TJX Cos. (TJX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TJX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TJX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.76% of US stocks.
- TJX's strongest trending metric is Value; it's been moving down over the last 157 days.
- TJX's current lowest rank is in the Momentum metric (where it is better than 35.28% of US stocks).
TJX Stock Summary
- TJX has a market capitalization of $84,909,084,085 -- more than approximately 96.9% of US stocks.
- Tjx Companies Inc's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 95.46% of US listed stocks.
- Over the past twelve months, TJX has reported earnings growth of 264.36%, putting it ahead of 91.82% of US stocks in our set.
- If you're looking for stocks that are quantitatively similar to Tjx Companies Inc, a group of peers worth examining would be SHW, ITW, MMC, CI, and MDLZ.
- Visit TJX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tjx.com.
TJX Valuation Summary
- TJX's price/sales ratio is 2; this is 42.86% higher than that of the median Consumer Cyclical stock.
- TJX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 15.6 over the prior 243 months.
- Over the past 243 months, TJX's price/sales ratio has gone up 1.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TJX.
TJX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year cash and equivalents growth rate is now at 104.66%.
- The 5 year price growth rate now stands at 41.68%.
- The 3 year revenue growth rate now stands at 25.11%.
The table below shows TJX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TJX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TJX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.72% of graded US stocks.
- TJX's asset turnover comes in at 1.423 -- ranking 85th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ROST, BURL, and BBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TJX.
The table below shows TJX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TJX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TJX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$68.91||52-week high||$77.35|
|Prev. close||$71.18||52-week low||$61.15|
|Day high||$70.67||Avg. volume||6,096,618|
|50-day MA||$72.42||Dividend yield||1.46%|
|200-day MA||$69.40||Market Cap||82.20B|
TJX Cos. (TJX) Company Bio
The TJX Companies, Inc. (abbreviated TJX) is an American multinational off-price department store corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts. It was formed as a subsidiary of Zayre Corp. in 1987, and became the legal successor to Zayre Corp. following a company reorganization in 1989. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TJX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TJX Latest Social Stream
View Full TJX Social Stream
Latest TJX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about Tjx Companies Inc that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TJX as an investment opportunity.
St. Louis, MO, based Investment company Acropolis Investment Management, LLC (Current Portfolio) buys Vanguard Growth ETF, iShares 3-7 Year Treasury Bond ETF, iShares Russell 2000 ETF, Merck Inc, iShares MSCI EAFE ESG Select ETF, sells iShares Core U.S.
Yahoo Finance's Brad Smith discusses how U.S. retail sales declined over the holiday season due to inflation, a staff shortage, and worries about Omicron.
The TJX Companies' (TJX) HomeGoods segment has been seeing robust demand. Also, the company is undertaking several initiatives to strengthen its e-commerce business.
Galveston, TX, based Investment company Moody National Bank Trust Division (Current Portfolio) buys iShares Core S&P 500 ETF, General Electric Co, Monster Beverage Corp, TJX Inc, MGP Ingredients Inc, sells American National Group Inc, Apple Inc, Microsoft Corp, Amazon.com Inc, Alphabet Inc during the 3-months ended 2021Q4, according to the most recent filings of the investment company, Moody National Bank Trust Division.
JP Morgan Retail Analyst Matt Boss joins Yahoo Finance Live’s Julie Hyman and Brian Sozzi to assess the state of retail, four key trends to watch for, and how COVID-19 could impact department stores throughout the year.
TJX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|