TEGNA Inc (TGNA): Price and Financial Metrics
TGNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$14.91||52-week high||$22.29|
|Prev. close||$15.25||52-week low||$14.89|
|Day high||$15.38||Avg. volume||2,120,707|
|50-day MA||$16.37||Dividend yield||2.98%|
|200-day MA||$17.41||Market Cap||3.00B|
TGNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGNA POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TGNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 86.62% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TGNA is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 179 days.
- TGNA ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 4th percentile.
TGNA Stock Summary
- TGNA's went public 37.74 years ago, making it older than 93.16% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- With a price/earnings ratio of 4.65, TEGNA INC P/E ratio is greater than that of about only 6.22% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of TEGNA INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 98.43% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to TEGNA INC, a group of peers worth examining would be USAP, JBI, DAR, ADNT, and BBCP.
- TGNA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TEGNA INC's official web site, go to www.tegna.com.
TGNA Valuation Summary
- TGNA's EV/EBIT ratio is 5.6; this is 62.54% lower than that of the median Communication Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, TGNA's price/earnings ratio has gone down 13.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGNA.
TGNA Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at 17.46%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 97.21%.
- The year over year cash and equivalents growth rate now stands at 237.01%.
The table below shows TGNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGNA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.55% of graded US stocks.
- TGNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.456 -- ranking 23rd of 64 Communication stocks.
- SPOK, GTN, and VEON are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGNA.
The table below shows TGNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TEGNA Inc (TGNA) Company Bio
TEGNA Inc. operates television stations that produce local programming, such as news, sports, and entertainment; and affiliated online sites. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
TGNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGNA Latest Social Stream
View Full TGNA Social Stream
Latest TGNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TEGNA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGNA as an investment opportunity.
Investors need to pay close attention to TEGNA (TGNA) stock based on the movements in the options market lately.
TYSONS, Va., September 13, 2023--TEGNA will host a conference call to discuss its third quarter 2023 earnings results on Tuesday, November 7, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. (ET).
TYSONS, Va., September 06, 2023--Carrie Hofmann has been named president and general manager of WLTX-TV, TEGNA’s CBS affiliate in Columbia, SC, effective October 2.
TYSONS, Va., August 17, 2023--TEGNA stations receive ten 2023 National Edward R. Murrow Awards for excellence in broadcast journalism, more than any other station group.
TEGNA Shareholders Overwhelmingly Re-elect Board Members and Approve Say on Pay Proposal at Annual Meeting
TYSONS, Va., August 17, 2023--TEGNA Shareholders approved the re-election of nine Board members and an advisory resolution on the compensation of the company’s executive officers.
TGNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|