TEGNA Inc (TGNA): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TGNA POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TGNA ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 76.54% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for TGNA is in Quality, which has been heading up over the past 177 days.
- TGNA ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 15th percentile.
TGNA Stock Summary
- TEGNA INC's stock had its IPO on January 1, 1986, making it an older stock than 93.53% of US equities in our set.
- For TGNA, its debt to operating expenses ratio is greater than that reported by 83.5% of US equities we're observing.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, TGNA is more volatile than just 1.34% of stocks we're observing.
- Stocks with similar financial metrics, market capitalization, and price volatility to TEGNA INC are POST, OUT, TROX, SHC, and DAR.
- TGNA's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TEGNA INC's official web site, go to www.tegna.com.
TGNA Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, TGNA's EV/EBIT ratio is 39.26% lower, now standing at 8.2.
- Over the past 243 months, TGNA's price/sales ratio has gone down 1.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TGNA.
TGNA Growth Metrics
- Its 4 year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at -55.99%.
- Its 4 year price growth rate is now at -55.34%.
- Its 5 year revenue growth rate is now at -26.09%.
The table below shows TGNA's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TGNA's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TGNA has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 75.55% of graded US stocks.
- TGNA's asset turnover comes in at 0.456 -- ranking 23rd of 64 Communication stocks.
- SPOK, GTN, and VEON are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TGNA.
The table below shows TGNA's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TGNA Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TGNA Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$19.71||52-week high||$23.04|
|Prev. close||$19.64||52-week low||$18.71|
|Day high||$19.83||Avg. volume||1,420,300|
|50-day MA||$20.10||Dividend yield||1.93%|
|200-day MA||$20.86||Market Cap||4.40B|
TEGNA Inc (TGNA) Company Bio
TEGNA Inc. operates television stations that produce local programming, such as news, sports, and entertainment; and affiliated online sites. The company was founded in 1906 and is based in McLean, Virginia.
Most Popular Stories View All
TGNA Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TGNA Latest Social Stream
View Full TGNA Social Stream
Latest TGNA News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TEGNA INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TGNA as an investment opportunity.
Standard Generals Soo Kim said hes optimistic that talks with regulators over the planned acquisition of Tegna (TGNA) are closer to the end.
Tegna (TGNA) extended earlier declines, falling 4%, amid a report that its sale to Standard General may not be completed before a Feb
Update 5:55pm on Jan. 14: Adds Standard General comment.
The letter comes after Warren sent a letter Wednesday to the Federal Communications Commission asking the agency to block Standard General's acquisition of Tegna. News of the letter sent Tegna shares down 3.3% on Thursday and they ticked lower 0.7% on Friday....
Responding to Senator Warren’s arguments against the deal Soohyung Kim says it will make Tegna a “stronger competitor” in the local news business
Standard General is said to have sent a letter to Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) seeking to meet with regarding her comments on the Tegna (TGNA) deal.
TGNA Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|