TJX Cos. (TJX): Price and Financial Metrics
GET POWR RATINGS... FREE!
TJX Price/Volume Stats
|Current price||$77.00||52-week high||$83.13|
|Prev. close||$75.94||52-week low||$54.55|
|Day high||$77.20||Avg. volume||5,083,035|
|50-day MA||$77.60||Dividend yield||1.75%|
|200-day MA||$74.43||Market Cap||88.66B|
TJX Stock Price Chart Interactive Chart >
TJX POWR Grades
- Quality is the dimension where TJX ranks best; there it ranks ahead of 91.68% of US stocks.
- TJX's strongest trending metric is Growth; it's been moving up over the last 179 days.
- TJX's current lowest rank is in the Value metric (where it is better than 38.96% of US stocks).
TJX Stock Summary
- With a market capitalization of $88,540,345,817, TJX COMPANIES INC has a greater market value than 97.77% of US stocks.
- TJX COMPANIES INC's capital turnover -- a measure of revenue relative to shareholder's equity -- is better than 94.91% of US listed stocks.
- With a one year PEG ratio of 883.29, TJX COMPANIES INC is expected to have a higher PEG ratio (a measure of how expensive a stock is relative to its expected earnings growth) than 97.28% of US stocks.
- Stocks that are quantitatively similar to TJX, based on their financial statements, market capitalization, and price volatility, are MMC, BKNG, CI, CVS, and PGR.
- TJX's SEC filings can be seen here. And to visit TJX COMPANIES INC's official web site, go to www.tjx.com.
TJX Valuation Summary
- In comparison to the median Consumer Cyclical stock, TJX's price/earnings ratio is 94.78% higher, now standing at 26.1.
- TJX's price/sales ratio has moved up 1 over the prior 243 months.
Below are key valuation metrics over time for TJX.
TJX Growth Metrics
- Its 3 year price growth rate is now at 28.44%.
- Its 2 year price growth rate is now at 18.95%.
- The year over year net cashflow from operations growth rate now stands at -60.82%.
The table below shows TJX's growth in key financial areas (numbers in millions of US dollars).
|Date||Revenue||Operating Cash Flow||Net Income to Common Stock|
TJX's Quality FactorsThe “Quality” component of the POWR Ratings focuses on 31 different factors of a companies fundamentals and operational strength. Here are some key insights as we drill into the specifics of these quality attributes.
- TJX has a Quality Grade of B, ranking ahead of 93.72% of graded US stocks.
- TJX's asset turnover comes in at 1.423 -- ranking 85th of 165 Retail stocks.
- ROST, BURL, and BBY are the stocks whose asset turnover ratios are most correlated with TJX.
The table below shows TJX's key quality metrics over time.
|Period||Asset Turnover||Gross Margin||ROIC|
TJX Price Target
For more insight on analysts targets of TJX, see our TJX price target page. And for a list of of all stocks sorted by upside potential based on analyst target price, see our Top Price Target page.
|Average Price Target||$84.45||Average Broker Recommendation||1.46 (Moderate Buy)|
TJX Cos. (TJX) Company Bio
The TJX Companies, Inc. (abbreviated TJX) is an American multinational off-price department store corporation, headquartered in Framingham, Massachusetts. It was formed as a subsidiary of Zayre Corp. in 1987, and became the legal successor to Zayre Corp. following a company reorganization in 1989. (Source:Wikipedia)
Most Popular Stories View All
TJX Latest News Stream
|Loading, please wait...|
TJX Latest Social Stream
View Full TJX Social Stream
Latest TJX News From Around the Web
Below are the latest news stories about TJX COMPANIES INC that investors may wish to consider to help them evaluate TJX as an investment opportunity.
Retail Earnings: What earnings are saying about the state of the consumer
Yahoo Finance Live previews the week in retail earnings ahead of reporting from retail giants such as BJ's, Dollar Tree, and Costco.
Is a Recession Coming? 2 Top Dividend Stocks to Buy Now
If you're looking for some shares to beef up your holdings now -- ones that you can hold on to for long-term benefit -- consider buying Costco Wholesale (NASDAQ: COST) and TJX Companies (NYSE: TJX). When the economy is tight and shoppers are watching their wallets, Costco's prices become a shopping magnet. In any environment, Costco's model revolves around offering low prices, with just a slight markup to cover product costs and expenses, while taking in profits from membership fees.
The Returns On Capital At TJX Companies (NYSE:TJX) Don't Inspire Confidence
If we want to find a potential multi-bagger, often there are underlying trends that can provide clues. Typically, we'll...
3 Reasons Growth Investors Will Love TJX (TJX)
TJX (TJX) is well positioned to outperform the market, as it exhibits above-average growth in financials.
4 Key Takeaways From Retail Earnings
Discretionary remains a hard sell, say retailers in their earnings report. Also, theft is on the rise, and looms over guidance.
TJX Price Returns
|Ex-Dividend Date||Type||Payout Amount||Change|
|Loading, please wait...|
Continue Researching TJXWant to see what other sources are saying about Tjx Companies Inc's financials and stock price? Try the links below:
Tjx Companies Inc (TJX) Stock Price | Nasdaq
Tjx Companies Inc (TJX) Stock Quote, History and News - Yahoo Finance
Tjx Companies Inc (TJX) Stock Price and Basic Information | MarketWatch
Loading social stream, please wait...