Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
THG POWR Grades
- THG scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 92.48% of US stocks.
- THG's strongest trending metric is Stability; it's been moving up over the last 31 weeks.
- THG ranks lowest in Momentum; there it ranks in the 27th percentile.
THG Stock Summary
- With a price/earnings ratio of 10.18, Hanover Insurance Group Inc P/E ratio is greater than that of about just 17.58% of stocks in our set with positive earnings.
- Of note is the ratio of Hanover Insurance Group Inc's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.96% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- Over the past twelve months, THG has reported earnings growth of 83.73%, putting it ahead of 82.65% of US stocks in our set.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to THG, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are CRI, GPI, SIGI, PROS, and HBB.
- Visit THG's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.hanover.com.
THG Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Financial Services stock, THG's EV/EBIT ratio is 6.38% lower, now standing at 8.8.
- Over the past 243 months, THG's EV/EBIT ratio has gone down $4.8.
- THG's price/sales ratio has moved up $0.1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for THG.
THG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
THG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$131.48||52-week high||$143.20|
|Prev. close||$129.83||52-week low||$87.71|
|Day high||$131.82||Avg. volume||206,873|
|50-day MA||$137.76||Dividend yield||2.16%|
|200-day MA||$118.70||Market Cap||4.72B|
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Company Bio
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. provides various property and casualty insurance products and services in the United States and internationally. It operates through four segments: Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Chaucer, and Other. The company was founded in 1852 and is based in Worcester, Massachusetts.
THG Price Forecast Based on DCF Valuation
|Current Price||DCF Fair Value Target:||Forecasted Gain:|
We started the process of determining a valid price forecast for Hanover Insurance Group Inc with a discounted cash flow analysis -- the results of which can be found in the table below. To summarize, we found that Hanover Insurance Group Inc ranked in the 66th percentile in terms of potential gain offered. Moreover, under all the scenarios we modelled, the output consistently forecasted positive returns. As for the metrics that stood out in our discounted cash flow analysis of Hanover Insurance Group Inc, consider:
- The stock's equity weight, or the proportion of capital from equity relative to debt, is 87. Notably, its equity weight is greater than 68.99% of US equities in the Financial Services sector yielding a positive free cash flow.
- THG's estimated cost of debt, based largely on its market capitalization and its interest coverage ratio, is 3%; for context, that number is higher than 29.08% of tickers in our DCF set.
- Hanover Insurance Group Inc's interest coverage rate -- a measure of gross earnings relative to interest payments -- comes in at 17.87. This coverage rate is greater than that of 80.44% of stocks we're observing for the purpose of forecasting via discounted cash flows.
|Terminal Growth Rate in Free Cash Flow||Return Relative to Current Share Price|
THG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
THG Latest Social Stream
View Full THG Social Stream
Latest THG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Hanover Insurance Group Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate THG as an investment opportunity.
OLDWICK, N.J., Jun 17, 2021--AM Best has affirmed the Financial Strength Rating (FSR) of A (Excellent) and the Long-Term Issuer Credit Ratings (Long-Term ICR) of "a+" (Excellent) of the property/casualty subsidiaries of The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (THG) [NYSE: THG], which are collectively referred to as The Hanover or the group. Additionally, AM Best has affirmed the Long-Term ICR of "bbb+" (Good) and all Long-Term Issue Credit Ratings (Long-Term IR) of THG, which is the parent holding com
Hanover Insurance shows rising price performance, earning an upgrade to its IBD Relative Strength Rating.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) today announced the addition of motorcycle insurance coverage to The Hanover's suite of personal insurance products.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), a leading property and casualty insurance company, today announced Willard T. Lee has been appointed executive vice president, chief information and innovation officer, effective immediately. In this role, Lee is responsible for advancing the company's information technology roadmap and delivering technology solutions that support the company's business operations, its agent partners and its customers.
American Equity Investment makes the list
THG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching THGWant to see what other sources are saying about Hanover Insurance Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch