TEGNA Inc (TGNA): Price and Financial Metrics
TGNA Stock Summary
- TGNA's went public 34.14 years ago, making it older than 92.46% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- The ratio of debt to operating expenses for Tegna Inc is higher than it is for about 89.78% of US stocks.
- Tegna Inc's shareholder yield -- a measure of how much capital is returned to stockholders via dividends and buybacks -- is -28.78%, greater than the shareholder yield of merely 10.94% of stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TGNA, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are SLGN, SQM, AVA, R, and OLN.
- Visit TGNA's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tegna.com.
TGNA Stock Price Chart More Charts
TGNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$16.91||52-week high||$18.30|
|Prev. close||$16.70||52-week low||$12.06|
|Day high||$16.96||Avg. volume||2,299,084|
|50-day MA||$16.83||Dividend yield||1.66%|
|200-day MA||$15.63||Market Cap||3.67B|
TEGNA Inc (TGNA) Company Bio
TEGNA Inc. operates television stations that produce local programming, such as news, sports, and entertainment; and affiliated online sites. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
TGNA Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Tegna Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Tegna Inc ranked in the 40st percentile in terms of potential gain offered. We should note, though, that the most conservative analysis suggests this stock will yield negative results -- and thus may be a potential short opportunity. In terms of the factors that were most noteworthy in this DCF analysis for TGNA, they are:
- The company's compound free cash flow growth rate over the past 5.51 years comes in at -0.08%; that's greater than only 18.5% of US stocks we're applying DCF forecasting to.
- Tegna Inc's weighted average cost of capital (WACC) is 7%; for context, that number is higher than only 7.95% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Relative to other stocks in its sector (Consumer Cyclical), Tegna Inc has a reliance on debt greater than 71.21% of them.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|