TransGlobe Energy Corp. (TGA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGA POWR Grades
- Momentum is the dimension where TGA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 99.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TGA is in Sentiment, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- TGA's current lowest rank is in the Stability metric (where it is better than 4.67% of US stocks).
TGA Stock Summary
- With a one year PEG ratio of 0.08, TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than merely 0.94% of US stocks.
- Of note is the ratio of TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 99.91% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- In terms of twelve month growth in earnings before interest and taxes, TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP is reporting a growth rate of 2,278.64%; that's higher than 99.35% of US stocks.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP are NE, UUUU, EXPO, ALEX, and DENN.
- Visit TGA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.trans-globe.com.
TGA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Energy stock, TGA's EV/EBIT ratio is 90.91% lower, now standing at 1.1.
- Over the past 243 months, TGA's EV/EBIT ratio has gone up 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGA.
TGA Growth Metrics
- The 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at -76.27%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -73.09%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 29.91%.
The table below shows TGA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGA has a Quality Grade of A, ranking ahead of 97.19% of graded US stocks.
- TGA's asset turnover comes in at 0.587 -- ranking 39th of 136 Petroleum and Natural Gas stocks.
- VTNR, EPM, and AXAS are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGA.
The table below shows TGA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$3.72||52-week high||$5.50|
|Prev. close||$3.45||52-week low||$2.40|
|Day high||$3.74||Avg. volume||1,032,571|
|50-day MA||$3.18||Dividend yield||2.69%|
|200-day MA||$3.61||Market Cap||272.71M|
TransGlobe Energy Corp. (TGA) Company Bio
TransGlobe Energy Corporation explores for and produces oil and gas properties in the Arab Republic of Egypt. The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Calgary, Canada.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGA Latest Social Stream
View Full TGA Social Stream
Latest TGA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TRANSGLOBE ENERGY CORP that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGA as an investment opportunity.
Calgary Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - October 14, 2022) - TransGlobe Energy Corporation (NASDAQ: TGA) (TSX: TGL) ("TransGlobe" or the "Corporation") is pleased to announce that it has now closed its previously announced merger with VAALCO Energy, Inc. by way of plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement") pursuant to Section 193 of the Business Corporations Act (Alberta). On October 14, 2022, it is expected that common shares of TransGlobe ("TransGlobe Common Shares") will be delisted on NASDAQ ...
Calgary, Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - October 12, 2022) - TransGlobe Energy Corporation (AIM: TGL) (TSX: TGL) (NASDAQ: TGA) ("TransGlobe" or the "Corporation") is pleased to announce that today it received final approval from the Court of King's Bench of Alberta for the previously announced plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement") pursuant to Section 193 of the Business Corporations Act (Alberta), pursuant to which the holders ("TransGlobe Shareholders") of common shares of TransGlobe ("TransGlobe
HOUSTON, Oct. 07, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- VAALCO Energy, Inc. (NYSE: “EGY”; LSE: “EGY”) ("VAALCO" or the "Company") announced that the stockholders of TransGlobe Energy Corporation (AIM & TSX: “TGL” & NASDAQ: “TGA”) (“TransGlobe”) approved the proposed strategic business combination with VAALCO at a Special Meeting held earlier today. As previously disclosed, VAALCO’s stockholders approved the combination at its special meeting of stockholders held on September 29, 2022. George Maxwell, VAALCO’
Calgary, Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - October 7, 2022) - TransGlobe Energy Corporation (AIM: TGL) (TSX: TGL) (NASDAQ: TGA) ("TransGlobe" or the "Corporation") is pleased to announce that today at its special meeting (the "Meeting") of the holders ("TransGlobe Shareholders") of common shares of TransGlobe ("TransGlobe Common Shares"), the TransGlobe Shareholders passed a special resolution (the "Arrangement Resolution") approving a plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement") pursuant to Section 193 of
TransGlobe Provides an Updated Transaction Timetable for the Special Meeting of TransGlobe Shareholders to Consider the Business Combination with VAALCO Energy
Calgary, Alberta--(Newsfile Corp. - October 3, 2022) - TransGlobe Energy Corporation (AIM: TGL) (TSX: TGL) (NASDAQ: TGA) ("TransGlobe" or the "Company") provides an updated transaction timetable to correspond with the postponed special meeting (the "Meeting") of the holders (the "TransGlobe Shareholders") of TransGlobe common shares ("TransGlobe Shares") to consider the special resolution (the "Arrangement Resolution") to approve the proposed plan of arrangement (the "Arrangement") to implement
TGA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|