TJX Cos. (TJX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TJX POWR Grades
- TJX scores best on the Sentiment dimension, with a Sentiment rank ahead of 93.79% of US stocks.
- TJX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving down over the last 179 days.
- TJX ranks lowest in Value; there it ranks in the 28th percentile.
TJX Stock Summary
- TJX has a higher market value than 97.76% of US stocks; more precisely, its current market capitalization is $92,919,068,469.
- TJX COMPANIES INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 96.19% of US listed stocks.
- TJX's went public 34.93 years ago, making it older than 90.26% of listed US stocks we're tracking.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TJX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MDLZ, MMC, CI, INFY, and NOC.
- Visit TJX's SEC page to see the company's official filings. To visit the company's web site, go to www.tjx.com.
TJX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, TJX's price/sales ratio is 5.56% higher, now standing at 1.9.
- TJX's EV/EBIT ratio has moved up 10.3 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TJX.
TJX Growth Metrics
- Its year over year price growth rate is now at -4.37%.
- Its 5 year price growth rate is now at 37.97%.
- Its year over year revenue growth rate is now at 31.88%.
The table below shows TJX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TJX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TJX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.72% of graded US stocks.
- TJX's asset turnover comes in at 1.423 -- ranking 85th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ROST, BURL, and BBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TJX.
The table below shows TJX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TJX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TJX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$79.70||52-week high||$81.17|
|Prev. close||$80.16||52-week low||$53.69|
|Day high||$80.16||Avg. volume||6,463,868|
|50-day MA||$69.73||Dividend yield||1.47%|
|200-day MA||$63.91||Market Cap||92.54B|
TJX Cos. (TJX) Company Bio
The TJX Companies, Inc. (abbreviated TJX) is an American multinational off-price department store corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts. It was formed as a subsidiary of Zayre Corp. in 1987, and became the legal successor to Zayre Corp. following a company reorganization in 1989. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TJX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TJX Latest Social Stream
View Full TJX Social Stream
Latest TJX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TJX COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TJX as an investment opportunity.
Retail stocks have been trading pretty well. Here's a look at two of the best from a technical perspective.
In this article, we discuss the 11 safe consumer stocks for a retirement stock portfolio. If you want to read about some more consumer stocks, go directly to Retirement Stock Portfolio: 5 Safe Consumer Stocks to Consider. Consumer stocks are generally considered one of the safest investments at the stock market because of their predictable […]
Did you know there are some financial metrics that can provide clues of a potential multi-bagger? Ideally, a business...
The worst result, after buying shares in a company (assuming no leverage), would be if you lose all the money you put...
The Fed's interest-rate rises are intended to reduce demand and the effects are felt with a long lag.
TJX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|