TEGNA Inc (TGNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGNA POWR Grades
- TGNA scores best on the Quality dimension, with a Quality rank ahead of 67.78% of US stocks.
- TGNA's strongest trending metric is Momentum; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TGNA's current lowest rank is in the Growth metric (where it is better than 7.65% of US stocks).
TGNA Stock Summary
- Tegna Inc's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 92.84% of US equities in our set.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Tegna Inc is higher than it is for about 83.51% of US stocks.
- Tegna Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is 8.13%, greater than the shareholder yield of 80.89% of stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Tegna Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SHC, POST, OUT, MD, and SP.
- Visit TGNA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tegna.com.
TGNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, TGNA's price/earnings ratio is 65.98% lower, now standing at 6.6.
- TGNA's price/earnings ratio has moved down 11.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TGNA's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.2.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGNA.
TGNA Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -63.34%.
- Its 2 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 320.47%.
- The 4 year revenue growth rate now stands at -34.39%.
The table below shows TGNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGNA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.55% of graded US stocks.
- TGNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.456 -- ranking 23rd of 64 Communication stocks.
- SPOK, GTN, and VEON are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGNA.
The table below shows TGNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$21.54||52-week high||$23.04|
|Prev. close||$21.19||52-week low||$16.42|
|Day high||$21.66||Avg. volume||2,897,535|
|50-day MA||$22.07||Dividend yield||1.77%|
|200-day MA||$20.41||Market Cap||4.80B|
TEGNA Inc (TGNA) Company Bio
TEGNA Inc. operates television stations that produce local programming, such as news, sports, and entertainment; and affiliated online sites. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGNA Latest Social Stream
View Full TGNA Social Stream
Latest TGNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tegna Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGNA as an investment opportunity.
TEGNA INVESTOR ALERT by the Former Attorney General of Louisiana: Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC Investigates Adequacy of Price and Process in Proposed Sale of TEGNA Inc. - TGNA
NEW ORLEANS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Former Attorney General of Louisiana Charles C. Foti, Jr., Esq. and the law firm of Kahn Swick & Foti, LLC (“KSF”) are investigating the proposed sale of TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) to an affiliate of Standard General L.P. Under the terms of the proposed transaction, shareholders of TEGNA will receive only $24.00 in cash (and additional cash consideration based on closing date) for each share of TEGNA that they own. KSF is seeking to determine whether this consider
TEGNA (NYSE:TGNA) is scheduled to announce Q4 earnings results on Monday, February 28th, before market open.The consensus EPS Estimate is $0.55 (-52.6% Y/Y) and the consensus Revenue…
An affiliate of New York-based hedge fund Standard General has signed an agreement to acquire media company TEGNA, Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) for nearly $5.4 billion. The enterprise value of the deal stands at $8.6 billion, which includes the assumption of debt. The offer of $24 per share represents a premium of around 39% to the TGNA stock’s closing price on September 14, 2021. The Founding Partner of Standard General, Soo Kim, said, “We believe TEGNA has a strong foundation and exciting prospects for continued growth as a result of the stewardship of the Board and the current management team.
Standard General to take U.S. broadcaster Tegna private in $5.4 bln deal Reuters
No summary available.
TGNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|