, Inc. (TER) Company Bio
Teradyne Inc. is a leading supplier of automation solutions for test and industrial applications. Teradyne Automatic Test Equipment is used to test semiconductors, wireless products, data storage and complex electronic systems, which serve consumer, communications, industrial and government customers. The company was founded in 1960 and is based in North Reading, Massachusetts.
TER Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
Below please find a table outlining a discounted cash flow forecast for TER, in which we model out valuation assuming a variety of terminal growth rates. To summarize, we found that Teradyne Inc ranked in the 25th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TER, they are:
- The company's debt burden, as measured by earnings divided by interest payments, is 38.67; that's higher than 81.24% of US stocks in the Technology sector that have positive free cash flow.
- The business' balance sheet suggests that 2% of the company's capital is sourced from debt; this is greater than just 10.01% of the free cash flow producing stocks we're observing.
- TER's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 54.11% of tickers in our DCF set.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
TER Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TER Latest Social Stream
View Full TER Social Stream
Latest TER News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Teradyne Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TER as an investment opportunity.
Teradyne (TER) is likely to have gained from strength in semiconductor test and industrial automation businesses in Q2. Yet, challenging supply environment might have hurt its performance.
NORTH READING, Mass., July 16, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Teradyne, Inc. (NASDAQ: TER) will release financial results for the second quarter 2021 on Tuesday July 27, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (ET) or later.
Global Semiconductor Packaging and Testing Equipment Market Research Report 2026 | TeradyneAdvantest
LP INFORMATION recently released a research report on the Semiconductor Packaging and Testing Equipment analysis, which studies the Semiconductor Packaging and Testing Equipment industry coverage, current market competitive status, and market outlook and forecast by 2026. Global Semiconductor Packaging and Testing Equipment Market 2021-2026 Research Report categorizes the global Semiconductor Packaging and Testing Equipment by key players, product type, 
System-on-a-Chip Test Machine Market 2021: Future Trends, Key Players: Teradyne,Advantest. and others
Based on the historical situation of the past five years (2016-2020),GLOBAL INFO RESEARCH analyzes the overall scale of global System-on-a-Chip Test Machine in the past few years, the scale of major regions, the scale and share of major enterprises, the scale of major product classifications, and the scale of major downstream applications. Scale analysis includes sales volume, 
Teradyne (TER) doesn't possess the right combination of the two key ingredients for a likely earnings beat in its upcoming report. Get prepared with the key expectations.
TER Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|