Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
THG POWR Grades
- THG scores best on the Stability dimension, with a Stability rank ahead of 87.09% of US stocks.
- The strongest trend for THG is in Growth, which has been heading down over the past 177 days.
- THG ranks lowest in Growth; there it ranks in the 7th percentile.
THG Stock Summary
- Of note is the ratio of HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC's sales and general administrative expense to its total operating expenses; 86.98% of US stocks have a lower such ratio.
- THG's equity multiplier -- a measure of assets relative to shareholders'equity -- is greater than that of 81.02% of US stocks.
- In terms of volatility of its share price, THG is more volatile than just 2.05% of stocks we're observing.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC, a group of peers worth examining would be HELE, GDOT, KMT, HWKN, and CSWI.
- THG's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC's official web site, go to www.hanover.com.
THG Valuation Summary
- THG's EV/EBIT ratio is 13.2; this is 18.92% higher than that of the median Financial Services stock.
- Over the past 243 months, THG's price/sales ratio has gone up 0.7.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for THG.
THG Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year net income to common stockholders growth rate is now at -3.34%.
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 142.64%.
- The 2 year net income to common stockholders growth rate now stands at 63.99%.
The table below shows THG's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
THG's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- THG has a Quality Grade of C, ranking ahead of 60.74% of graded US stocks.
- THG's asset turnover comes in at 0.376 -- ranking 39th of 133 Insurance stocks.
- GLRE, MMC, and RNR are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with THG.
The table below shows THG's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
THG Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
THG Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$143.11||52-week high||$155.55|
|Prev. close||$142.40||52-week low||$123.36|
|Day high||$143.35||Avg. volume||177,998|
|50-day MA||$137.41||Dividend yield||2.28%|
|200-day MA||$138.96||Market Cap||5.09B|
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Company Bio
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. provides various property and casualty insurance products and services in the United States and internationally. It operates through four segments: Commercial Lines, Personal Lines, Chaucer, and Other. The company was founded in 1852 and is based in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Most Popular Stories View All
THG Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
THG Latest Social Stream
View Full THG Social Stream
Latest THG News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about HANOVER INSURANCE GROUP INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate THG as an investment opportunity.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE:THG) Q4 2022 Earnings Call Transcript February 2, 2023 Operator: Good day, and welcome to The Hanover Insurance Group’s Fourth Quarter Earnings Conference Call. My name is Anthony, and I’ll be your operator for today’s call. At this time, all participants are in listen-only mode. After today’s presentation, there will […]
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (THG)
Q4 2022 Earnings Conference Call
February 02, 2023, 10:00 AM ET
Oksana Lukasheva - Investor Relations
Jack Roche - President and Chief Executive Officer
Jeff Farber - Chief Financial Officer
Dick Lavey - President of Agency Markets
Bryan Salvatore - President of Specialty Lines
Conference Call Participants
Mike Zaremski - BMO
Bob Farnam - Janney
Paul Newsome - Piper Sandler
Grace Carter - Bank of America
Meyer Shields - KBW
Good day, and welcome to The Hanover Insurance Group's Fourth Quarter Earnings Conference Call. My name is Anthon...
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) today reported a net loss of $11.6 million, or $0.33 per basic share**, in the fourth quarter of 2022, compared to net income of $163.5 million, or $4.53 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter. Operating loss(4) was $37.4 million, or $1.05 per basic share, for the fourth quarter of 2022. This compared to operating income of $122.1 million, or $3.38 per diluted share, in the prior-year quarter.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) today announced it has appointed Kate B. Williams to president of excess and surplus (E&S). In this role, Williams will oversee the company's full range of E&S solutions for the property and casualty needs of small to mid-size customers.
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG) today announced the launch of a specialty general liability offering. With the new offering, the company's agents and brokers can provide an admitted general liability and excess coverage solution for hard-to-place risks, including manufacturing, distribution, wholesale and import businesses with higher hazard product liability exposures or clients with loss-sensitive premises liability insurance programs.
THG Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching THGWant to see what other sources are saying about Hanover Insurance Group Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Hanover Insurance Group Inc (THG) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch